Back Pack as Diaper Bag

PrittiPiglet

Original Poster
For our next trip in September, I do not want to bring my diaper bag as it only has a magnetic snap closure and does not stay closed very well, especially if you have more than a few items in it.
I would like to use a different bag or maybe preferably a back pack to serve as my diaper bag during the trip, but after weeks of searching online, I am coming up not finding anything that looks functional for what I want (zipper closure for sure).
My current diaper bag is by Skip Hop and has the wonderful stroller straps/clips built into it and would although I would love something like this on my makeshift diaper bag for Disney, I know that is probably not happening.
Can anyone recommend a great bag with zipper closure (not expensive) that I can use for not just baby items, but also to hold small purchases at the parks and take quickly/easily from stroller onto rides? Is this too much to ask for? :confused:

dadddio

There's a number of really good backpack diaper bags out there. The fisher price one looks like a winner. That being said, I didn't care for the baby bag/backpack that we bought years ago. I ended up prefering to use a tactical shoulder bag that I picked up on ebay. With lots of pockets all secured by clunky zippers or big clips, it worked great.

We use a small north face back pack that I purchased at Dick's for $25 for both my boys (3.5 yrs old and 11 months). I can fit diapers, wipes, change of clothes, food, 2 bottles in 2 side pockets, etc. I then have 2 carabiners to clip it to the handle of my stroller. When we go on rides we simply unclip it and wear it as a back pack. The only thing that we sometimes have to squeeze in is our canon camera.

sissa216

We use a small north face back pack that I purchased at Dick's for $25 for both my boys (3.5 yrs old and 11 months). I can fit diapers, wipes, change of clothes, food, 2 bottles in 2 side pockets, etc. I then have 2 carabiners to clip it to the handle of my stroller. When we go on rides we simply unclip it and wear it as a back pack. The only thing that we sometimes have to squeeze in is our canon camera.

We do the same! The clips is a great idea. We have attached a backpack to a stroller before, but security was picky about it (even though I had it loose enough that I could lift it up onto the security table). Some refused to check it at all if it was still attached to the stroller.

yaksplat

Make sure that the backpack breathes against your back or else you're going to be a sweaty mess. I've made a few trips wearing a swiss army backpack and it worked out well.

Kristamouse

We use a Swiss Army BackPack as well, its from target. Last trip we only had 4 kids but even with our new baby there will still be plenty of room for baby items. I love my Pertunia Pickle Bottom bags and accessories and generally only want stylish diaperbags but in WDW a back pack iS the easiest way to go. We even pack a 31 lunch bag cooler with water bottles, snacks (not too many as we love Disney Food), sunscreen, few band aids/moleskin/meds like Tums, Advil/comb and hair ties/few make up items/diaper changing kit/ one extra tee and one extra onsie/camera and phones. Most thing fit into a quart size ziplock bag. Hoodies are in the bottom back larger section with the 31 cooler bag. The camera/phone/changing kit and ziplock are in the other front large pocket. The out side smaller pockets catch things like sunglasses' pacifers, gauze blankets, few baby toys. We use the Mommy Clip large carabeaner to hold it on the stroller.

sweetpee_1993

We used to use a backpack as our diaper bag waaaaaay back in the day. 15years or so ago? I hated diaper bags. They all looked goofy as all heck back then and I was still fairly young. I wouldn't be caught dead with those things. So we always used backpacks. They were gender neutral because I had boys and my hubby would carry it sometimes, too. When going somewhere with the stroller we'd hook the shoulder straps over the umbrella stroller handles making it a backpack to the stroller. Worked great. Then again, I never had a double stroller even when I had 2 kids in diapers. Our car was too little and even when folded the doubles were too big to fit in the trunk. I rarely went anywhere with both boys by myself anyway. If I had to, I had 2 umbrella strollers and the clips that held them together side by side. ;)

EOD K9

Use an expensive back pack for diapers? Why not just wait till the kids can go potty? The rest of us will thank you!
I already had the expensive back pack for work, now it's converted. And I see no problem in bringing non potty trained children to the world. As long as they are entertained when they are there, seeing the smiles on their faces is wonderful. We will go enough with them that they will eventually make their own memories.

BobConnor

I could care less if people take non potty trained kids to WDW. How in the world does that disrupt your trip?

Because you put the poopy cloth diapers back in the pack and we smell them waiting in line? Or do you dispose of poopy Pampers everywhere and thanks for destroying the environment with them. Besides, why does it take that long to potty train kids these days? Back in the 50s when Disneyland opened it didn't take long at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom