Toy Story and Soarin Rumors

Mike S

I don't think they really need two E-tickets. One E-ticket and a couple of C-tickets would do wonders for DHS. The park already has solid headlining attractions, but needs a lot more filler rides (which should be cheaper).
Just looking at Pixar and Star Wars I actually think they do need two E Tickets. Put a great Incredibles ride in Pixar Place that could potentially tie in with the sequel and a jaw dropping, mind blowing, making people say "Harry Who?" Star Wars E++Ticket. Add Frozen to the mix and that would be a third E Ticket using trackless vehicles that rivals Mystic Manor in quality (seriously, I recently watched another on ride video of that ride for the first time in a while and that's definitely the kind of ride they should make for Frozen). Other than that yes more C-D Tickets should definitely be built to round out the park.

doctornick

I've heard another confirmation about both these things today AND one more ride that's not Star Wars, as well as something else people have been talking a lot about for another park. Honestly sounds like a lot more is planning to be built over the next few years at the world than anyone has been talking about.

I hope this is indeed true. @marni1971 hinted to something in Epcot getting properly renovated, which would git the "something else people have been talking a lot about for another park" comment. I really hope that they have other rides coming to DHS beyond Star Wars (if and when that ever actually does get built).

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have to agree with this I didn't find the ride very compelling, I was glad I had a Fastpass for it and didn't have to wait in a lot line. I much prefer Space Ranger Spin to this. As has been said numerous times, Toy Story likely wouldn't have as long a line if there were a few more family friendly rides in the park.

Yep, me too. I actually enjoy both Soarin' & Toy but in the space between my ears I can't categorize them as E attractions despite the long lines. They certainly are not to me an Everest, Haunted Mansion, Thunder, Splash etc. true E attractions. While it certainly will do no harm to expand the capacity of either to bring down the wait time I believe a better long range plan is offer up more attractions in the Studios and FW. To just churn the guests through the lines quicker gives guests either more time to kill in their touring day or to get back in line and re-experience the same attraction.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
NOT MY RUMOR. I"M JUST POSTING IT.

"Well, according to my sources, much of the challenges relative to waiting in long queues will partly be relieved as Epcot’s Soarin’ has commenced work on a third theater behind The Land. Already, a number of trailers have been removed from behind that area to allow for the building of an additional theater/projection system. Currently there are two theaters already when the entire attraction is up and running. With the new movie being added where guests will be Soarin’ around the world instead of just California, it’s considered that this will help relieve some of the additional demand for experiencing the attraction.

I don't believe this rumor/news at all. Why bring out a 3rd theater when they're working so hard on merging Fastpass+ and regular Fastpass together already completely cutting out regular stand-by waits? :p

deix15x8

They should really fast track the Star Wars area to compete with Harry Potter. I still do not understand how Pandora is going to draw anyone to Disney World that wasn't already planning on going. They should consider shutting that down and redirecting all the workers to Star Wars land in DHS. I'm probably the only one to say this but they should be putting Arendelle in Animal Kingdom instead of Pandora. Pandora is all about imaginary creatures in a park about educating people about our natural wonders. Arendelle in the Animal Kingdom would create the perfect place to educate people on the wonders of our frozen regions. They can feature penguins and polar bears (inside of course since it's too hot in FL) while discussing the dangers of the shrinking ice caps. This seems like a rather perfect fit for Frozen that would still be fitting to the purpose of Animal Kingdom. With Pandora shut down and the workers going to DHS they can then focus on repurposing what has already been developed for Pandora to work for Arendelle and then start construction back up after Star Wars is done.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They should really fast track the Star Wars area to compete with Harry Potter. I still do not understand how Pandora is going to draw anyone to Disney World that wasn't already planning on going. They should consider shutting that down and redirecting all the workers to Star Wars land in DHS. I'm probably the only one to say this but they should be putting Arendelle in Animal Kingdom instead of Pandora. Pandora is all about imaginary creatures in a park about educating people about our natural wonders. Arendelle in the Animal Kingdom would create the perfect place to educate people on the wonders of our frozen regions. They can feature penguins and polar bears (inside of course since it's too hot in FL) while discussing the dangers of the shrinking ice caps. This seems like a rather perfect fit for Frozen that would still be fitting to the purpose of Animal Kingdom. With Pandora shut down and the workers going to DHS they can then focus on repurposing what has already been developed for Pandora to work for Arendelle and then start construction back up after Star Wars is done.

Animal Kingdom was always intended to include imaginary creatures, there is even a dragon on the sign.

animal-kingdom.gif

Goofnut1980

For my two cents; They truly need to expand the couple attractions that have the space to do so. Every year the attendance increases but not enough in terms of additional capacity are being added.

7D did not really help by much, it is a 2 minute ride. The wait for Space and Splash are typically longer every day than 7D. The queue at Little Mermaid takes longer to walk in then it does to ride the attraction. But if you have a ride that is so popular like Soarin' and TSMM and you have the land, expand it. Odds are they could expand both for less than creating a new attraction and at least we would be able to ride more than once a trip!...

Attractions like Space and Splash can't expand due to their surroundings but some locations can. just sayin.

cw1982

For my two cents; They truly need to expand the couple attractions that have the space to do so. Every year the attendance increases but not enough in terms of additional capacity are being added.

7D did not really help by much, it is a 2 minute ride. The wait for Space and Splash are typically longer every day than 7D. The queue at Little Mermaid takes longer to walk in then it does to ride the attraction. But if you have a ride that is so popular like Soarin' and TSMM and you have the land, expand it. Odds are they could expand both for less than creating a new attraction and at least we would be able to ride more than once a trip!...

Attractions like Space and Splash can't expand due to their surroundings but some locations can. just sayin.

I don't know what the waits are like now, but the wait for 7dmt was always longer than Space and Splash when I was there last month.

dstrawn9889

yeah, you cannot compare ride length in helping to soak up guests, you have to use the time from when a guest enters the queue until they get off the ride... so that 2 minute ride actually costs the guest about 73 minutes on avg(without FP of course)

mahnamahna101

Based on the news reports both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure are having major increases in attendance so much in fact that they stopped selling some new ticket packages. I would not be too surprised if DCA passed DHS in attendance in the next few years. The saving grace though for DHS this year may be Frozen. It would be hard for DCA to increase to much more than 10 million this year so even a small increase at DHS would probably keep above DCA and with Frozen I would not be shocked to see DHS at 11 million.
Frozen alone isn't adding 1 million guests to DHS. It was announced far too late and honestly is supposed to end by September.

And you said it was laughable that Diagon would give USF a 1 million+ increase in attendance despite having 3 million less guests.

I know Frozen is popular but a couple of on the cheap shows isn't going to increase attendance that much

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Frozen alone isn't adding 1 million guests to DHS. It was announced far too late and honestly is supposed to end by September.

And you said it was laughable that Diagon would give USF a 1 million+ increase in attendance despite having 3 million less guests.

I know Frozen is popular but a couple of on the cheap shows isn't going to increase attendance that much

Based on my experience over the years, DHS is much busier than normal this summer.

evnted

that doesnt really make sense. if you watched Avatar they constantly portray the unity of all of nature message throughout the movie. Frozen doesnt really focus on nature at all. it would be an extremely forced nature connection to put polar bears/penguins in a Frozen themed land or discuss global warming there as none of that was remotely present in the movie. and besides, AK was meant to represent 3 types of animals-current, past, and mythological.

MikeTaylorSound

EPCOT needs a new ride.
They need to use or expand the Captain EO building, replace it with something new, a dark ride maybe... WALL-E, for "futuristic" and "treat our planet better" theme. Make it an omni-mover, suspended track like Horizons/Peter Pan and reuse the "choose your destination, majority rules" function. Have one scenario talk about new microwave propulsion to take us into deep space cheaply, another about "business as usual" that will lead us to the WALL-E World (haha), and the last option about comprehensive solutions for future Waste Management (and there's your built-in sponsor you can pitch it to for funding).

SJN1279

Seven Dwarves is actually 2.5 minutes and longer than Space Mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom