Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So tired, road trips do that to ya.

1/2 the price of a moderate resort at WDW

10351828_10152069319040904_7394528493617772500_n.jpg

763.jpg

bed-panorama.jpg

Freak'n amazing pillows!
img_1010.jpg

Did I miss anything sparkling in the eight pages cause I'm going fade before I catch up

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It's not reckless when you hit critters.
I've hit multiple squirrels and possums, one skunk, one fox, hundreds of frogs, and two raccoons in my day. Them's the joys of living just within city limits.

I've always told my kids to hit anything smaller than a deer, rather than swerve and end up in the ditch.

What ticks me is that he didn't say anything, although he still insists it wasn't him. The hairs stuck in the crack look like raccoon fur to me. Maybe I should just get mad at the critters! Or the cheap-a$$ $1200 plastic bumper.

Anyways, I currently have bigger annoyances with which to deal. Like druggies in my backyard.

Pack bags put at curb. You're a good Mom with a kid that needs a life lesson.

And change the locks and garage code.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Pack bags put at curb. You're a good Mom with a kid that needs a life lesson.

And change the locks and garage code.
This one (Son #1) is my good one.
Doesn't drink.
Doesn't smoke.
Doesn't do drugs.
Doesn't do his girlfriend in my basement.

Sadly, he sleeps all day; stays awake all night; and probably runs over raccoons, and neglects to tell me.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I took this one years ago in Key West.
View attachment 60648

Oh my, that's a beautiful picture; the Keys are gorgeous. Years ago, I worked for a hotel company, and one of my bosses had a spectacular mansion (that he used about 2 months out of the year . . . :rolleyes: ) in Islamorada.

Back then, while I was vacationing at one of our Florida hotels, he had suggested that I visit the Florida Keys. He offered me his house (he was heading overseas at the time), and he arranged for his caretaker to let me in. (The place was security alarmed to the nines.) The caretaker was a really funny guy, and he gave me a tour up and down the FL Keys. (He lived on a boat down there; yup, that was his "home"! Can you imagine? :) )

The Keys had the most stunning sunrises and sunsets; it was paradise down there.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Years ago I worked at an SS Kresge store. I started in high school and left after I graduated from college. Kresge and Jupiter were the smaller sized predessors to K-Mart (the K actually stood for Kresge). I think I still have my 5 year employee service pin laying around somewhere. We had blue light specials too and I used to have the dubious honor of doing some of the announcements for them....

Ha! Yes—the "announcements" of the Blue LIght Specials—this is so funny; reminds me of when my brother worked for them. Years ago, my eldest brother worked for K-Mart (he had just finished his tour of duty with the Marines, and while sorting out what he wanted to do in life, he took the job to make a few bucks). He lasted two weeks as a cashier and quit; he had no patience dealing with the public.

At that time, the local store manager was testing out a few items, unrelated to their usual stock. They brought in a small shipment of cans of vegetables, fruits, and other non-perishables to see how they'd sell.

One night, on the Blue Light Special, they put the canned peas on sale. So, this customer brings over 6 cans of beans, and my brother rang up the regular price. The man argued that they were on sale. My brother said no, that only the peas were on sale. The customer points to the cans and says, "beans"! My brother then went over to the display, brought back the actual sign that said PEAS were on sale, showed it to the guy, while spelling aloud, "P-E-A-S" ! The guy then said, "Right! BEANS!" and kept insisting that beans were on sale!

The manager was called over, and the man grumpily left the store—without his beans. My brother quit at the end of the shift; he couldn't take it anymore! :hilarious:

Goofyernmost

Oh my, that's a beautiful picture; the Keys are gorgeous. Years ago, I worked for a hotel company, and one of my bosses had a spectacular mansion (that he used about 2 months out of the year . . . :rolleyes: ) in Islamorada.

Back then, while I was vacationing at one of our Florida hotels, he had suggested that I visit the Florida Keys. He offered me his house (he was heading overseas at the time), and he arranged for his caretaker to let me in. (The place was security alarmed to the nines.) The caretaker was a really funny guy, and he gave me a tour up and down the FL Keys. (He lived on a boat down there; yup, that was his "home"! Can you imagine? :) )

The Keys had the most stunning sunrises and sunsets; it was paradise down there.
That was some real good luck for you. Very few people have let me stay in their mansion. :)

I love that picture and consider it to be one of the best I ever took. I happened right after a heavy downpour (as you might tell from the clouds in the forefront). I took it from the entry balcony of the hotel I was staying in.

It had a lot of significance to me because it was just after my divorce became final and I went on a two week road trip to "cleanse" my soul, so to speak. I don't think of myself as a very deep person, intellectually, but the message of the beauty after the storm just made me feel like it was to much of a coincidence. It really meant something to me and helped in my repair and recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom