Moving to Orlando!

disney4life2008

Although crime is reasonably low in Orlando, you might want to just find somewhere reasonable and not worry too too much about safety. Zip codes to avoid?

and most of 32801

I'd look into 32837, 32824, and 32819. Not far from Disney and in relatively safe areas of Orange County.

I am confused - excluding 32801 - the first 4 zip codes you listed have higher African American populations whereas 32801 has a mix. What makes these unsafe? And the ones you suggest have higher white populations than anything. What gives?

71jason

Thanks for the suggestions. I was told about the Davenport area before but all my searches hadn't returned much for that area. I'll dig deeper.

Keep in mind when I say "Davenport"/"Clermont," most of the CM-heavy housing is technically in those cities, but generally goes by a different name. For example, Cagan Crossing is technically in Clermont, but 20 minutes south of downtown Clermont. Similarly, you'll see things like Champions Gate or Ovation when they really mean Davenport. "Four Corners" is probably the most generic, searchable term for the entire area.

disney4life2008

Proximity to South OBT, generally. The drug, dingy strip club and prostitution capital of central Florida. Hank Williams Jr. wrote a song about it even when WDW was still in its infancy.

I guess things like this does not scare me even to live in the area. But I did grow up on the southeast side - enough said, lol

kasi22

I would look at Altamonte Springs area, which is north of the city of Orlando and its my favorite place in Orlando and also make plan for the visit again and i suggest to you that Stay away from O.B.T....

FutureCEO

all 3 and add the fact I really don't have experience in anything except fast food and cost though Florida is cheaper than up here.

Last edited:

Seanual757

You may want to look at 34761 (Ocoee/ Winter Garden area) a strait shot down the 429 to Western Way right into Disney or Seidel Rd to the Employee parking lot.

I live in Ocoee and it takes us about 20-25 min down the 429 to Western Way and I am on the north side of Ocoee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom