Magic Band Charging privileges.

robbyk

Original Poster
Hi All,
Just set up the magic bands etc and we pre checked in at our WDW resort for our late August trip( adding the credit card). The MDE allowed me to add a charging pin code to everyone in our family except my 8 yr old daughter. Is she not allowed charging privileges? Our 10 yr old son has been allowed. Thanks in advance!

Rob562

I believe by default children under a certain age (presumably 10) do not get charging privileges. The front desk should be able to enable it after you check in.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
I believe by default children under a certain age (presumably 10) do not get charging privileges. The front desk should be able to enable it after you check in.

-Rob

Right, from what I've heard/read, they use the same cutoff age as the Dining Plan (<10) for charging privileges. Seems strange....I would think 18 would be the default cutoff, with the option to add it for minors at check-in.

gooftroop5

Right, from what I've heard/read, they use the same cutoff age as the Dining Plan (<10) for charging privileges. Seems strange....I would think 18 would be the default cutoff, with the option to add it for minors at check-in.

Ha ha! My 10 year old would go nuts charging up a storm. They have no concept of money so a snack here or a souvenir there would be awesome to him! I'm sure Disney is counting on 10+ kids having the same thoughts. :greedy:

Rob562

Ha ha! My 10 year old would go nuts charging up a storm. They have no concept of money so a snack here or a souvenir there would be awesome to him! I'm sure Disney is counting on 10+ kids having the same thoughts. :greedy:

Or, you simply don't give your 10 year old the PIN to be able to use the charging... ;)

-Rob

gooftroop5

Or, you simply don't give your 10 year old the PIN to be able to use the charging... ;)

-Rob

You got it! I never give any of my kids charging privileges. But Disney makes it easy for those 10 and up. Seriously.......I don't let my kids out of my sight at WDW. There is no reason to give them charging capabilities because they are always with us and we don't allow them free reign to get whatever they want. I also told my kids they wouldn't have a cell phone until they could pay for it either. I'm a mean mom. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom