Early arrival with Magicbands & online check-in question (like really early)

DisneyGigi

I was not sure where to post this question so please forgive me. We always arrive early like around 11:00 am on check- in day, knowing it is very unlikely that our room will be ready. (that is totally okay) I was wondering how it works now, since you already have your Magic band versus when you had to get your Keys to the World card at check-in. I am assuming we still need to stop at the resort and go through the process. We plan on being there around 8:00 am or a bit earlier so that we can head straight to MK for the park opening. Our tickets do still become available at any time arrival day like they did before, correct? It has been almost 5 years so we do not want to miss a minute!

disney4life2008

Make sure you do online check in on MDE and add a phone number where they can text you when your room is ready. Because you have your MBs - I am thinking that you may be able to bypass the check in counter all together and just go directly to MK. It may not hurt to go to the check in desk to let them know you arrived (that way you are in the system and you receive your packets). Then once you are ready to return to the resort - you can go directly to your room.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

Of I were you, I would check in at the desk and let them know that you have arrived. If you have any special room requests, you can remind them and with such an early check in, your chances of getting your request will be better than someone who checks in later or who does not show up in person.
Have a Magical Trip! :cat:

Upvote 0
Last year, we completed online check in, went to an 'expedited' check-in line and got a general idea of where we were staying. We parked our car close to a bus stop and took off to a park until we received the room ready text. Totally simple!

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Oh, I wouldn't skip checking in, even if you did on-line check in. Mainly to make sure your MBs are activated. I had to return to the check in desk 3 times to get the MB I always use and had used the previous month to work so that it would open my door, even though it was working when I checked in to pick up my packet. Somehow, it got deactivated, by whom, who knows? Took the manager on duty about 20 minutes to figure out what was wrong and then fix it.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Your ability to use the Bands for park admission without checking in at the hotel front desk will depend on *how* your park tickets were purchased and linked to MDE:

-If you bought the tickets separately from the hotel reservation (like from a reseller or had them mailed from Disney) and then linked them to your MDE profile, then you should be able to go right to the parks and use the Bands for park entry.

-If you booked a package reservation where the park tickets are part of the package, then you must stop at the hotel first to check in before the tickets are active.

In either case, other aspects like room charging or a Dining Plan will not be active until you check into the hotel.

Oh, and the ability to check in early (or "pre-register" as Disney calls it) is dependent on the overnight processes being completed by the front desk system. While they are often complete earlier, Disney won't guarantee that the hotel front desk systems will be ready to start handling Guests any earlier than 7am.

-Rob

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Oh, I wouldn't skip checking in, even if you did on-line check in. Mainly to make sure your MBs are activated. I had to return to the check in desk 3 times to get the MB I always use and had used the previous month to work so that it would open my door, even though it was working when I checked in to pick up my packet. Somehow, it got deactivated, by whom, who knows? Took the manager on duty about 20 minutes to figure out what was wrong and then fix it.

Will definitely stop to check in just in case! Just hoping we get there early enough for opening, that would be amazing!

Upvote 0

DisneyMomD

When we were there earlier this month we got to the resort at 7:15. We had done online check-in, and there was no line. Our room was ready and we were on our way in less than 10 minutes, to the park in time to be only 3 or. 4 from the entry gate.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Will definitely stop to check in just in case! Just hoping we get there early enough for opening, that would be amazing!

Make sure that your arrival day and plan for MK that morning is not a morning EMH day - otherwise the park will open at 8am and not 9am. Otherwise you may want to plan to check in at the resort no later than 715am (and similarly 815 if a non EMH day). Once you check in you can simply walk to the MK bus and you are on your way. Also account for the welcome show - I think that starts at the :40 or :45 mark.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Make sure that your arrival day and plan for MK that morning is not a morning EMH day - otherwise the park will open at 8am and not 9am. Otherwise you may want to plan to check in at the resort no later than 715am (and similarly 815 if a non EMH day). Once you check in you can simply walk to the MK bus and you are on your way. Also account for the welcome show - I think that starts at the :40 or :45 mark.

No morning emh so we are good there. I want to make it for the show. I love it and it has been so long since we have been. Our anniversary is the day before we arrive and my sweet hubby is going to sleep all day so that he can drive through the night to get us there early. I just hope I sleep a little on the way down. I usually can't I am too excited maybe it being dark will help lol! Thanks for reminding me about the emh! :)

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

I always do the online check in and we always arrive by 11:30 and I would say that 90% of the time, our room is actually ready when we get to the resort. So I would definitely check in first, also, they like to verify your credit card linked to the magic bands and that your pin is correct as well.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

No morning emh so we are good there. I want to make it for the show. I love it and it has been so long since we have been. Our anniversary is the day before we arrive and my sweet hubby is going to sleep all day so that he can drive through the night to get us there early. I just hope I sleep a little on the way down. I usually can't I am too excited maybe it being dark will help lol! Thanks for reminding me about the emh! :)

You will have a great time. I am hoping to catch the welcome show myself next week but I can never get out of my room before opening on my MK day, lol.

Upvote 0

totaldisneygirl

We just arrived at 11AM to our resort last week and our room was ready and waiting for us! So regardless of whether or not you do online check in, I would stop by the desk and make sure everything is ready for action :)

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

always do online check in and arrive very early 8am to 9am and almost every time our room was ready. Like the on line check in so they know we will be there early!

Promising - I am arriving to the resort between 830 and 930 and it would be a bonus for my room to be ready so that I can freshen up then head to MK for the day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom