Eat to the Beat Concerts

CtDisneyGuy33

Original Poster
Hello all-

Ive never sat through the full concerts at Epcot during the Eat to the Beat schedule, but seeing we will be there for one of the classics (Rick Springfield), I kind of want to see it.

Does anyone know if after the show the singers hang around? Can you get a pic or are they disappear right after?

Any insight would be great

Thanks

CaptainShortty

Hello all-

Ive never sat through the full concerts at Epcot during the Eat to the Beat schedule, but seeing we will be there for one of the classics (Rick Springfield), I kind of want to see it.

Does anyone know if after the show the singers hang around? Can you get a pic or are they disappear right after?

Any insight would be great

Thanks

I've seen many of the ETTB concerts and I've never seen any of them stay to take pictures with after their shows. Some performers bring people up on stage (I know Smash Mouth has done it before) and will sometimes take pictures with those people, shake a few hands before they disappear. It's not to say they won't but I wouldn't be expecting it.

Phonedave

I have never seen any stay to take pictures in a meet and greet, but some are more "interactive" than others. Sugar Ray was all over the place, they had people on stage, they were in the audience standing the benches and singing, and very acessable. People were taking a lot of pictures.

So, no, no "character meets" but given it is a smaller venue, there is a mcuh greater chance for interaction.

-dave

CtDisneyGuy33

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses. We will certainly try to get up close then. Ive seen some of the shows on Youtube and they looked great- hopefully we can see one or two of those..

Longers

We were there once "can't remember who it was" and an announcement was made saying no photos (don't really know how they can police that properly) so I guess it depends who is on and what criteria they want to work to!

EnchantedRose

Do you need a "ticket" for the Eat To The Beat? We've been in Disney before but never tried to go. This year i want to try to catch Sugar Ray!! Do you just line up before the concert?

CtDisneyGuy33

Original Poster
Do you need a "ticket" for the Eat To The Beat? We've been in Disney before but never tried to go. This year i want to try to catch Sugar Ray!! Do you just line up before the concert?

The concert is free and I remember people lining up quite early to get a good spot. Ive been there but in the back and never for the full concert. Thats why I was hoping there might be a chance to meet the band, but a free show is fine as well.

I did hear that if you had a Disney Visa and went into the Visa Lounge there that you may be able to get special seating passes, but I am unsure if thats true or not.

Phonedave

We were there once "can't remember who it was" and an announcement was made saying no photos (don't really know how they can police that properly) so I guess it depends who is on and what criteria they want to work to!

That is all the time.

In fact I think they say, no VIDEO, not no PICTURES (I could be wrong on this).

People take pictures anyway. Here is one from Sugar Ray - just try and count the number of cameras in that picture (that I took, with my camera)

232323232%7Ffp63393%3Enu%3D6898%3E%3A6%3B%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3C9898779348nu0mrj

Phonedave

They are free.

You don't even really line up, just go and sit down in the theater. Seats do fill up early though.

-dave

DizPunk

JUST heard that Rick Springfield has been replaced by The Commodores. I am attempting to do more research after I pick up my chair I just threw across the room.

worldfanatic

I
JUST heard that Rick Springfield has been replaced by The Commodores. I am attempting to do more research after I pick up my chair I just threw across the room.

I had noticed Springfield is off the official ETTB concert list.
That blows!
Commodores do nothing for me.
I guess it'll be Christopher Cross only for me this trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom