ADR Question

LizC

Original Poster
I sorry if this has been asked, I couldn't find the answer.

I booked a room for my family and I but my parents haven't booked yet, even though the 180 day mark is in 2 days! :mad: When I call to make the ADR's for 6 people will that be a problem even though I am technically only booked for 4. I am only concerned because I will be booking for all 10 days of our trip on Friday using 180+10.

All help is appreciated! Thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Won't be a problem. We have friends who live in Orlando who join us for some meals so I have always booked for more than on my reservation.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I sorry if this has been asked, I couldn't find the answer.

I booked a room for my family and I but my parents haven't booked yet, even though the 180 day mark is in 2 days! :mad: When I call to make the ADR's for 6 people will that be a problem even though I am technically only booked for 4. I am only concerned because I will be booking for all 10 days of our trip on Friday using 180+10.

All help is appreciated! Thanks!

You don't need a resort reservation to book dining, that is until Disney changes the policy...

I usually don't call Disney Dining to book ADRs, but do them on-line so I can see all the options - restaurant and available times. Plus, I can book any time on-line, even at 5:30AM when my 180 window opened up (yes, that's the only way to get BOG) - I don't think Disney Dining is available via phone until 7:00AM. You don't even have to add your parents to your MDE account under Family & Friends - just select the correct number of people for the reservation.

LizC

Original Poster
You don't need a resort reservation to book dining, that is until Disney changes the policy...

I usually don't call Disney Dining to book ADRs, but do them on-line so I can see all the options - restaurant and available times. Plus, I can book any time on-line, even at 5:30AM when my 180 window opened up (yes, that's the only way to get BOG) - I don't think Disney Dining is available via phone until 7:00AM. You don't even have to add your parents to your MDE account under Family & Friends - just select the correct number of people for the reservation.

I always thought that I had to wait till 7am to book online at my 180 day mark, earlier would be great! Do you live on the east coast? Have others had the same experience?

I assumed I needed a resort reservation in order to book ALL my ADR's at the 180 day mark. Meaning I book from the first day of my visit (which would then be 180 days away) to the last (which would be 190 days away). Is this not the case?

Baldy

I always thought that I had to wait till 7am to book online at my 180 day mark, earlier would be great! Do you live on the east coast? Have others had the same experience?

I assumed I needed a resort reservation in order to book ALL my ADR's at the 180 day mark. Meaning I book from the first day of my visit (which would then be 180 days away) to the last (which would be 190 days away). Is this not the case?
Maybe it has to do with time zones. I was able to book online from 6:00am (Eastern Time) onward and by phone from 7:00am.

LizC

Original Poster
Maybe it has to do with time zones. I was able to book online from 6:00am (Eastern Time) onward and by phone from 7:00am.
Thank you for clearing that up! :) I was still wrong, I was doing it a 7am!

75disney

You are correct. You can begin to book ADRs on-line at 6AM Eastern time. The day before your 180+10 window opens, mark all of the restaurants that you want to eat at as favorites in MDE. Log into your MDE account about 10 minutes beforehand and have your first restaurant open and ready to make that ADR right at 6AM. Once secured, then go to your next one and so forth. MK used my iPad and my DH used his laptop and we split the list to get all of our ADRs. We were done by 6:15AM and had gotten everything that we wanted, on the days and at the times that we wanted them. We even got BOG. He went back to bed while I was too excited to sleep! Just be organized, get on there right at 6:00, and good luck.

LAKid53

Premium Member

I live in Florida - maybe Disney gives us Floridians a time break - lol

Not sure about your 2nd question - that is a good point. However the OP doesn't need the parents to book in order to include them in his reservations.

LAKid53

Premium Member

Well, there must be a magic time zone in Florida, because I booked BOG at 5:30 AM on the day my window opened up. It was a Sunday, so maybe that's why I got in 30 minutes early? I can remember looking at the clock on my computer thinking (1) wow, it's way too early to be doing this and why am I awake at 5:30 on a Sunday morning and (2) I CANNOT BELIEVE I FINALLY GOT BOG FOR DINNER ON THE DAY AND TIME I WANTED.

I just looked at the email confirming the reservation and the time stamp is 4 minutes before 6:00AM. Go figure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom