Do DLR Hotels ever have discounts?

squidward

Original Poster
The woman I spoke to this morning on the phone told me the only discounts Disneyland has is on packages. She said they never offer discounts on the rooms. Is that true? Obviously no more AAA discounts, but no Disney Visa discounts or general public discounts?

sweetpee_1993

On occasion you see a general discount but it's not common. Even the AP discount isn't that much. You don't see discounts on Disneyland's hotel rooms the way you do WDW.

Animaniac93-98

There's a 15% off deal for the three hotels (standard rooms, 20% off premium rooms) from Aug 17 - Sept 17, not including Labour Day weekend.

But as said, discounts like that are rare. You'll never see the constant 30% off deluxe deal you get at WDW.

PolynesianPrincess

As posted above Mousesavers lists any discounts. I know right now Orbitz (I think, might be Expedia) is running 15% off through the rest of the year. It's posted on Mousesavers if you want to check the exact info.

I think where the DLR hotels are so expensive when we travel there next fall, we will probably do a split stay: 4 nights off property and 4 nights on. I priced out all three for 8 nights next fall and it ranged from $2797 for Paradise Pier standard room all the way up to $4313 for Grand Californian. Those prices are insane when you figure you have to add in tickets, flights, food, etc.... Split stay for us is the way to go!

disney4life2008

As posted above Mousesavers lists any discounts. I know right now Orbitz (I think, might be Expedia) is running 15% off through the rest of the year. It's posted on Mousesavers if you want to check the exact info.

I think where the DLR hotels are so expensive when we travel there next fall, we will probably do a split stay: 4 nights off property and 4 nights on. I priced out all three for 8 nights next fall and it ranged from $2797 for Paradise Pier standard room all the way up to $4313 for Grand Californian. Those prices are insane when you figure you have to add in tickets, flights, food, etc.... Split stay for us is the way to go!

I would never pay $3000 for a room at DLR - wow. While Anaheim is great I am fine at one of the off property hotels :)

PolynesianPrincess

I would never pay $3000 for a room at DLR - wow. While Anaheim is great I am fine at one of the off property hotels :)

I agree! Which is why I think we might do a split stay. The only on property benefit we want to take advantage of is the early morning hour. It would be SO beneficial for us to use that hours for Carsland and Radiator Springs Racers. We also won't spend all our time in the parks so we would be utilizing ALL the resort has to offer, especially at that price! :)

PacNWTigger

I agree! Which is why I think we might do a split stay. The only on property benefit we want to take advantage of is the early morning hour. It would be SO beneficial for us to use that hours for Carsland and Radiator Springs Racers. We also won't spend all our time in the parks so we would be utilizing ALL the resort has to offer, especially at that price! :)
You can stay at one of the Good Neighbor Hotels and still get the Magic Morning hours w/out paying the premium price of staying at PP, GC, or DLR. The majority (if not all) are within walking distance of the parks.

PolynesianPrincess

You can stay at one of the Good Neighbor Hotels and still get the Magic Morning hours w/out paying the premium price of staying at PP, GC, or DLR. The majority (if not all) are within walking distance of the parks.

Yeah we had Magic Mornings during our trip in April. I think it was only on Tuesday though. DLR hotels have them every morning!! That's what is enticing us!

rle4lunch

Military Discounts are available, but room options are few and far between. Although we booked for Sep 24-26th and got 40% off. Standard room, 2 queen beds.

s&k'smom

Hey guys can you point me in the right direction for hotels near Disneyland? Thanks, hoping to take the kids next July after my nephew's wedding.

PacNWTigger

Hey guys can you point me in the right direction for hotels near Disneyland? Thanks, hoping to take the kids next July after my nephew's wedding.
We have had great luck at The Annabella, which is a Good Neighbor Hotel. It's a short walk to GCH to the parks. Nice place with a decent little restaurant for breakfast. Last time we got an upgraded room and free breakfast for the week.

zooey

I got a AAA discount for December, but it's only like 10% off, it's nothing great. I heard Disney and AAA are dunzo in 2015, though.

s&k'smom

Thanks my friends, have been doing my "research". Now if that darn nephew would just set a wedding date I could really begin planning!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom