If I could improve Walt Disney World....

mahnamahna101

Okay, all of the following are not at all meant to be an offense to you or to anyone, but...

Well, the park was created mainly for families. It just happened that many families had younger kids. And it so happens that the Magic Kingdom is one of the more kid-friendly parts of the resort. If you were to take the resort as a whole, as a lot of people here like to do, there's plenty of things for non-kiddies to do. It's really not fair to compare the Magic Kingdom to other Disney parks or even to Universal. Maybe the people in charge know something we don't.

As I said before, I'm not the most creative person in the world. I'm very literal-minded, which is a symptom of Asperger's Syndrome, which I have. Now, I don't know about Frontierland or Adventureland, but how can one possibly go to that backstage area of Fantasyland? Because unlike you, I like to keep Small World there. No offense, but it doesn't really fit in World Showcase, and it's an unrealistic idea to relocate it, too. And it would take away from the castle parks' continuous attractions from one park to the next. For instance, in Florida, Star Tours and Fantasmic are located not at the Magic Kingdom but at the Studios. Also, Epcot is home to the 3D movie typically found in a castle park in other resorts. And it goes both ways, too: DCA is home to the Little Mermaid ride and a Goofy-themed roller coaster, but in Florida, both are located at the Magic Kingdom.

My point is, I would much rather try to use the relocation of preexisting castle park attractions in non-castle parks sparingly. Small World is just too "castle park"-like (for a lack of better words) to not be in a castle park.

Like I said, I don't know how much anything would realistically cost, and so I don't bother trying to guess. That usually comes later. Also, once again, it's not fair to compare the Magic Kingdom to Disneyland in terms of what one has over the other or how much one or the other has.

Getting back to the proposed Rivers of America/Riverboat/Tom Sawyer Island removal idea of yours, there are several concerns of mine. For one thing, with the Riverboat in particular gone, how can one just take time for a few minutes to relax? With the Riverboat gone, you would only be adding to the rush-here, do-that frenzy of trying to get as much done in one trip, if not one day, as possible. Also, there's the issue of that one U-turn that the Splash Mountain logs go through after the big drop. It extends, appropriately enough, into the river. It was rather ingenious, what they did, and intricate. But if the Rivers of America is gone, how can the turnaround still be intricate?

Not everything in the Magic Kingdom has to be some fancy E-ticket thrill-a-minute attraction that outlaws small children.

I should also mention that when I create new things for the parks, any park, I like to try and remove as little as possible. I'm sentimental that way. I also try and fit within preexisting boundaries, because, as I said before, I really don't know about how realistic it would be to build back there. In short, I always feel the need to compromise. This is has nothing to do with funding (like I said, that's just a side effect) and everything to do with location and sentimental value. As I said before, for example, Small World just fits better in a castle park. Also, I just can't see them reshuffling practically all of the old Fantasyland attractions (i.e., Peter Pan and the teacups) around just to accommodate new things.

You do realize families have kids over 8 who might not like to ride all-ages dark rides all day long right? They might want to alternate after each ride? Because as a teen, I count 5 rides I absolutely wanted to ride - the Mountains, POTC and HM when I went for the first time last month.

They just moved Dumbo, so who's to say PPF, IASW and Teacups couldn't be shifted around (one of them is just a really nice flat ride that can easily be moved somewhere else)

I have Asperger's too, so logic is key to me. IASW makes sense in World Showcase because it gives little kids something to do there (it's mainly a place for adults to get drunk at this point), unlike the Frozen overlay it could thematically fit, world peace has nothing to do with dragons, magic, flying elephants or talking bears, and Fantasyland needs an actual expansion that expands capacity significantly (SDMT and Mermaid are primarily making up for lost capacity due to 20K closure - it's a boost, but most of the capacity increase is due to wider walkways)

You do realize there's only 1 actual thrill ride in Magic Kingdom? Big Thunder and Splash are honestly a preschooler's first big coaster/log flume - they're fun, but nothing too scary. SDMT and Barnstormer are kiddie coasters. 95% of the park is for kids under 8 - look at the attraction lineup.

And again, I mention MK hasn't added an E-ticket in 22 years. I'm not expecting 20-30 E tickets. But 3-5 using the expansion space wouldn't be a lot to ask for. The rest of the attractions could be B, C and D tickets that everyone can relax on. Mermaid is a C. Buzz and Pooh are low-budget replacements. Stitch and Laugh Floor are low budget. SDMT is a solid D, but no E. Moreso, they haven't added a non-kid centric attraction since Alien Encounter and Timekeeper.

You're never going to stop the "go, go, go" mentality that people have developed when going to theme parks. In this economy, it's foolish to think everyone can take their time and ride stuff leisurely - people are trying to get the most out of their money. No reason to fault people for that. Most people only go to WDW once in a lifetime, so they have to make sure to do/see most everything. It's always the annual pass holders who say people should take it easy. But would you really take it easy if you knew you were never going to Disney World ever again? Would you say "I can do Jungle Cruise next time" or "Test Track can wait" if you knew you had one shot at going to the most magical place on Earth and then you'd never see it again?

As far as E tickets go, Disneyland has or has room for:
POTC
HM
Indiana Jones Adventure
Jungle Cruise
Space Mountain
Star Tours
Future Tomorrowland E-ticket (if it happens in the near-future) at Innoventions
Matterhorn
IASW (arguably)
Possibly an E-ticket at Big Thunder Ranch/Festival of Fools
Big Thunder Mountain
Splash Mountain

To add insult to injury, DCA's right across the way and has 5 more E-tickets (Soarin', Grizzly River Run, California Screamin', ToT, RSR) on top of those current 10 and potential 2. If those two new ones are built at Disneyland and the Monsters Inc coaster opens at DCA, you could potentially ride 18 E tickets in a single day (off-season or peak season if you use FastPasses, stay all day, keep hydrated, take small breaks once in a while, etc) along with some mid-level attractions in between (Fantasyland dark rides, Buzz, Roger Rabbit, TSMM, Mermaid, Goofy's Sky School, maybe a favorite show after lunch, with Fantasmic or World of Color to cap off the day)

15 E-tickets currently n a little more than MK's space (150 acres or so) vs 7 E tickets at MK (the three Mountains, POTC, HM, JC, IASW).

Just because a park is family-friendly doesn't mean they can't have something for everyone.

What about a family with a 2 year old, 5 year old, 8 year old and 17 year old. The 2 and 5 year olds will probably have a lot of fun on most of the attractions at MK (Space Mountain being the only thing the 5 year old can't do... the coasters, Speedway, Splash and Stitch being the things the 2 yr old can't do). The 8 year old will enjoy MK, but might want something a wee bit more thrilling (they may prefer re-riding Big Thunder or Space to Pooh or Dumbo).

But the 17 year old (especially if they're not a hardcore Disney fan) is going to be relatively bored out of their mind. They'll love the three Mountains and have fun on POTC and HM, maybe even laugh at a couple of the bad jokes on Jungle Cruise... but other than that, what do they do? Most of Fantasyland is for the under 7 set (with preschoolers likely to get the most enjoyment out of it) - young children aren't the only ones who love the Disney classics. Plenty of adults would love to see Bald Mountain from Fantasia, a place for the Disney villains, something Nightmare Before Christmas related, etc. Fantasy isn't just a toddler thing (LOTR, HP, Narnia, Game of Thrones, HTTYD, Legend of Zelda, Greek mythology, etc) -

Frontierland has thrills, but nothing for little kids to do (you can only watch Country Bears and ride the Riverboat so many times). More importantly, there's a huge bottleneck that gets insanely backed up during peak season due to two E tickets being backed into a corner. Expanding past Big Thunder would fix that and allow for Western River Expedition to finally come into frutation.

Adventureland has two classics, but it could use something new (Fire Mountain would have been perfect) to draw guests to the left - Fantasyland and Tomorrowland get barraged way too much while you could easily do Jungle Cruise, POTC, Big Thunder, Splash, HM, and a show or two before lunch on even a busy day. During off-season, you could probably do everything in Frontierland, Adventureland and Liberty Square without much of a line. Pretty sure Adventureland hasn't seen anything truly new since 1973 (as far as new D/E tickets go)

Liberty Square is a nice mini-land, but a Sleepy Hollow attraction could round out the area pretty well and give a lesser known Disney film a chance to shine in the spotlight.

Tomorrowland has one truly major attraction. Buzz is pretty secondary unless you have kids. Disneyland has Star Tours along with Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. Even Autopia seems pretty major compared to our Speedway, which is a complete and utter eyesore. Don't care how nostalgic anyone is for it - it doesn't fit Tomorrowland or Fantasyland and greatly intrudes on the theming of both. Every other section of the park has seamless transitions. Tomorrowland/Fantasyland? Awful lol.

Speedway and Stitch just need to close... really, they do. Laugh Floor is something that easily could move to DHS as a quick fix when they're doing Star Wars Land. Buzz should close since DHS needs TSMM more than MK needs Buzz - no reason Toy Story should have two separate shoot 'em up dark rides in two separate parks. Theme it to Big Hero 6 or Guardians of the Galaxy - Marvel might cause troubles with GotG, but BH6 isn't at Universal so I could see them using it as long as the Marvel branding isn't apparent.

Beyond the Speedway, there's a huge chunk of land (Space Mountain's backstage areas could easily be hidden, no worries) for 3-4 more attractions which would bring MK's Tomorrowland up to par with DL's.

Would an E-ticket for each major land and an E ticket for a new land be a lot to ask? 5 isn't that many when you consider DL could fit 12/13 E tickets in a significantly lesser amount of space.

How's it not fair to compare Disneyland to MK? It's 50 acres smaller and still has nearly twice as many attractions. (85 acres vs. 133 acres) I'm not comparing MK to DisneySea or Epcot. I'm comparing it to its sister park which happens to be superior in terms of quality and quantity of attractions.

While I wouldn't expect MK to have more than Disneyland yet since it's 16 years behind, the fact that MK went 20 years without adding anything significant is telling. In those 20 years, MK could have lessened the gap between it and DL (especially since DL has taken a break since Indy for the most part). But they just replaced things rather than add something completely brand new. I don't see how it's unfair to compare DL and MK when they're both the same style park and one of them is significantly bigger than the other (by almost 50 acres of guest space and likely 35-45 acres of potential expansion space beyond the berm)

IASW doesn't fit with fairy tales. Winnie the Pooh, Cinderella and Peter Pan have nothing to do with world peace - nothing. World Showcase makes a lot more sense than Fantasyland. Yes, it's been in a castle park for years, but that doesn't mean it absolutely has to be in the Magic Kingdom. WDW has all that space for a reason. If IASW is the only thing preventing TDO from developing current backstage areas into expansion space and in turn, making new backstage areas farther back beyond the berm, I'd say relocate it. WS could use its own classic dark ride (Maelstrom isn't enough) and Epcot could get a new addition without having to replace anything (just use the old Odyssey building/area or one of the expansion pads). Mermaid and BoG's backstage areas could easily be hidden just like they've done with the Fantasyland dark rides, Liberty Square, Adventureland, Frontierland, etc. Just put a show building in front of Mermaid and BoG's backstage areas - have it share the same backstage space as those two. Maximizing space is something TDO should do more of since they have a blessing none of the other Disney resorts have.

And TDO doesn't know something we don't. They simply choose to ignore that new D tickets and E tickets are how you bring in guests rather than promotional offers. Universal has been doing most everything right lately aside from petty grievances of mine (FJ showbuilding, Gringotts extended queue, Transformers' lack of a facade, KidZone, Fear Factor, front area of Toon Lagoon, lack of a ride in LC, lack of a headliner in Seuss, etc). Why is it unfair to compare to two theme park resorts? They're theme parks. But TDO has shown they do not really know what they're doing as far as parks go. Hotels and shopping are just fine of course ;)

Universal is the place adding new and exciting adventures - the kind Disney used to do regularly back in the mid 80s to mid 90s. I'm not trying to be critical on WDW but it's hard not to when they have shown a utter lack of competence in terms of expanding the park and satisfying all guests - not just a select few demographics (little kids, Mommy bloggers, Lifestylers)

While I agree that MK should be primarily family-friendly, one or two more thrill rides (Disneyland has 2 - why can't MK have 3 with the amount of space available) isn't going to hurt, especially when you consider only 5 rides at MK have a major height requirement. 2 have small ones (32" and 35") while the other 27 are all-ages in addition to M&Gs, shows, parades, etc. 5 out of 34 is a little more than 1/7 of the park... and Stitch and SDMT aren't even that restrictive/scary. Plus most 5 yr olds are about 40" so they could essentially do everything at MK currently except Space Mountain.

Bald Mountain, Fire Mountain, a Frozen trackless dark ride, Western River Expedition, Discovery Bay (3 attractions), revamped Tomorrowland (adds 2-3 attractions beyond berm along with replacements for Speedway, Laugh Floor, Buzz and Stitch)... not really that much to ask for. Especially when 6 of those could be all ages (Frozen dark ride, WRE, 2 of the Discovery Bay attractions, 2 of the new Tomorrowland attractions). Only Bald Mountain and Fire Mountain would be true-blue thrill rides (I would say 48" and 52") along with an E-ticket in Tomorrowland (42"-48" range)

33 all-ages attractions
11 rides with height requirements

75% of the park would still be completely family friendly while 25% would be thrilling attractions for teens/adults/adventurous kids. Not really that bad of a balance.

1. Sugar Rush Racers (Speedway replacement - 32" for Fantasyland side, 42" for Hero's Duty side)
  2. Space Mountain - 44"
  3. New time travel E ticket - 48" (2 new all-ages attractions added alongside it)
  4. Fire Mountain - 52" (all of Adventureland nearby)
  5. Splash Mountain - 40"
  6. Big Thunder Mountain - 40"
  7. Bald Mountain - 48" (all of Fantasyland nearby)
  8. Discovery Bay E-ticket - 42" (WRE and a D ticket family dark ride in Discovery Bay would be nearby)
  9. SDMT - 38"
  10. Barnstormer - 35" (maybe rethemed as Caterpillar)
  11. GotG replacement for Stitch - 40"
Of the ones I listed, 2 are accessible to the average 4 yr old. So 35 out of 44 can be ridden by a 4 yr old. By age 5, 3 more open up (Splash, Big Thunder and the GotG replacement) making the amount the average kindergartner can do 38 out of 44. By age 6, 2 more open up. 40 out of 44 can be done. By age 9 or 10, everything except maybe Fire Mountain would be accessible. Essentially a kindergarter can do 85% of MK even with 4 new thrill rides (and one radically revamped one in place of Speedway)

The park is ridiculously shifted towards preschoolers as is. Why would a few thrill rides completely shift the paradigm and ruin MK for families? It's a smart business move because little kids will want to go back and ride what they weren't tall enough to do last time. Hence, you've got families trying to book two or three trips rather than just one. It also balances out crowds if you have thrill rides throughout the park. Everyone rushes to do Space, Splash and Big Thunder. But if there was Fire Mountain, Bald Mountain, the time travel E ticket, a new Discovery Bay E ticket and the Sugar Rush replacement for the Speedway, you spread out the current crowds and ease tension on the older attractions that might need upgrades/TLC.

Plus, Disney tends to lose families once all or most of their kids are past the age of 7/8. Don't see families with 10, 14, and 17 yr olds walking around MK too often. 4-5 thrill rides and a few more large scale family dark rides (Frozen trackless dark ride, WRE, one in Discovery Bay and one in Tomorrowland that isn't a replacement of Buzz)... MK would be a balanced experience.

by family dark rides, I mean Spaceship Earth, POTC, HM, Horizons, GMR, Journey into Imagination, Adventures Through Inner Space, stuff that may appeal to kids, but isn't explicitly geared toward the younger set like the latest additions have been. Even the most recent thrill rides have been kid centric (Radiator Springs Racers and SDMT). Everest is the last resort-wide addition that aimed at teens/adults... it was 8 years ago and the main feature is broken.

I don't hate families or the all-ages nature of MK, but the park could definitely use a little more variety. Similar to how Universal could use some more family rides, Disney could use some more thrill rides... not unthemed Six Flags thrill machines, mind you. But attractions where the story couldn't be told using an Omnimover. Where KUKA arms and high speed launches are necessary to bring the adventure to life. Certain stories wouldn't work with a slow moving ride system.

75% family, 25% thrill would be about perfect since you wouldn't alienate any particular demo, the park could still maintain its family-friendly reputation, and the thrill rides could bring new sorts of stories/ride systems into MK's arsenals.

mharrington

Okay, this quote is so huge that I'm going to have to just pick and choose some parts to address:

They just moved Dumbo, so who's to say PPF, IASW and Teacups couldn't be shifted around (one of them is just a really nice flat ride that can easily be moved somewhere else)

You yourself pointed out, though, that one of them can easily be moved about. But Peter Pan and Small World are much more difficult to move.

I have Asperger's too, so logic is key to me. IASW makes sense in World Showcase because it gives little kids something to do there (it's mainly a place for adults to get drunk at this point), unlike the Frozen overlay it could thematically fit, world peace has nothing to do with dragons, magic, flying elephants or talking bears, and Fantasyland needs an actual expansion that expands capacity significantly (SDMT and Mermaid are primarily making up for lost capacity due to 20K closure - it's a boost, but most of the capacity increase is due to wider walkways)

But where can it possibly fit at Epcot, anyway? As someone else pointed out, it's a fanciful ride consisting of colorful dolls and a playful song. It belongs exactly where it's sitting right now. It only needs some general touching up and a new entrance facade.

And again, I mention MK hasn't added an E-ticket in 22 years. I'm not expecting 20-30 E tickets.

That's the impression I was getting when you posted, that it should have more E-tickets than one can handle.

You're never going to stop the "go, go, go" mentality that people have developed when going to theme parks. In this economy, it's foolish to think everyone can take their time and ride stuff leisurely - people are trying to get the most out of their money. No reason to fault people for that. Most people only go to WDW once in a lifetime, so they have to make sure to do/see most everything. It's always the annual pass holders who say people should take it easy. But would you really take it easy if you knew you were never going to Disney World ever again? Would you say "I can do Jungle Cruise next time" or "Test Track can wait" if you knew you had one shot at going to the most magical place on Earth and then you'd never see it again

I never said you were going to stop the "go-go-go" mentality. I just thought that virtue of what you posted, you would only be helping that mentality.

Adventureland has two classics, but it could use something new (Fire Mountain would have been perfect) to draw guests to the left - Fantasyland and Tomorrowland get barraged way too much while you could easily do Jungle Cruise, POTC, Big Thunder, Splash, HM, and a show or two before lunch on even a busy day. During off-season, you could probably do everything in Frontierland, Adventureland and Liberty Square without much of a line. Pretty sure Adventureland hasn't seen anything truly new since 1973 (as far as new D/E tickets go)

You are constantly clamoring for a new E-ticket ride. Maybe this Fire Mountain concept is it. It's a step in the right direction, to be sure.

Liberty Square is a nice mini-land, but a Sleepy Hollow attraction could round out the area pretty well and give a lesser known Disney film a chance to shine in the spotlight.

It is a lesser film, perhaps a little too unknown to people to recognize.

Tomorrowland has one truly major attraction. Buzz is pretty secondary unless you have kids. Disneyland has Star Tours along with Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. Even Autopia seems pretty major compared to our Speedway, which is a complete and utter eyesore. Don't care how nostalgic anyone is for it - it doesn't fit Tomorrowland or Fantasyland and greatly intrudes on the theming of both. Every other section of the park has seamless transitions. Tomorrowland/Fantasyland? Awful lol.

Speedway and Stitch just need to close... really, they do. Laugh Floor is something that easily could move to DHS as a quick fix when they're doing Star Wars Land. Buzz should close since DHS needs TSMM more than MK needs Buzz - no reason Toy Story should have two separate shoot 'em up dark rides in two separate parks. Theme it to Big Hero 6 or Guardians of the Galaxy - Marvel might cause troubles with GotG, but BH6 isn't at Universal so I could see them using it as long as the Marvel branding isn't apparent.

Okay, I will not argue the removal of the Speedway and Stitch. They can and should be replaced. But Buzz is pretty popular, too. While I have had considerations to remove Buzz, because one of my replacement ideas for the Speedway has a similar vein to it (possibly the Hero's Duty concept), I'm not sure if people will appreciate it being gone. It does draw a line. And what could replace Buzz?

Beyond the Speedway, there's a huge chunk of land (Space Mountain's backstage areas could easily be hidden, no worries) for 3-4 more attractions which would bring MK's Tomorrowland up to par with DL's.

Can I see some pictures of this?

How's it not fair to compare Disneyland to MK? It's 50 acres smaller and still has nearly twice as many attractions. (85 acres vs. 133 acres)

Because they're both castle parks, and I really don't want to drag out the old DL vs. WDW rivalry that appears to be so common.

If IASW is the only thing preventing TDO from developing current backstage areas into expansion space and in turn, making new backstage areas farther back beyond the berm, I'd say relocate it. WS could use its own classic dark ride (Maelstrom isn't enough) and Epcot could get a new addition without having to replace anything (just use the old Odyssey building/area or one of the expansion pads). Mermaid and BoG's backstage areas could easily be hidden just like they've done with the Fantasyland dark rides, Liberty Square, Adventureland, Frontierland, etc. Just put a show building in front of Mermaid and BoG's backstage areas - have it share the same backstage space as those two. Maximizing space is something TDO should do more of since they have a blessing none of the other Disney resorts have.

The problem is the Odyssey building is technically located in Future World, at least according to guides. Even if we still "moved" the spot to World Showcase, by simply just labeling it as part of World Showcase, Small World would still be as much in Future World as World Showcase. Also, if Small World doesn't fit in Fantasyland, as you argue it doesn't, we might as well just remove Small World from Disneyland while we're at it.

Bald Mountain, Fire Mountain, a Frozen trackless dark ride, Western River Expedition, Discovery Bay (3 attractions), revamped Tomorrowland (adds 2-3 attractions beyond berm along with replacements for Speedway, Laugh Floor, Buzz and Stitch)... not really that much to ask for. Especially when 6 of those could be all ages (Frozen dark ride, WRE, 2 of the Discovery Bay attractions, 2 of the new Tomorrowland attractions). Only Bald Mountain and Fire Mountain would be true-blue thrill rides (I would say 48" and 52") along with an E-ticket in Tomorrowland (42"-48" range).

Maybe, as I said before, Fire Mountain can go in, but I'm not really sure, to be honest, about Western River. There were reasons why it never came to fruition. For example, it was meant to be the equivalent of Pirates, but everyone objected to it not being there and so they put it in (albeit a smaller version). And it had elements that were ultimately used in Splash Mountain. In fact, you can read up all about the ride and why it never came to be here: http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2001/01/01/271.aspx. And also here: http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/wre.htm.

Anyway, something like Fire Mountain would be a step in the right direction.

mahnamahna101

Here is a general tip: Make your post shorter, you'll get more feedback.
Not my fault most people can't be bothered to read more than a paragraph.. I had a lot on my mind. How am I supposed to just divide it up? Then everyone would also get annoyed that I did 8-12 consecutive posts.

Lose lose situation lol

mharrington

Not my fault most people can't be bothered to read more than a paragraph.. I had a lot on my mind. How am I supposed to just divide it up? Then everyone would also get annoyed that I did 8-12 consecutive posts.

Lose lose situation lol

I know that feeling only too well. I really don't like to have to do multiple posts back to back, either.

DinoInstitute

Alrighty, Let's See...If I could Improve WDW... I'll start with Epcot!

I don't really think it needs that much to do, in the sense of rebuild every pavilion, or at least as much as everyone says. I will list my thoughts in order from most likely/simplest, to least likely/tougher project.

• Soarin'- The third and ideally fourth theater as well as new film. This is high on my priority list, yet probably one of the simpler fixes, and likely to happen anyways.
  • Universe of Energy- Needs a renovation. Quickly. It is a nice and funny ride, but very outdated. There are many "facts" that need updating. I personally can live with it for at least ten more years, but I know others can't. Its not the most difficult fix, and I would put it in the middle/bottom of the priority list.
  • Canada Pavilion- A new dark ride. Replace what is of "O Canada", and then add on to the building to put a dark ride on that showcasing all of the adventures you can have in this country. Again, not too hard of a fix, really just a dark ride-no facade work needed. Priority, well, I'll come back to you on this one.
  • Imangination!- Do I really need an explanation? I recently rode it, and I finally realized that it is an A- ticket. You can keep the general theme of it, with the labs, and it is basically like Mystic Manor, except Figment instead of a monkey, and what Figment does what he isn't supposed to is turn on the developing, high-tech equipment that lets all aspects of Imagination run wild. HIGH on the priority list, and if not that story than something. Oh yah, I hear Imageworks upstairs was great *get the hint*
  • Switzerland Pavilion- This could go in the WS expansion plot currently being "used" for the Outpost. This is just like the original plans for a Swiss pavilion, with the Matterhorn Bobsleds too. Great way to update the WS. However, this is where Canada ride comes into play. Something new is desperately needed in the WS, and if they could only have one than I would choose Canada because it is more likely, plus it would even it out. The two rides currently in WS are on the East side, so adding a dark ride on the other side would even it out a lot better and give ride-only people a reason to go to the other side. Swiss, however, would be much, much better, and a better addition, still a big priority. But with that said, if it were to be added, it only means that adding Canada's ride's priority increases.
  • Lastly (kind-of), Innoventions/hub- words cannot describe my frustration. Does
    Where's%20The%20Fire%2002.jpg
    and
    62.-wall-of-free-video-games-based-on-Disney-movies-innoventions-future-world-epcot-walt-disney-world-232x150.jpg
    belong in a themed environment about future and, well, the simple classiness of Epcot? Some may think so, which is fine, but I disagree. This is after all just my dream;). If I were to fix this, the whole hub area would basically be demolished and re-built. SoAT is great, and that stays, but in it's own separate building (now would be a good time to point out that everything is it's own separate building). I want this to be more thought of as a ride, not just another tacky exhibit, which it is not. The electric umbrella and a shop like Mousegears become their own building, the future home, as well as a smaller building which is called Innoventions which actually showcases innovation in today's society as well as what can be achieved in the future. Last building-....
  • EPCOT People mover! I wasn't sure whether or not to list this as part of the hub or not, because it will only be in the hub. It will travel to all 4 hub buildings, as well as Project tomorrow and a building which is a part of the exit/entrance, which showcases briefly the FW pavilions. I want the hub to maintain the feel it has now as well as architecture. Just executed better. This is at the top of my priority list, but not necessarily the PM too. Heck, this was the only one that I used emojis and pictures! However, it also has a 0% chance of actually happening, but thats ok...

So, thats all. It ended up being much longer than I envisioned. I will hopefully do the other parks soon. Thoughts?

mharrington

Here's my updated list of attractions at Epcot's World Showcase:
  1. Gran Fiesta Tour With the Three Caballeros (a possible rename) (at Mexico)
  2. A Frozen overlay of Maelstrom likely coming (at Norway)
  3. Reflections of China (at China)
  4. Der Rhein: Die Reise durch die Zeit (at Germany)
  5. Impressioni dell'Italia (at Italy)
  6. The American Adventure
  7. King Rodanera Attacks! (at Japan)
  8. Impressions de France (at France)
  9. O Canada (at Canada)

tcool

Let me have a go at this.

I'll start off in Magic Kingdom without removing/moving more than about 7 attractions and without going over the train tracks. It will only be 3 lands at a time as well.

Adventureland:

• Removal of Carpets of Aladdin
  • Rename Agrabah Bazaar to Adventureland Bazaar
  • Re-theme Swiss Family Robinson Tree House to Tarzan's Tree House
  • All of Adventureland from Tarzan's Tree House to entry on Main Street will be re-themed.
  • Mystic Manor will be in the area Tinkerbell's Nook was.
  • Aloha Isle will become smaller and the new version of it will be relocated between the Tarzan and Mystic Manor area under a new name called Adventure Isle.
  • Pirate Bazaar if I'm seeing the map correctly will become Albert's Bazaar.
  • Aladdin Character's M&G will be relocated to Albert's Bazaar area if it can't happen then Aladdin Characters stay in the Adventure Bazaar Area.
Color Guide - Orange is Adventure Isle. Green is Tarzan Retheme. Black is Mystic Manor. Red is Albert's Bazaar area.
capture_by_tcool123-d7t54ye.png

Fronteirland :
  • Diamond Horseshoe Building will be repurposed as a whole new show. Woody's Roundup a 15 minute show featuring Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, and Stinky Pete. This location will also host the Frontierland Hoe Down from now on.
  • Tom Sawyer Island and Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island as well is shut down.
Liberty Square :
  • Liberty Belle Closes and is relocated somewhere else with a different name.
Steamboat Wharf :
  • New Mini-Land for either Liberty Square or Fronteirland.
  • Liberty Belle relocated to north with the new name the Mark Twain Riverboat
  • Tiana's Place will incorporate the building from the film and a deck facing HM queue where guests can eat on the water. Tiana will be meetable next to her restaurant with her prince(after the day parade) under a gazebo.
  • Steamboat Willie a whole new D-Ticket to rival Popeye's at IOA. Will be on the South of the Island will travel onto the Rivers of America but will not get splashed by the river waters. Will be based around Steamboat Willie Short. It will feature elements from the short as well as the color scheme.
Mark Twain will only travel the back of Rivers of America now.
capture2_by_tcool123-d7t5l40.png

White is Mark Twain. Yellow is Tiana's. Brown is the bridges. Grey is Steamboat Willie.

Last edited:

mharrington

Let me have a go at this.

I'll start off in Magic Kingdom without removing/moving more than about 7 attractions and without going over the train tracks. It will only be 3 lands at a time as well.

Adventureland:

• Removal of Carpets of Aladdin
  • Rename Agrabah Bazaar to Adventureland Bazaar
  • Re-theme Swiss Family Robinson Tree House to Tarzan's Tree House
  • All of Adventureland from Tarzan's Tree House to entry on Main Street will be re-themed.
  • Mystic Manor will be in the area Tinkerbell's Nook was.
  • Aloha Isle will become smaller and the new version of it will be relocated between the Tarzan and Mystic Manor area under a new name called Adventure Isle.
  • Pirate Bazaar if I'm seeing the map correctly will become Albert's Bazaar.
  • Aladdin Character's M&G will be relocated to Albert's Bazaar area if it can't happen then Aladdin Characters stay in the Adventure Bazaar Area.
Color Guide - Orange is Adventure Isle. Green is Tarzan Retheme. Black is Mystic Manor. Red is Albert's Bazaar area.
capture_by_tcool123-d7t54ye.png

I always thought that Mystic Manor was a new take on the Haunted Mansion.

mharrington

I think that is Phantom Manor, maybe I am wrong but I think MM is pretty different

Well, the Phantom Manor, too, but Mystic Manor does feature ghosts and it does take place inside a huge mysterious house. So I always thought that it was a new take on the Haunted Mansion, like how Tokyo DisneySea's version of the Tower of Terror is a new take on the one in the states. And the same goes with Big Grizzly Mountain, which I think is a new take on Big Thunder.

DinoInstitute

Well, the Phantom Manor, too, but Mystic Manor does feature ghosts and it does take place inside a huge mysterious house. So I always thought that it was a new take on the Haunted Mansion, like how Tokyo DisneySea's version of the Tower of Terror is a new take on the one in the states. And the same goes with Big Grizzly Mountain, which I think is a new take on Big Thunder.
I suppose so. I agree with ToT and BGM as well too

tcool

So part 2 of Magic Kingdom Fix Up in my mind:
Fantasyland:
  • Mickey's Phillarmagic is moved.
  • Cheshire Cafe is moved.
  • IASW and Peter Pan Facades are updated to match NFL.
  • Peter Pan gets a heavy Refurbishment to improve capacity and ride experience over all.
  • Pinnichioh's Village Hausa
  • Pinnicioh's Daring Journey opens where Pinnicioh's Village Hausa is.
  • Fantasy Faire is refurbished to match Notre Dame Adventure.
  • Notre Dame Adventure opens where Mickey Phillarmagic is. Notre Dame Adventure is a dark ride omnimover. The ride will have stained glass windows that come to life and 6 Advanced Animantronics. 1 Frollo AA, 2 Esmeralda AA, 4 Quasimodo AA, 1 Phoebus AA, 1 Clopin AA. _ Scenes : Out There(AA),Topsy Turvy/King of Fools(Stained Glass), Esmeralda saves Quasi(AA), Esmeralda Chase(Stained Glass), God Help the Outcasts(AA), Map to Court of Miracles/Esmeralda Escapes(Stained Glass), Hellfire(AA), Court of Miracles Entrance(Stained Glass), Court of Miracle Hanging(AA), Frollo Interupts(Stained Glass), Paris on Fire/Esmeralda Refuses (Stained Glass), Sanctuary(Stained Glass), Frollo's Demise (Stained Glass), and Quasimodo's Acceptance (AA).
Blue is IASW update. Black is Pinnicioh's Daring Journey.Green is Peter Pan's Flight. Red is Fantasy Faire. And Orange is Notre Dame Adevnture.
capture_by_tcool123-d7t80n2.png

• Alice in Wonderland Opens.
  • Tale of 2 Sisters Opens.
  • Elsa's Ice Palace Opens
  • New Anna & Elsa M&G opens
  • The Mad Hatter's opens in the current location of Cheshire Cafe.
  • The new Cheshire Cafe opens in space Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.
Tommorowland:
  • Cosmic Ray's, Merchant of Venus and Auntie Gravity's get reduced space.
  • SGE closes.
  • Stitch Encounter opens in SGE space.
  • New E-Ticket Tommorowland Ride opens.
  • Monster's Laugh Floor is moved to DHS.
  • New D-Ticket Tommorowland Ride opens in the old Monsters Laugh Floor Building
Grey is Alice in Wonderland. Dark Green is The Mad Hatter's. Purple is Chesire Cafe. All the Blue is Arendelle.
Pink is Cosmic Ray's. Light Green is Stitch Encounter,Auntie Gravity's, and Venus Traders. Black is New Tommorowland Area.
capture2_by_tcool123-d7t8csz.png

Main Street USA:
  • Mickeys's Phillarmagic opens in Mainstreet Cinema. Mickey is moved to the Exit of Phillarmagic as well with Tinkerbell in smaller rooms.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

tcool

I always thought that Mystic Manor was a new take on the Haunted Mansion.
I think it is, but at the same time I feel it's diffrent enough to be it's own ride in the same park,but Iwould change the scenes that HM has the same objects will be changed to diffrent objects/paintings.

mharrington

Main Street USA:
  • Mickeys's Phillarmagic opens in Mainstreet Cinema. Mickey is moved to the Exit of Phillarmagic as well with Tinkerbell in smaller rooms.
I thought I read that the Town Square Theater, where Mickey does meet-n-greets now, was meant to be a permanent space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom