Idea for a Mary Poppins Attraction

steampunkwillie

Original Poster
I had this idea for a Mary Poppins Attraction for EPCOT. I don't know if there's room for it, or if it's even feesible, but I figured I'd lay it out and let you guys shoot holes in it (or improve upon it).

The facade would look like a large carousel. Here, people would board carousel horses from a moving platform moving at the same speed as the horses.

As the horse rounded a corner it would spin off into a dark ride building where each horse would be matched with an xbox kinect that would put you and your horse in scenes from Mary Poppins, specifically The animated horse scenes with Mary and Burt... Uncle Albert's... The Feed The Birds Segment... The Chimney Sweeps and Finally Flying A Kite before rejoining the carousel and exiting the ride.

Each scene could be created using existing footage with digital layers allowing you to interact by smearing paint in the animated scenes, popping bubbles at uncle Albert's, feeding birds or putting your arms out and having them land on you, waving away smoke and wiping soot off your face in the rooftops, and flying a kite.

I feel that it could be done inexpensively since it's mostly screens and existing technology with maybe two great Burt and Mary AAs.

Any thoughts?

Sam Magic

I had this idea for a Mary Poppins Attraction for EPCOT. I don't know if there's room for it, or if it's even feesible, but I figured I'd lay it out and let you guys shoot holes in it (or improve upon it).

The facade would look like a large carousel. Here, people would board carousel horses from a moving platform moving at the same speed as the horses.

As the horse rounded a corner it would spin off into a dark ride building where each horse would be matched with an xbox kinect that would put you and your horse in scenes from Mary Poppins, specifically The animated horse scenes with Mary and Burt... Uncle Albert's... The Feed The Birds Segment... The Chimney Sweeps and Finally Flying A Kite before rejoining the carousel and exiting the ride.

Each scene could be created using existing footage with digital layers allowing you to interact by smearing paint in the animated scenes, popping bubbles at uncle Albert's, feeding birds or putting your arms out and having them land on you, waving away smoke and wiping soot off your face in the rooftops, and flying a kite.

I feel that it could be done inexpensively since it's mostly screens and existing technology with maybe two great Burt and Mary AAs.

Any thoughts?
I like the idea of having one, but I do not recommend putting it in Epcot and I don't think the Carousel idea would work. I think it would be better if it was in Fantasyland with a Banks Family street facade...other then that the dark ride idea is really good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom