Trip Report Finally Married In Disney World - 12 Day Trip Report!

So after being present and reading so much on these forums for so long I've finally decided to post something! And what a better first post than our Disney World Wedding Trip Report!

Cast: DH and DW (myself)

Dates: May 25th ~ June 5th 2014

Wedding Date: May 26th 2014

This would be our first trip staying on-site (for part of our trip) and first time using the MyMagic+, FastPass+ and MyDisneyExperience.

Resort: Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Savannah
Off-Site Resort: Blue Heron Beach Resort Condos

Hopefully this whole trip-report thing turns out well! Let me know how I'm doing! :)

Last edited:

Mom@disney

After the ceremony we headed back to our room at Kidani to quickly change before we headed to Epcot for our ADR at Via Napoli in Italy (we both love italian and especially pizza!)

This was our first time using PhotoPass/MyMagic+. I was sure glad we did. It was so nice to not have a million hand-held selfies.

I had a second dress to wear into Epcot for the evening. It was sort of embarrassing... a lot of people took pictures of me as I was walking around. Guess it really did look like a wedding dress.
View attachment 59652
This is what our wedding ears had on the back:
View attachment 59653
View attachment 59654 View attachment 59655
We did Soarin' that night in Epcot as well as Spaceship Earth. We also stayed and had FastPass+ for IllumiNations. We didn't take any photos at IllumiNations... just got to sit together and enjoy it. It was DH first time seeing it.
Conveniently that night was EMH at Epcot so we stayed and saw Mickey, Minnie and Goofy at Epcot Character Spot. We didn't have a FastPass+ for it but it was only a 5 minute wait. The characters were amazing and definitely one of the highlights of our trip!

We saw Mickey first:
View attachment 59659
Followed by some goofy pictures with Goofy:
View attachment 59660
But it was Minnie that truly touched our hearts. We took a quick picture with her:
View attachment 59662
And then she realized that we had just gotten married that very day!
View attachment 59663
She ran over to Mickey (who was just finishing up with another person) and pulled him out of line to come take pictures with both Minnie and Mickey together! We had both MyMagic+ photographers snapping photos. This was my favourite:
View attachment 59664
It truly made our night as they posed for over 10 minutes to get pictures together with both of us. Thanks Minnie & Mickey! <3 It is these moments that are truly magical!

After the character pictures we headed back to Kidani for the night.
Congratulations! What an experience to get married in DisneyWorld! I like that it was intimate and just the two of you. This last picture with Mickey and Minnie actually made me tear up a bit. So cute!

melmel89

You can totally convince him! If I convinced my DH you can convince yours! It took me 6 years to convince to even go to Disney but once we went he was hooked! We are already planning our next trip in 2015 (hoping to get there after all the Christmas Decorations go up!)

Haha I'm working on it all the time, phase 1 was already a success we went to WDW last september and he loved it we had booked to return this September within 48 hours of comming home, so hopefully it won't be too tricky!;)

acrab3t

I love love love Disney weddings! Congrats! I have that same bridal Minnie ears from my Disneymoon 3 years ago. Loving your TR!

PartOfYourWorld

Congratulations on your Disney wedding! My husband and I also got married in WDW but last May on the 21st! Our anniversaries are close!

your wedding pictures are gorgeous! As is your dress! It looked like you had such a great time and I love how Minnie and Mickey took the time to take pictures with you! The pictures are so cute!!!

Loving this trip report!!!

prfctlyximprct

You looked absolutely gorgeous in your wedding photos!! Loving this report so far! What a great wedding.. I would love to have a disney wedding someday. The Mickey and Minnie photo is priceless. I love it!!

spammyanne

Congrats on your wedding! It looks lovely. I'm getting married in a few months at Disney World too! We are pretty close neighbors as well. I'm just south of the Canadian border. I'm literally a few minutes to the Queenstown-Lewiston Bridge. I can't wait to read more!

Tinkerbella16

Congratulations! Your photos are beautiful! I loved your wedding dress and hair! Absolutely stunning! It is my dream to have a disney wedding someday. Glad you had a magical interaction with Mickey and Minnie at The Character Spot! Can't wait to keep reading your report!

mrdrift

Nice report from Universal, love the Harry Potter area and the butterbeer, I just can't get enough of that. Great pictures of the attractions. Following along.

FaithTrustAndPixieDust

Original Poster
Congrats on your wedding! It looks lovely. I'm getting married in a few months at Disney World too! We are pretty close neighbors as well. I'm just south of the Canadian border. I'm literally a few minutes to the Queenstown-Lewiston Bridge. I can't wait to read more!
You will love the experience getting married in Disney World! It was so magical!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom