Favorite Universal Hotel

Which on-site hotel at Universal is your favorite?

• Cabana Bay

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Hard Rock

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Portofino Bay

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Royal Pacific

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Disneyhead'71

I really enjoy the laid back atmosphere at Portofino Bay. I love having a bottle of red and a cheese board sitting harbor side at the Thirsty Fish at night after a day in the parks. Very relaxing. It's like having a hotel room in World Showcase.

danpam1024

The only one we haven't stayed at is RP- for some reason, it doesn't appeal to DH and he refuses. I LOVE HRH. It feels like home away from home to us. Most of our time is spent at the pool- day or night- it is just relaxing and fun at the same time. The poolside service is top notch. Room service- YUM! The only negative I have is last stay (June) our room was in desperate need of some TLC- and I did write to the hotel about it (with many praises as well). Love having the option of CBBR as well- for the instances we need to go but can't swing the cost of HRH- like next week LOL! Hoping that it doesn't get destroyed by the BTGs. PBR is lovely, it is just not "me" and it's WAY TOO FAR to walk to the parks (which we actually enjoy). Poolbar and pool were just meh and that's a huge portion of our stays :)

DisneyDaver

Love PBR, but staying at HRH this year. Going with my young niece and nephews this year and HRH is more kid friendly (and a shorter walk for them to the parks).

KingdomofDreams

Just got back from our first stay at Portofino and we loved it! Check in was fast and efficient, our room was spacious, beautiful and right at the boat dock. Service was great. Loved the piazza/harbor and just strolling over to the deli for water/sodas/snacks. It is the furthest away from the parks, but boats ran frequently. I don't think we ever waited more than 10 minutes for a boat in either direction and most times it was less. The ride itself was very fast...maybe 5 minutes.

We've stayed at Hard Rock and love it also. Royal Pacific has beautiful, tropical grounds and it's close to IOA, but honestly we weren't too impressed with the rooms. We'd be fine to stay there again, but it would definitely be our 3rd choice.

KJC

Hard Rock Hotel. Closest walk to the parks, coolest vibe, awesome ice cream shop, and Madonna's bustier in the lobby. Doesn't get any better than that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom