Magical express luggage tags

prfctlyximprct

Last time I visited WDW,my magical express luggage tags came with my information booklet that contains all the vouchers. The tags I'm referring to are the bright yellow ones you attach to your checked luggage so they can pick it up and take it to the right resort.

My trip is in 16 days and I received the trip booklet but no tags.. It says in there that the magical express tags may be sent separately.. Has this occurred for anyone??

I know there's still time but when should I start freaking out? Maybe I will call disney this weekend and see where they are..

Thanks for any help ;)

Rob562

I believe the tags have always come separately from any package-related mailing (the vouchers you referred to), though typically they were mailed at about the same time, 30-40 days beforehand.

That being said, we just got our DME tags and booklet yesterday and we're 93 days away from our trip...

But 16 days is much too close to the trip, you should have it by now (presuming you didn't just book the trip, of course). I would call DME directly (866-599-0951) first thing tomorrow and a) make sure they have your reservation, and b) ask if they can send out another booklet and set of tags.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

The DME tags have always came separately ever since we started using DME years ago. You'll get the DME stuff in an envelope. And the vouchers and actual luggage tags come in its own package before or after. We have never received them together though.

Upvote 0

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Thank you so much for help! I will definitely give them a call this morning and see what's going on. I was getting a little nervous that it was too close to the trip for them not to be here. :)

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

On our last trip to Disney, our luggage tags never didn't arrive so I called. Now I have been to Disney 12 times and I have never had this problem. The problem was with me....I forgot to link my airline tickets with my hotel and park tickets. Once I called, the tags arrived within 2 days. Disney will always make things right....
It's Magical! :cat:

Upvote 0

Nubs70

My wife just spent 2 hours on the phone with the same issue as we are 18 days out. Evidently it is our fault as we did not specifically ask for DME. I do find this curious as we never had to specifically ask each of the last 5 years we have been going. BTW, our yellow tags may or may not make it in time.

Also, our ticket book for our first 2 days at have yet to arrive but our reservations are in the computer.

Upvote 0

mweier

I had the same issue this week. Spoke with CM by phone and found this out:

If you don't have luggage tags by the date of travel, simply get your baggage claim receipt for each checked bag when checking luggage at your departing airport. Bring this with you to the MDE desk when letting them know you've arrived so that they can be sure to get all the correct bags even if they're missing luggage tags.

My guess is that this makes it harder for them to find, but at least there's still a way to have checked bags arrive at your resort even without the baggage tags.

Upvote 0

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
My wife just spent 2 hours on the phone with the same issue as we are 18 days out. Evidently it is our fault as we did not specifically ask for DME. I do find this curious as we never had to specifically ask each of the last 5 years we have been going. BTW, our yellow tags may or may not make it in time.

Also, our ticket book for our first 2 days at have yet to arrive but our reservations are in the computer.

You really don't think you'll get the tags within 18 days?? I hope they get them out soon!! That stinks!

Upvote 0

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
This actually happens QUITE OFTEN. ME is run by Mears, which has it's own computer system. The WDW Computer system Failed Again to transfer the proper info to Mears.

KEEP that ME direct number (866-599-0951), and CALL MEARS if you are UNDER 30 days out. They are GREAT people, and are kind of used to the WDW Computer System failures :).

I am definitely going to save that number in my phone! the man was very helpful. I think I should get the tags with in 16 days?? I don't think it will take that long to process.. We shall see! Hopefully everything is okay for my trip!!

Upvote 0

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster

If you don't have luggage tags by the date of travel, simply get your baggage claim receipt for each checked bag when checking luggage at your departing airport. Bring this with you to the MDE desk when letting them know you've arrived so that they can be sure to get all the correct bags even if they're missing luggage tags.

My guess is that this makes it harder for them to find, but at least there's still a way to have checked bags arrive at your resort even without the baggage tags.
Wow that is some pretty interesting information! I will definitely keep that in mind if I do not get my tags in time. Hopefully they will come within the next 16 days though... Ill cross my fingers :)

Upvote 0

WDW-LUVR

Had similar problems last disney sent my package to my former address which my new address was 2 years old, and our previous trip the package was sent to new new one. And our DME well I don't quite remember what happened with them but but I called my TA and she took care of every thing for me.

Upvote 0

mweier

I bought package thru wdw site this time and last. Last time we didn't take MDE but they sent tags, this time we will take MDE but tags never arrived

Upvote 0

starkiller

This happened to me in March, the tags never showed up just went to the counter with my baggage claim ticket at the desk they took down the number, and my bag showed up with no issue. I was concerned, but I imagine once the bag is taken off the belt by the airline, someone or an email goes over to the airline, they pull the bag and give it to the DME people. Depending on how busy the airport might be, it might add an hour you receiving your bag(s).

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

If it has a yellow tag they can pull it out of the luggage system before they stick it on the conveyer belts and route it directly to your resort. Without the yellow tag it will get handled just like any other piece of luggage, go on the conveyor belt, and then when you don't pick it up, go to the airlines unclaimed luggage area. Then at that point when they enter it into their system, DME has either already provided them with the number you gave DME and it gets flagged, or DME sends the number over later and they can identify it that way. At which point DME will manually collect it and route it to your hotel.

You really don't think you'll get the tags within 18 days?? I hope they get them out soon!! That stinks!

I've found that DME is usually pretty good about trying to get them out to you. I even had them overnight the tags one year when it didn't get through, and that was about 20 days out. Simply as a CYA, they will almost always tell you that they may not make it. Just like Disney Dining tells you to allow for 1 1/2 hours transit time for any dining reservation when it rarely takes that long.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom