Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadddio

This is certainly understandable. However, I do not see how a saturated princess and Disney Store products market is necessary in every shop. If you did not buy the Mickey bag/chip clips in the Emporium, Mouse Gear or Beach Club Marketplace, then why are you going to buy them in Norway?
Because that's the shop that you wandered into? Because you changed your mind and now you want them? Because your kid didn't notice them in the other shop?

Bocabear

That's some lazy marketing plan....
Shopping at Disney World used to be fun...it was almost a quest.
now it is all about repetition of the same crap different shop... and I don't believe people want that... I thin it is just easier and cheaper to roll out a stock of 200 different items from China to stock in every one of your shops VS 3000 different items to stock in location specific shops...
I think they do it because it is easiest and when questioned about it they can say that guests want it that way...
which I dont think is honest.

SpaceMountain77

Because that's the shop that you wandered into? Because you changed your mind and now you want them? Because your kid didn't notice them in the other shop?

Maybe so, but having a Cadillac Buick GMC dealership on one corner does not necessitate another Cadillac Buick GMC dealership directly across the street.

Within Epcot, Mouse Gear seems perfectly fine for offering an array of Disney Parks products.

SpaceMountain77

That's some lazy marketing plan....
Shopping at Disney World used to be fun...it was almost a quest.
now it is all about repetition of the same crap different shop... and I don't believe people want that... I thin it is just easier and cheaper to roll out a stock of 200 different items from China to stock in every one of your shops VS 3000 different items to stock in location specific shops...
I think they do it because it is easiest and when questioned about it they can say that guests want it that way...
which I dont think is honest.

Agreed. I think it is much easier to stock the same products throughout than find diverse offerings for each pavilion.

Personally, I am truly grateful for Mitsukoshi's presence in Japan.

dadddio

that store is the ultimate, I just wish I could afford it lol but its def fun shopping in there.
There you go. That store is awesome, but you don't buy their stuff. Similarly, the store in Norway has great things, but if people aren't buying them with great frequency, it makes no sense to have these items take up a great deal of floor space.

willtravel

I cannot imagine what Maelstrom would be like if they added any elements of the Frozen movie to it. When I see the wait times for TT and Soarin..... Well, I just hope it doesn't happen, for sanity sake............

Mike730

There you go. That store is awesome, but you don't buy their stuff. Similarly, the store in Norway has great things, but if people aren't buying them with great frequency, it makes no sense to have these items take up a great deal of floor space.

It makes no sense to defend a multibillion dollar company that cuts its unique offerings to try to make more money.

That makes no sense.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I cannot imagine what Maelstrom would be like if they added any elements of the Frozen movie to it. When I see the wait times for TT and Soarin..... Well, I just hope it doesn't happen, for sanity sake............

If nothing else, it might help reduce the Soarin wait times.

lazyboy97o

I can deal with Frozen in Maelstrom. I can deal with Frozen in Akershus. I’ll even deal with a takeover of a portion of the stores. But, changing the entire pavilion to Arendelle? If that happens, I’ll seriously be reconsidering how much time I spend in Epcot.
The aesthetic of Arendelle is drawn directly from the aesthetic of Norway, so there are really very few aesthetic changes necessary. Is a Norway Pavilion that is only 40% - 20% about Norway really a Norway Pavilion, even if the name stays? It does not matter if the map doesn't change, there s

lazyboy97o

I can deal with Frozen in Maelstrom. I can deal with Frozen in Akershus. I’ll even deal with a takeover of a portion of the stores. But, changing the entire pavilion to Arendelle? If that happens, I’ll seriously be reconsidering how much time I spend in Epcot.
The aesthetic of Arendelle is drawn directly from the aesthetic of Norway, so there are really very few aesthetic changes necessary. Is a Norway Pavilion that is only 40% - 20% about Norway really a Norway Pavilion, even if the name stays? It does not matter if the map or the buildings do not change of the heart and content have changed.

aladdin2007

I'm mostly worried about the ride audio/narration, the mural in the queue, the depiction of the trolls, and really curious as to what they would do with the oil rig at the end.

I think the mural would go byebye,,and why do I worry the oil rig would have a big black curtain hugging it. surely not right I mean Disney would never do something like that...oh wait....

dadddio

It makes no sense to defend a multibillion dollar company that cuts its unique offerings to try to make more money.

That makes no sense.
What doesn't make sense is the argument that they should give tons of floor space in a shop if those items are not selling well. That isn't good for the company and it isn't good for the customers.

dadddio

The aesthetic of Arendelle is drawn directly from the aesthetic of Norway, so there are really very few aesthetic changes necessary. Is a Norway Pavilion that is only 40% - 20% about Norway really a Norway Pavilion, even if the name stays? It does not matter if the map or the buildings do not change of the heart and content have changed.
So now your arguing the Frozen shouldn't be in Norway because it is too good of a match to that country.

You guys need to make up your minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom