New Anna/Elsa standby procedure?

dadddio

Of course no one like to stand in lines, but that's what's expected when u go to a crowded theme park...

You reall need to wipe the pixie dust out of your eyes as you keep trying your damnedest to make this "solution" seem justified when it is anything but...
There are super long lines at these attractions. Guests don't like to wait in super long lines. Guests don't spend money during the time that they are waiting in super long lines. Reducing the amount of time that guests physically wait in these lines improves guest satisfaction and corporate profits. Clearly, a 'solution' is justified.

stevehousse

There are super long lines at these attractions. Guests don't like to wait in super long lines. Guests don't spend money during the time that they are waiting in super long lines. Reducing the amount of time that guests physically wait in these lines improves guest satisfaction and corporate profits. Clearly, a 'solution' is justified.
I just don't see how turning guests away and telling then they can't experience a popular attraction equates to guest satisfaction?!?

natatomic

The big deal is if there is no way that a person would be able to get to the front of the line before the park day ends, then they shouldn't be allowed to get in the line. That's not a new concept. They've been doing m&gs this way for quite some time.

That might be your opinion, but that's not how 95% of attractions operate. The only two attractions I can think of who cut the line early are Kilimanjaro Safaris (the animals have to go to their cages, so I can understand not being able to remain open past a certain time in that instance) and currently Gringotts, but I'm sure that will stop once the hype dies down to more manageable levels. Any other ride on a day to day basis operates with the understanding that if the park closes at X o'clock, and you are in the line by X o'clock, you will get to ride.

dadddio

I just don't see how turning guests away and telling then they can't experience a popular attraction equates to guest satisfaction?!?
I'm sorry. I thought that I was clear enough in my post. Let me try again:

People who wait for hours in line aren't happy about doing so.

I hope that helped.

Is there some mechanism to prevent abuse? Like, can I have a FP+ for Soarin, get a paper return time for Soarin for me and Mrs. Danv3, and send Mrs. Danv3 to get another paper return time for Soarin? That would allow us three rides on Soarin with a presumably minimal wait.

Throw in a guest who has access to a DAS card and you will definitely have abuse. I can just see them now hiding their DAS card that is hanging from their neck asking for a FP-.

ninjaprincesst

Throw in a guest who has access to a DAS card and you will definitely have abuse. I can just see them now hiding their DAS card that is hanging from their neck asking for a FP-.
Yeah, and how easy is it for someone to hang on to one of those cards and hear for the copier and cardstock, and print as many of them as they want, Im sure people can alter the dates on them like they did with the paper fastpass, and I have family who are employees that said they were not allowed to say anything even if they suspected that the paper fastpass was fake or altered.

natatomic

Yeah, and how easy is it for someone to hang on to one of those cards and hear for the copier and cardstock, and print as many of them as they want, Im sure people can alter the dates on them like they did with the paper fastpass, and I have family who are employees that said they were not allowed to say anything even if they suspected that the paper fastpass was fake or altered.

That's not true. I collected fake and/or expired fastpasses all the time and never granted them access. Well, "all the time" being as often as I saw them, which wasn't TERRIBLY often. I caught fake and/or expired GACs waaaaay more often. I collected those all the time, too. But only for the SUPER obvious ones there to avoid accusations of discrimination. But the GACs without a backing, made of the wrong card stock, permanent marker written over pen handwriting, 12 teenage boys using a GAC that said it was for Myrtle Smith, etc. Those were alllll mine.

cw1982

Those people can return after seven and hop on into the SB line.

Where did you see that guests will definitely be allowed to return to the standby queue after seven? All I've seen is that Disney chose to open the queue back up because too many people were upset, and that this caused an even bigger nightmare for everyone involved. I haven't seen anything that says that the plan was to revert back to SB queue at a specific time each day.

ninjaprincesst

That's not true. I collected fake and/or expired fastpasses all the time and never granted them access. Well, "all the time" being as often as I saw them, which wasn't TERRIBLY often. I caught fake and/or expired GACs waaaaay more often. I collected those all the time, too. But only for the SUPER obvious ones there to avoid accusations of discrimination. But the GACs without a backing, made of the wrong card stock, permanent marker written over pen handwriting, 12 teenage boys using a GAC that said it was for Myrtle Smith, etc. Those were alllll mine.
Actually yes it is a friend of my cousin got in a lot of trouble and written up for questioning paper fastpasses that were not even on the same type of paper after the guest complained, he was told not to question them just take them. I personally watched a family in front of us go on peter pan with fastpasses that were over a year old, I just kn ew they would get busted, nope, they walked right on, and these new card things are gonna be way too easy to just coppy and print. I would never do it but there are always those that will. I'm glad you did not get in trouble for doing the right thing though.

Last edited:

dadddio

Actually yes it is a friend of my cousin got in a lot of trouble and written up for questioning paper fastpasses that were not even on the same type of paper after the guest complained, he was told not to question them just take them. I personally watched a family in front of us go on peter pan with fastpasses that were over a year old, I just kn ew they would get busted, nope, they walked right on, and these new card things are gonna be way too easy to just coppy and print.
why do you believe that if this test is successful that they be using paper return cards?

cw1982

why do you believe that if this test is successful that they be using paper return cards?

Where do you see any indication that they would do otherwise? It's not like these are passes that would be letting people into the FP queues, so using the magic bands wouldn't work very well for now... unless they added more Mickey readers, which hasn't happened yet.

dadddio

Where do you see any indication that they would do otherwise? It's not like these are passes that would be letting people into the FP queues, so using the magic bands wouldn't work very well for now... unless they added more Mickey readers, which hasn't happened yet.
Why couldn't they simply roll it into the current FP+ process? All they would have to do is release a bunch of same day, in park FP+s and perhaps close the SB line at say 60 minutes.

cw1982

Why couldn't they simply roll it into the current FP+ process? All they would have to do is release a bunch of same day, in park FP+s and perhaps close the SB line at say 60 minutes.

Perhaps they could. But my question to you was what evidence do you have that this is their plan? After all, if that's the case, they could have easily done that instead of fooling with paper passes to begin with. I would think that would have been a more accurate test if the ultimate goal was to make those part of FP+. Since they chose not to do it that way for the test, I don't buy that this becoming part of FP+ is a safe assumption.

ninjaprincesst

I would think this is their new method now since they have been using it for the jack sparrow thing and the frozen show for a while now, of course the jack sparrow thing is just bad copies on paper.

asianway

Actually yes it is a friend of my cousin got in a lot of trouble and written up for questioning paper fastpasses that were not even on the same type of paper after the guest complained, he was told not to question them just take them. I personally watched a family in front of us go on peter pan with fastpasses that were over a year old, I just kn ew they would get busted, nope, they walked right on, and these new card things are gonna be way too easy to just coppy and print. I would never do it but there are always those that will. I'm glad you did not get in trouble for doing the right thing though.
Tagging @PhotoDave219 cuz i know he loves posts like this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom