Fastpass+ at park gate

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
So we're going to EPCOT August the 7th and I have no idea how the new system works.

We're going to buy our tickets at the park gate when we get there. How do we get our fastpass+? Do we get one of those "magic bands"?

IWantMyMagicBand

You need to find Doc Brown and flux-capacitor yourself back to June 6th where you will buy your ticket, link them to MDE and FP+. Paying at the gate? I sense you have a lot of money and like to miss the big attractions......

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
You need to find Doc Brown and flux-capacitor yourself back to June 6th where you will buy your ticket, link them to MDE and FP+. Paying at the gate? I sense you have a lot of money and like to miss the big attractions......

.....what?

Haha we've always paid at the gate. Don't know why. We're just going to EPCOT for one day, DD the next and leaving on a royal caribbean cruise on the 9th.

So I'm guessing you can't get fastpass+ at the park gate?

IWantMyMagicBand

.....what?

Haha we've always paid at the gate. Don't know why. We're just going to EPCOT for one day, DD the next and leaving on a royal caribbean cruise on the 9th.

So I'm guessing you can't get fastpass+ at the park gate?
Well, yes technically you can, if you don't want anything like A&E for instance.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
You've read the Soarin thread presumably?

Oh yes. This being the main reason why I'm asking.

Although I care more about TT than missing Soarin' still. Been on it a number of times it's just eh. The new TT looks just eh but I haven't experienced it yet. So I'd rather check it out. I'll just get to Soarin before 1 or something :p

Tom

Beta Return
If you'd like a response that isn't smartass....

Your options are going to be limited. Fortunately, you'll be visiting Epcot on a relatively low attendance day, but you may have trouble getting FP+ for the headliners.

But once you buy your tickets, enter the park and head straight to a FP+ kiosk location. Your tickets will have the RFID chips in them, so you won't need Magic Bands. Be sure to have your My Disney Experience accounts setup in advance, so you can link your tickets to them using your smart phones...then go to the kiosk. Or, they can probably do all that for you at the kiosks....I'm not sure.

Clamman73

Your options are going to be limited. Fortunately, you'll be visiting Epcot on a relatively low attendance day, but you may have trouble getting FP+ for the headliners.

But once you buy your tickets, enter the park and head straight to a FP+ kiosk location. Your tickets will have the RFID chips in them, so you won't need Magic Bands. Be sure to have your My Disney Experience accounts setup in advance, so you can link your tickets to them using your smart phones...then go to the kiosk. Or, they can probably do all that for you at the kiosks....I'm not sure.
I wonder...can you buy a one-day ticket at Epcot that morning, go to the kiosk at guest relations to make the fastpass choices, and then enter through the gate?

Or is that kiosk still inside the gate? Or do you have to enter a gate first with a same day ticket in order for it to be used at a kiosk?

IWantMyMagicBand

Sorry! It's 1a.m here and I've partaken in a few vinos at the pub........

WondersOfLife

Original Poster

Thanks that helped a lot! :)

Sorry! It's 1a.m here and I've partaken in a few vinos at the pub........

I honestly found your posts a bit amusing. :p

Tom

Beta Return
I wonder...can you buy a one-day ticket at Epcot that morning, go to the kiosk at guest relations to make the fastpass choices, and then enter through the gate?

Or is that kiosk still inside the gate? Or do you have to enter a gate first with a same day ticket in order for it to be used at a kiosk?

You have to be inside a park to access a FP+ kiosk. And the tickets being used must have gone through the turnstile, thus activating them.

Rob562

Alternately, go onto the WDW website right now, set up your profiles, purchase your tickets and choose to pick them up at Will Call. During the checkout process you'll be able to link the tickets to your MDE profiles and will have access to making FP+ choices almost immediately after the transaction is complete.

Otherwise, if you insist on waiting to purchase until you arrive, download the MDE app on your phone and set up your profiles. Once you have the tickets in your hand you can scan them to link them to your MDE profiles and get instant access to FP+ on your phone.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom