Possible Twister Overlay...

Disneyhead'71

warning__sharks_with_lasers_by_aliensquid-d7atoy7.png

Seriously though, I just wish they would turn it into a Broadway style theater and put in shortened version of some of Universal's Broadway properties such as Wicked.

mahnamahna101

I always thought USF could turn some of the park's rides to horror theming.

Simpsons becomes Treehouse of Horror.

Despicable Me turns into a haunted house.

Twister becomes a horror/B movie shooting gone horribly wrong (scare actors, etc)

Shrek and Lucy get removed for a year round Monsters family dark ride

Beetlejuice gets a special Halloween edition.

Disaster becomes the Terror Tram like it used to be (theme it to a classic horror every year - Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Alien, The Thing, Hannibal, Psycho, The Birds, It, The Shining, etc)

Diagon stays the same, but a simulated Death Eater/Dementor attack every 10 minutes. And a special scare zone in Knockturn Alley (you get "trapped" in by scare actors briefly if you aren't careful - might be crazy and lawsuit friendly but it would be scary)

Bill and Ted stays the same

MIB gets themed to a hostile alien invasion (vicious aliens, a few blackouts, more fog, jump scares, spinning, etc) but mostly stays the same

Springfield is mainly a light hearted creepy carnival with Halloween decorations primarily.

Animal Actors hosts something like Goosebumps or Are You Afraid of the Dark? - maybe even Casper or Scooby Doo? Something more playfully spooky than terrifying.

Barney could host another Halloween show? Coralline maybe?

E.T. stays the same

Rest of KidZone is a ?..

Horror Makeup and T2 could be open for HHN as is.

And instead of multiple houses (5-6), Uni Creative could focus their efforts on one terrifying, large, immersive haunted house that is consistently stellar.

Scare zones could be the same. I know my idea would require closing a lot of rides down for theming, but a lot of them could be done over a weekend (Simpsons, Beetlejuice, MIB, Despicable Me) since you'd just have to make minor changes. Terror Tram, Twister and the two new shows would be difficult since they'd almost be from scratch

Just a crazy idea that might open up expansion space for both parks since less soundstages would be used if they focused on making one amazing haunted house a year rather than 5-6 ok to decent ones. Plus, the rides are pretty high capacity and you could have the overlays run during the day too

JT3000

I always thought USF could turn some of the park's rides to horror theming.

Simpsons becomes Treehouse of Horror.

I'm not certain how accurate this is, but I've heard from several people that someone at Fox actually pitched this idea to Universal already, possibly as a HHN overlay for the ride, but they shot it down.

They've already given Kongfrontation, Jaws, E.T. & Earthquake similar overlays, but that was many years ago. They don't seem too keen on the haunted ride concept these days.

Last edited:

mahnamahna101

I'm not certain how accurate this is, but I've heard from several people that someone at Fox actually pitched this idea to Universal already, possibly as a HHN layover for the ride, but they shot it down.

They've already given Kongfrontation, Jaws, E.T. & Earthquake similar layovers, but that was many years ago. They don't seem too keen on the haunted ride concept these days.
Sad since it would actually boost revenue/PR since you could run the non scary Halloween themed attractions during the day, along with at night. And you could convert a few attractions a weekend during September.

Plus it would provide enough Halloween entertainment that 5-6 haunted houses wouldn't be necessary and those otherwise empty year round soundstages could be used for expansion. One big house that Uni Creative goes all out on would be better than a bunch of average ones.

Of course, they might not want the downtime to convert the attractions

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom