Imagineering a brand-new MK and Epcot for you!

mharrington

Original Poster
If we are talking about a Bullet Train attraction I would say resurrect Mt. Fuji or don't bother with it.

I'm not sure about Mt. Fuji with Everest over at the Animal Kingdom, which is why I thought of the bullet train walkthrough/ride-through idea as an alternative, but then throw in a kaiju monster to make it less dull.

Voxel

President of Progress City
I'm not sure about Mt. Fuji with Everest over at the Animal Kingdom, which is why I thought of the bullet train walkthrough/ride-through idea as an alternative, but then throw in a kaiju monster to make it less dull.
I could see that point, but a majority ofDisney park around the world has a "Mountain", the only exceptions that comes to mind are Epcot, MGM, Hollywood Studios, and Walt Disney Studios. But either way, a bullet train would be fun.

mharrington

Original Poster
I could see that point, but a majority ofDisney park around the world has a "Mountain", the only exceptions that comes to mind are Epcot, MGM, Hollywood Studios, and Walt Disney Studios. But either way, a bullet train would be fun.

Well, Mt. Fuji and Everest are both real mountains, as is the Matterhorn.

mharrington

Original Poster
I thought we were talking about Japan in Epcot?

Yes, we are. But with Everest at the Animal Kingdom, I'm not sure how much sense it makes to have a SECOND mountain thrill ride on property themed to an actual mountain. A mountain thrill ride in general is one thing. Big Thunder, while taking some inspiration from an actual location, is not directly themed to a location. Everest, Matterhorn and Mt. Fuji, however, are real mountains. And I don't think they've ever done more than one mountain thrill ride themed to a real mountain before. With Everest at the Animal Kingdom, I don't know how much sense it makes to do Mt. Fuji now.

Voxel

Yes, we are. But with Everest at the Animal Kingdom, I'm not sure how much sense it makes to have a SECOND mountain thrill ride on property themed to an actual mountain. A mountain thrill ride in general is one thing. Big Thunder, while taking some inspiration from an actual location, is not directly themed to a location. Everest, Matterhorn and Mt. Fuji, however, are real mountains. And I don't think they've ever done more than one mountain thrill ride themed to a real mountain before. With Everest at the Animal Kingdom, I don't know how much sense it makes to do Mt. Fuji now.
That makes sense now that you put it that way. Hmmm. Perhaps and idea for you. Maybe not build a full mountain but a facade that looks like mount Fuji in the background.

Sam Magic

Matterhorn? Epcot lacks some serious attractions, a Fuji attraction would be phenomenal to the area.

Voxel

Matterhorn? Epcot lacks some serious attractions, a Fuji attraction would be phenomenal to the area.
Yes at the same point he makes some serious points, its the same reason people are complaining about Soarin 2.0 in Avatarland. I think the bullet train with a facade would provide something new is fun.

mharrington

Original Poster
I hate to keep coming back to the Rhine River Cruise idea, but I just can't stop thinking how it can really work in today's society. It seems to me like it would just be too underwhelming for today's thrill-a-minute-obsessed crowd.

Can anyone please provide me with ideas?

Sam Magic

I hate to keep coming back to the Rhine River Cruise idea, but I just can't stop thinking how it can really work in today's society. It seems to me like it would just be too underwhelming for today's thrill-a-minute-obsessed crowd.

Can anyone please provide me with ideas?
I pride myself on knowing my fair share of knowledge on Germany. I would suggest making it a thrill/dark ride through Germany's history. The final scene should be a celebration of re-unification with the Berlin wall being torn down.

mharrington

Original Poster
I pride myself on knowing my fair share of knowledge on Germany. I would suggest making it a thrill/dark ride through Germany's history. The final scene should be a celebration of re-unification with the Berlin wall being torn down.

But then, it wouldn't be a cruise anymore, would it?

mharrington

Original Poster
Well you don't have to call it a cruise..maybe "Rhine River Adventures: A Journey through time"

Since it's in Germany, and everything there has a German name, maybe the ride could be called "Der Rhein:
Die Reise durch die Zeit". Does that sound good?

mharrington

Original Poster
I think I might break off the Germany pavilion's boat ride idea into its own thread, along with an idea I have for the Magic Kingdom...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom