Cheap Offsite Hotels with Shuttles

Rachelpixiedust83

Original Poster
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum & planning my very first trip to Walt Disney World . Been dreaming of going since I was a little girl and after many trips to Disneyland Paris, I've now started to save to go with my husband and toddler son next November.

I'd love to stay at a Disney hotel but even the All Star resorts are coming up super expensive and adding an extra £1000 to the stay. So we are looking at staying off site at somewhere much cheaper. Just need somewhere clean to sleep as will be spending as much time as possible in the parks! The big problem is neither of us drive, so will be reliant on the shuttle buses. A lot of the cheaper hotels claim to have complimentary shuttle buses but I'd like to know what everyone else thinks. Anyone stayed offsite and used the buses? Ideally we would stay at a Disney hotel and not even have to think about shuttles etc, but the cost difference between Disney hotel and offsite hotel is the difference in us going on our dream trip and not going ... so I'm willing to sacrifice staying onsite but I do need the reassurance that we can get from the hotel to WDW relatively easily!

Thank you all so much in advance :)

Lisalyn

:)I stay onsite and offsite. This year I have 2 trips (5 days each) so one is on and one is off! That being said on my trip offsite last year I stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown Disney in Lake Buena Vista. It's at 1805 Hotel Plaza Blvd in Lake Buena Vista. I found it very clean and the Disney shuttles did the job! They come approx every 20 minutes or so and we really had no issues with them other than sometimes it seemed to take forever to get back to the hotel at night but by then...we had all our fun for the day! They have a lovely little restaurant and a nice gift shop with lots of Disney items. The rooms were clean and the staff very helpful. You can even request an upgrade to a Disney view room.

I am actually staying there again THIS year over Christmas I was so impressed !! Cheers!

HollyAD

I have stayed at the Clarion in Lake Buena Vista. We did have a car but they also had a shuttle service. I got it for around $67 a night and it was very good for that price. It was clean and had a refrigerator and microwave. It is located in the crossroads area where there are many restaurants and shops. You could walk or grab a taxi easily. Taxis are not priced unfairly in the Orlando area.The hotel also had a nice pool area and splash zone for a toddler. I have seen this hotel priced very low on groupon. It is worth checking out. However, I would probably call and ask about their shuttle availability. As mentioned above, there are many Downtown Disney are hotels. Many have shuttles as well but are priced a little higher. It depends on what you want to spend. Also, check Disney fans sights such as mousesavers.com for info on offsite hotels. They post discount codes for many close offsite hotels. Good luck!

Beckett

HollyAD, did Clarion charge any fees upon arrival? I found them for as low as 70 dollars a night in December but I'm worried I will be charged fees that will in the end make it not worth it. I am going alone with my daughter, so if you could please also let me know how safe it is. Thank you! :)

Rachelpixiedust83

Original Poster
Thanks so much everyone! I have been on Expedia and the Clarion Inn looks lovely and amazing prices! I'm from the UK so staying there and flights from here to Orlando is £1500 which is wonderful ! Thanks a lot for all your help. I really didn't want to be worrying about shuttle times etc, as I want to get to the parks super early but looking at the Clarion Inn website, their shuttles leave for the Magic Kingdom at 7.30am which is great! And they're every 20 mins and last one at midnight if MK closes that late then. They are a 'friend of Disney' hotel so shuttles are very frequent which is exactly what I wanted for my first trip when I really want things as uncomplicated as possible!

Rachelpixiedust83

Original Poster
HollyAD, did Clarion charge any fees upon arrival? I found them for as low as 70 dollars a night in December but I'm worried I will be charged fees that will in the end make it not worth it. I am going alone with my daughter, so if you could please also let me know how safe it is. Thank you! :)

I have gone to get prices on Expedia and all their charges including taxes etc are put on at the time of booking, so maybe have a look there? I see it's very cheap and looks fab, so fingers crossed they'll be no extra charges. From what I can see on their website, it all looks lovely & clean and there is security around the clock to. And super close to Disney!

HollyAD

I have gone to get prices on Expedia and all their charges including taxes etc are put on at the time of booking, so maybe have a look there? I see it's very cheap and looks fab, so fingers crossed they'll be no extra charges. From what I can see on their website, it all looks lovely & clean and there is security around the clock to. And super close to Disney!

I don't remember any additional fees on arrival! My only slight problem was with checking in. It took forever and since I had just booked using hotels.com, there was a little confusion. They had my reservation but couldn't see the card I booked with. It was all easily fixed, just make sure to have your third party booking confirmation print out with you! I forgot to mention the perk of having security around the property. When you arrive, ask not to have a room facing the interstate. The noise was not that bad but I saw that some people wrote in and complained about it. We were facing the interstate and had no problem.

Beckett

Thank you all so much :) My plans are to stay from Dec. 27-Jan. 1 in the Clarion LBV and then switch to the Rosen Inn from Jan. 1-Jan. 6. I was worried about The Clarion LBV because in the hotel reviews on Trip Advisor it said that some people arrived there and they were told that they were overbooked and they moved them to another hotel. I really hope this doesn't happen to any of us :/ I'm worried.

HollyAD

Thank you all so much :) My plans are to stay from Dec. 27-Jan. 1 in the Clarion LBV and then switch to the Rosen Inn from Jan. 1-Jan. 6. I was worried about The Clarion LBV because in the hotel reviews on Trip Advisor it said that some people arrived there and they were told that they were overbooked and they moved them to another hotel. I really hope this doesn't happen to any of us :/ I'm worried.
Oh wow. Overbooked? Let's hope that you get priority since you booked so early and they would not make you move!

Lisalyn

Lisalyn, do they charge fees at the Holiday Inn?

I'm pretty sure there is a parking fee but can't remember how much per night ($12 maybe) - call the hotel directly, tell them you are on a budget. What is the best per night rate they can give you? I do this all the time and last go around the room went from $169 a night to $119 night. I always call and say "what can you do for me" in an attempt to get best pricing. Good luck!

BrerJon

Don't worry, overbooking is rare and usually you will be given the stay free of charge, or some compensation money, if you're moved, so at least it saves you money! Also it will always be to a much nicer hotel. But it's very, very rare so I shouldn't worry about it. What Rosen are you moving to? I know the Clarion is owned by Rosen as well.

Clarion's a great choice for doing Disney on a budget without a car, especially if you're from the UK. Any of the ones in those area are close to Downtown Disney so only a short ride to the parks, and you've also got a mini-mall next door with a CiCi's Pizza (extremely cheap but delicious pizza buffet) and ten minutes walk from Crossroads mall (I recommend Sweet Tomatoes buffet and Fuddruckers burgers) so if you want to save money on food, don't have a car, and want the real American food experience you're in luck.

Also although the shuttle buses should suit you fine for the parks, you're near enough that if you want to get their quick, or back home quickly, a taxi won't be too expensive either.

Be warned you are going at the busiest time of year so you're very wise to do advance planning!

Last edited:

bee

I'm going to echo the good reviews of the Clarion. I've stayed there three times in the last year or so, including around Christmas, and have had nothing but good experiences. There was never a resort fee, the rooms were clean (usually--see note below*) and decently-sized, the location is ideal, and the staff have been friendly and efficient, despite me having booked through Priceline each time. I never used the shuttles as we always drove so I cannot speak to their reliability, but it looks like you will be fine. Have fun!

*One time we arrived and there was still some trash from the previous guest(s) in our room but when we called the front desk to inform them we were switched to a new room in a timely manner and without any hassle.

yensid67

Beckett, DO NOT WORRY if you are moved to another ROSEN hotel, they are exactly the same amenities and rooms at each hotel they are just in a different area! But no worries about overbooking, they said that to me too and I booked separately through the website!
IF by chance they do put you in another ROSEN, just make sure you ask about the shuttle services. Don't believe the trip advisor reviews...I read them too and was worried because some said that the hotel was dirty and whatever, but it was THE BEST hotel I have stayed in EVER...pillow top mattresses, micro/frig/coffee maker, 2 pools, self service laundry, bar/grille, on site 24 hr convenience store, lite bite café and I know you booked through Expedia, but ask if you can add the HOT Breakfast Buffet to your room for each morning and at the Rosen Inn too! It was delicious...I had a plate full of Bacon every morning! LOL! They even had Make your own Mickey Mouse waffles!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Hi Rachael, Being a non driver isn't going to spoil you're dream trip to WDW when staying at an offsite hotel, BUT being reliant on that hotels shuttle service might.

Try and look at it this way -
Offsite, you're saving money on accommodation, however, you're going to Disney when the hotel decides and you're returning when they say the last shuttle is. Inbetween times you're free to enjoy WDW.
Onsite, you have buses to any of the 6 parks and Downtown Disney throughout the day (at virtually 15-30 minute intervals). Likewise when your toddler is tired you can return to your room for a nap during the day and then return again to the parks for late afternoon / early evening. The only restrictions on what you do are down to you. Plus you have the Extra Magic Hours at your disposal and staying onsite means you have a 30 day advantage when it comes to booking your Fast Passes

You can have a Disney holiday, staying offsite and utilise the hotels transport, comfortable in the knowledge that you've saved some money. I think you'll have a much better trip by saving that little bit longer and staying at a WDW resort and truely immersing yourselves in The Magic.

BigRedDad

If staying on site is too expensive, there are plenty of homes and timeshares you can rent. Depending on when you go, you can find homes for $700-$800 a week. You can find condos and timeshare suites for about the same price as well. The best thing to do is research. I had 2 weeks I was planning to go down and eventually found a 2 BR Dlx at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for $500 for 7-nights. This is the same price as 3 nights in the cheapest Value resort for the same time period. We will have our car and APs. Parking will be free with the APs. I will also not be dependent on Disney's buses that have been horrible for my liking except for Pop Century.

Mouse_Trap

Is that the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando or somewhere else, pretty sure there are quite a few of them around.

LauraRose

Thanks so much everyone! I have been on Expedia and the Clarion Inn looks lovely and amazing prices! I'm from the UK so staying there and flights from here to Orlando is £1500 which is wonderful ! Thanks a lot for all your help. I really didn't want to be worrying about shuttle times etc, as I want to get to the parks super early but looking at the Clarion Inn website, their shuttles leave for the Magic Kingdom at 7.30am which is great! And they're every 20 mins and last one at midnight if MK closes that late then. They are a 'friend of Disney' hotel so shuttles are very frequent which is exactly what I wanted for my first trip when I really want things as uncomplicated as possible!

Who have you booked your flights with? Also from UK and can't find cheaper then 1800!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom