Am I the only one who worries about trip not happening?

DJ7203

I am so looking forward to the trip we have planned for Disney at the end of Aug. that I am sitting here making myself sick worrying about things that could go wrong to prevent us from being able to go. Like a family emergency, a hurricane (since we are in FL & it is Hurricane season), my Husband is always losing everything so I'm worried he will lose his ID right before the trip & he won't be able to pick up his seasonal pass etc. Am I the only one who does this? Instead of just looking forward to the trip, I am worried about what could go wrong. Why do I do this to myself?

Last edited:

BransonJ

Only certain things would be unavoidable. Such as a family emergency (god forbid). But other minor set backs I tend to look forward to my vacation more to escape all the "bad" things and stressful situations.

One example I just had this past week is we had our workshop broken in to and about $2,500 worth of tools stolen. It is a huge setback in the wallet but it makes me look that much more to our vacation.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We all have those worries! If it's keeping you from enjoying the anticipation of your trip, I suggest purchasing vacation insurance (we like Travel Guard) to protect your investment in case the worst happens. (If nothing else, Murphy's Law guarantees that if you have the insurance, nothing will happen!) ;)

Upvote 0

DJ7203

Original Poster
Only certain things would be unavoidable. Such as a family emergency (god forbid). But other minor set backs I tend to look forward to my vacation more to escape all the "bad" things and stressful situations.

One example I just had this past week is we had our workshop broken in to and about $2,500 worth of tools stolen. It is a huge setback in the wallet but it makes me look that much more to our vacation.

Oh that's terrible, I'm so sorry to hear that! Yes I'm sure you are looking forward to your vacation!

Upvote 0

DJ7203

Original Poster
We all have those worries! If it's keeping you from enjoying the anticipation of your trip, I suggest purchasing vacation insurance (we like Travel Guard) to protect your investment in case the worst happens. (If nothing else, Murphy's Law guarantees that if you have the insurance, nothing will happen!) ;)

Oh I'm not even worried about the money aspect because I can change my reservations if need be. I'm more worried about being disappointed about not going. It's a surprise for my little one's 8th Birthday & we aren't telling her until the day we leave. We are going to put Mickey balloons in her room, a gift bag with a Disney outfit, Disney Gift card & her magic band all wrapped up & waiting for her when she get's home from school. I just want to be able to experience the look on her little face! That's what I am truly looking forward to.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I worry a little, I think that is normal. But there are a lot of things out of my control that could happen and I can only hope and pray that things go according to plan. If they don't hopefully I would be able to reschedule my trip. Would it be disappointing? Sure.

Upvote 0

DfromATX

I'm a worrier too, but it's like that for any vacation we have planned. It seems like shortly before our trip approaches, I start doing it. What if someone gets sick? What if someone dies? (I know that one is morbid.) I worry about hurricanes too, especially if it's a cruise vacation. I'm glad it's not just me!

Upvote 0

DJ7203

Original Poster
I'm a worrier too, but it's like that for any vacation we have planned. It seems like shortly before our trip approaches, I start doing it. What if someone gets sick? What if someone dies? (I know that one is morbid.) I worry about hurricanes too, especially if it's a cruise vacation. I'm glad it's not just me!

I had some of the same thoughts & I felt so terrible for it! Glad I'm not alone & it happens to some of us.

Upvote 0

DfromATX

I had some of the same thoughts & I felt so terrible for it! Glad I'm not alone & it happens to some of us.

I was worried I came off as insensitive. Please let me explain.. one week before one trip, my husband's elderly father became ill and went to the hospital. He came home and seemed alright so we went on our trip, but a week after we got back he passed away. Then another time, my mom needed surgery about 2 weeks before our trip. And again for something else before another trip! Thankfully all is well with her. My husband's mother is 86 years old (he's the baby of the family), so I can't help but to worry about these things. It just seems like before we take any trip something happens to someone. I hope I didn't come across as insensitive or offend anyone.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

I get a little anxious before every trip and never sleep well the night before, no matter how many times I have done this. I think that is kinda normal!!! Marie

I always tell myself the night before I am going to go to bed early around 8pm so I am well rested for my first day. Never happens - I am usually too excited and never fall asleep. I figure - I can sleep on the plane and usually once I wake up we are at the gate and I see palm trees :)

Upvote 0

DJ7203

Original Poster
I was worried I came off as insensitive. Please let me explain.. one week before one trip, my husband's elderly father became ill and went to the hospital. He came home and seemed alright so we went on our trip, but a week after we got back he passed away. Then another time, my mom needed surgery about 2 weeks before our trip. And again for something else before another trip! Thankfully all is well with her. My husband's mother is 86 years old (he's the baby of the family), so I can't help but to worry about these things. It just seems like before we take any trip something happens to someone. I hope I didn't come across as insensitive or offend anyone.

I don't think you are insensitive at all. I've had similar thins happens, which is why I worry about it. I totally get it.

Upvote 0

DJ7203

Original Poster
I always tell myself the night before I am going to go to bed early around 8pm so I am well rested for my first day. Never happens - I am usually too excited and never fall asleep. I figure - I can sleep on the plane and usually once I wake up we are at the gate and I see palm trees :)

Oh jeez I don't know how I will sleep the night before, if at all lol! We live in Fort Lauderdale, so it's just a 3-4 hour drive for us. No plane ride. But maybe I can nap in the car haha!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Right?? I am always up and buzzing around, either talking on the phone to friends, getting last minute stuff together etc. Sometimes I sleep on the plane, others not so much depending on what I have planned when I get there sometimes I am just too amped up to relax!!!! Marie

Upvote 0
We go in August in years past we would worry a fair amount about hurricanes. In 2011 a couple of days before a trip Hurricane Irene had formed and they were predicting Florida to be in its path. The night before we were scheduled to go they revised the prediction to state that it would likely hit the Carolinas. We flew down that morning. By the time we landed the predictions had changed and it was making a b-line right for our home in New Jersey. We had a great vacation but a mess when we got home. As a result, though now when we go we tend to worry less about hurricanes and the things we can't control. Forgetting to pack my daughter's Elsa or Anna dress now becomes the biggest worry.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Every trip theres some last minute thing that we have to fix or straighten out at home or in our business, just to remind us that its going to be great to get the heck out of here. We arent relaxed until we step through the door of our resort. Thankfully theres never been a problem occur that caused our trip to fall through. The week before the trip we panic about what we might be forgetting, recheck everything....DW calls to confirm reservations, ADRs etc., the day before we make a list of MUST BE SURE ITS HERE list. IDs, tickets, plans, just so the morning we leave everything goes with us. You are not alone in the preDisneypanic.

Upvote 0

RiceCrispyMickey

Before we went in June I did get slightly paranoid that something would stop us like one of us falling over and breaking our legs or something! Try not to let it overtake your thoughts though. Every time you feel it creeping up on you try thinking of all the wonderful things about disney instead!!

Upvote 0

Disvillain63

I am the worrier and planner here. We are driving down in early September and hurricanes were our first worries for that time of year. My worry is not that a hurricane will stop the trip, because most do not prevent WDW from operating. My concern is that it will affect a city or two along I95 and my route south will be closed. I have already looked for alternate routes.

Sleeping the night before....not likely.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom