help me choose cbr or po

which resort??

• CBR

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • P O

Votes: 44 83.0%

• Total voters
I have stayed at both resorts several times and from my past experience, PO runs circles around CBR. If the pool is a priority, I would have to say that CBR has a more "kid-friendly" pool. However, POFQ has a wonderful pool for kids; it was my favorite as a child. If you are staying at Riverside, you can walk right over. Also, PO, especially riverside, is usually less busy and more quiet. One downfall to CBR is many of my friends and I have had problems with mold in many of the rooms. Several of us have been ill during our stay because of this. I have been told that they are redoing many of the rooms, but just a heads up.

Scott10

Riverside Alligator Bayou section with the pull down bed was a hit with our kids! The pool is good, but as has been mentioned, it is an option to walk over to French Qtr. to use their pool as well. We love the food court at Riverside as well.

PrincessChristina

Definitely one of the Port Orleans over CBR. PO Riverside is larger and more family friendly, while PO French Quarter is much smaller and quieter. Both are great in their own ways depending on what you want! :)

gooftroop5

Another PO vote here! Such a beautiful resort. My son had just turned 2 the last time we went and he loved the kiddie pool. It is JUST a pool, but like others have said he just loved being in the water. We had a royal room at Riverside and it was super close to everything. The food court is amazing with many options instead the same old nuggets and burgers. The laundry facility is at the quiet pools (which one was also very close to where we were) so I could do laundry and swim with the family at the same time.

Ali Mouse

I stayed at POR last September. It was our first time to stay at a moderate. All other times were at pop century. Although I loved the resort, the alligator bayou rooms, boatwrights, and the pool-it was the worst time that we had with transportation to and from the parks. THE WORST!
At pop century we never waited longer than 5 minutes and never had to stand.
Is this the case at POR all the time?
We almost want to spend the extra money next September to stay at the cabins at fort wilderness- If it's any better there! Or drive our own vehicle to the parks. (Yes it was that bad). The parks were wonderful and not busy at all! But I swear at the end of the night every other resort bus line had nobody in it and POR was a mile long.
We can't stay at CBR with a family of 5. My sister in law stayed there last May - she loved it but I can't compare the 2.

Weather_Lady

I'd choose PO every time, if only for the queen beds. I couldn't cram my linebacker-sized husband into anything smaller, and CBR is the only moderate that hasn't converted from double to queen-size beds yet.

stevehousse

CBR is currently being refurbished as we speak. They are updating the rooms, adding Queen beds, and adding the trundle style beds as well! So families of 5 can stay there now! I don't think they have it advertised yet because it's only just begun and I believe only 1 "island" has been completed so far...I would call to see if u could book it! I'm hoping for a refurbed room in Nov when I stay there...

There are also photos online you can search for...kind of scarce though at the moment...

Ali Mouse

CBR is currently being refurbished as we speak. They are updating the rooms, adding Queen beds, and adding the trundle style beds as well! So families of 5 can stay there now! I don't think they have it advertised yet because it's only just begun and I believe only 1 "island" has been completed so far...I would call to see if u could book it! I'm hoping for a refurbed room in Nov when I stay there...

There are also photos online you can search for...kind of scarce though at the moment...
Thanks for the info! I'm gonna look into it:)

Ali Mouse

Woohoo- Spring 2015 thank you for that info- now I have more options!
!
image.jpg

ToTBellHop

People hve already started staying in the renovated rooms that are finished, they just aren't being advertised yet...I'm sure if u called and tried to book they would let u...
I'm sure they wouldn't. The best you could do is request a renovated room but there are no guarantees until they are all done next year.

slappy magoo

People hve already started staying in the renovated rooms that are finished, they just aren't being advertised yet...I'm sure if u called and tried to book they would let u...

I'm sure they wouldn't. The best you could do is request a renovated room but there are no guarantees until they are all done next year.

Maybe if you booked a room for a family of 5 they might. After all, "prefurb" rooms would only sleep 4 unless one was under the age of 3.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Maybe if you booked a room for a family of 5 they might. After all, "prefurb" rooms would only sleep 4 unless one was under the age of 3.
Best I can tell, they don't offer the option of booking for 5 yet. I wouldn't be surprised if those rooms get their own set of rates since not all rooms will get the bed for the 5th guest. I'm actually surprised they didn't do this in Alligator Bayou.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom