Boardwalk vs Yacht & Beach Club

jmargarone27

I'm at the Boardwalk now and I love it! Have stayed at Yacht and Beach as well (in both hotels) and I think Yacht is great for older families and couples and the Beach Club is for young family oriented. I am on the 3rd floor on the right of the elevators and my room is renovated so that was also a huge plus!

CheshireCat12

Many people think that Stormalong Bay (the pool at Yacht/Beach) is the best pool on property. The pool at Boardwalk has a clown slide- the slide looks great but if you don't like clowns, you may be a bit unhappy with it.
All of them have great location. As far as rooms, I like the look of the YC best but you have to look at pics and decide for yourself what is most appealing.
Restaurants- Yacht Club has the Yachtsman steakhouse which is highly rated, Beach club has the Cape May buffet (breakfast and seafood-dinner) and Beaches and Cream (the kitchen sink sundae feeds an army). On the boardwalk there are a number of restaurants like ESPN club and Flying Fish, which also gets good reviews.
Personally I think you can't go wrong with any of these resorts!

Mr. Toad

I have stayed at the Boardwalk (DVC) once and the Beach Club (DVC and regular rooms) on multiple trips. I prefer the Beach Club but it is really just a personal preference. I would also suggest looking for hotel/room photos and seeing which decor looks the most appealing to you.

As far as restaurants go, I think they are all close enough to each other (and the Dolphin and Swan) that it doesn't really matter which you stay at. And if you have an AP or Park Hopper you can always take a quick trip to EPCOT's International Gateway and have access to even more restaurants.

pcarathers

We are looking at staying in the BWV in February 2015. I know that they share buses with the swan, dolphin and yacht and beach club...any idea on what order they are picked up at the resort? I know we can take the boats or walk to Epcot and DHS, but just wondering for MK and AK. My dad is 72 and uses a wheelchair. Want to make sure that every bus isnt packed by the time it gets to the BWV.

HouCuseChickie

Stayed at YC a few years ago and were not impressed. Considered BC, but went for YC because you have really low odds of getting a full balcony/patio at BC (important to us). Stormalong Bay beats out Luna Park, but the clown slide - IMO- wasn't nearly as creepy in person. Ultimately, I preferred the décor of BW and just loved sitting in the common areas and relaxing.

worldfanatic

While overall I prefer the Boardwalk, a lot of it depends if you're staying on the Inn or Villa side.
The Villas are IMO much preferred do to their proximity to the main pool and generally better balcony views.

Most people feel the opposite about the Beach Club, where the hotel side seems to have the advantage.

Chris1031

Our family (2 adults, 1 teen, 1 preteen) stayed at the Beach Club last summer. Loved it, and my family is insisting we go back there next year on our trip. It was the closest walk to Epcot. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the yacht and beach share a gift shop, which is also the place where you can fill your mugs with soda/coffee, etc. (if you have resort mugs). This is located on the bottom floor of the Beach Club (I don't think Yacht has a station for filling these mugs). We had this decision last year and Beach Club won out for us! We have toured Boardwalk and that looks nice too. Staying there would be handy if you choose to walk over to Hollywood Studios a lot as it is the most near Hollywood....but, we walked over from Beach Club quite a few times.

slappy magoo

Boardwalk is the nicer resort Yacht & Beach clubs have the better pool. But as has been written they are all so close to each other (and to Swan and Dolphin) you can walk to and from at any of them within a 10 minute leisurely stroll, so resort hopping or meal reservations should not be a hassle.

GrammieBee

If it matters to you, in the evenings the Boardwalk side of the lake is much livelier with the boardwalk/carnival vive, while the Yacht Club and Beach Club side of the lake is quiet and peaceful. You can sit by the beach/ pool area and look across the lake at the bright lights of the boardwalk.

The Yacht Club is the most sedate and formal of the three, the Beach Club is livlier with more children,(think of a beach cottage) while the Boardwalk Inn gives the feeling of the grand original seaside hotels of the East Coast boardwalks.

The rooms are quite similar,but the decor will reflect the atmosphere of each resort. The restaurants also fit in with the theme of each resort. There is actually no restaurant in the Boardwalk Inn,they are all on the boardwalk. The Inn, while it is our favorite, could use better options for breakfast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom