Should we have an official HHN24 thread to share the news?

JT3000

Scareactors are not allowed to leave the houses until the last guest is confirmed to have gone through. Looks like you, unfortunately, went through at the time of a cast change.

This is always a possibility. I've been through completely empty houses early in the night thanks solely to bad timing. However, having known a number of scareactors, I can also confirm that during unplanned event extensions there have occasionally been times where leaving before the guests did was presented as an option, and many took advantage of it.

Slipknot

This is always a possibility. I've been through completely empty houses early in the night thanks solely to bad timing. However, having known a number of scareactors, I can also confirm that during unplanned event extensions there have occasionally been times where leaving before the guests did was presented as an option, and many took advantage of it.

Of the last five years I've been a scareactor, that has never happened to me nor have I heard from any of my scareactor friends that it did, especially on nights Orange County schools are closed and cause extending closing on Thursday and Friday in late October.

JT3000

Of the last five years I've been a scareactor, that has never happened to me nor have I heard from any of my scareactor friends that it did, especially on nights Orange County schools are closed and cause extending closing on Thursday and Friday in late October.

I doubt it happens often, but it's definitely happened at least once, because I witnessed it myself. But it wasn't until I asked around later that I found out why 3/4 of a cast was missing.

Last edited:

Slipknot

I doubt it happens often, but it's definitely happened at least once, because I witnessed it myself. But it wasn't until I asked around later that I found out why 3/4 of a cast was missing.

I'll give that a few of the scareactors were gone but if it's more than half the house, they'd probably close it to guests (a guess on my park, I admit). The only time I can remember when I was a part of a non-peak night extension, they combined the rest of both cast A and B and we stayed in the house for close to two hours. Other than that, they basically forced everyone to stay the rest of the night, no exceptions, when the night's been extended.

Slipknot

Ok, just asked a friend of mine who has worked HHN the last 19 years and he said it can happen but doesn't happen often. I'm curious though, do you remember what house and when it happened?

mergatroid

Original Poster
Hi there,

a bit off topic but does anyone know how busy the first Saturday (20th September and the 2nd night open) is expected to be? We have to exchange our vouchers for Frequent Fear Passes first also. We were planning on arriving at Universal about 4pm, collecting our FFP's, eating at City Walk or Hard Rock Cafe and start queuing at 5:30pm. Does this sound doable to the veterans or not?

71jason

Hi there,

a bit off topic but does anyone know how busy the first Saturday (20th September and the 2nd night open) is expected to be? We have to exchange our vouchers for Frequent Fear Passes first also. We were planning on arriving at Universal about 4pm, collecting our FFP's, eating at City Walk or Hard Rock Cafe and start queuing at 5:30pm. Does this sound doable to the veterans or not?

Usually not too bad--especially this year with the very early start. Media comes on Friday, so Saturday is just the hard-core HHN fans. If there's a downside, none of them are interested in rides, it's strictly houses and Finnegans. But still should be manageable.

I'm not sure arriving at 4 you can get through customer service and get in and out of HRC by 5:30. Neither is known for being particularly speedy. Good news is outside line shouldn't be too bad, again, most everybody going that night is probably an AP.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Usually not too bad--especially this year with the very early start. Media comes on Friday, so Saturday is just the hard-core HHN fans. If there's a downside, none of them are interested in rides, it's strictly houses and Finnegans. But still should be manageable.

I'm not sure arriving at 4 you can get through customer service and get in and out of HRC by 5:30. Neither is known for being particularly speedy. Good news is outside line shouldn't be too bad, again, most everybody going that night is probably an AP.

Thanks for that, that's really helpful. Will check with Mrs M and see how much she really wants to go to HRC again and if it's a lot, we'll get there earlier. Otherwise we'll just grab a bite at one of the City Walk places and I can hopefully distract her from the various shops there that she drops unsubtle hints at liking various things in that cost more than I'm comfortable spending :eek:

HakunaMatata89

Scareactors are not allowed to leave the houses until the last guest is confirmed to have gone through. Looks like you, unfortunately, went through at the time of a cast change.

not so sure. this happened about 20-45 minutes after the originally planned park closing, it was extended for 1 1/2 -2 hrs due to the amount of guests attending and this happened during that timeframe

draybook

Hi there,

We did the first night last year and we had all of the houses done and still had a little over 2 hours to kill.

mergatroid

Original Poster
We did the first night last year and we had all of the houses done and still had a little over 2 hours to kill.

That sounds great to be honest and would be perfect for us. The thing is we only arrive from the UK on Wednesday night. Saturday the 20th September is only our 3rd full day in Orlando and so our body clocks will still be adjusting to local time. As England is 5 hours ahead of you, getting up early in the morning is no problem for us but staying up late at night can be a struggle at first. We probably won't want to stay til midnight on that first visit due to this factor so hopefully it won't be too busy.

JoeCamel

After 3 full days you will be adjusted and want to party the night away with the ghouls. Just take it easy and sleep in and before you know it you will be one of the night people!

mergatroid

Original Poster
After 3 full days you will be adjusted and want to party the night away with the ghouls. Just take it easy and sleep in and before you know it you will be one of the night people!

Cheers my friend. I know normally we'd be tired as we come over every year, however this year we have a plan. On Thursday we're going to force ourselves to stay up a bit later than we normally would. On Friday we're going to go to the cinema early evening and then eat afterwards, after this and a forced lie in on Saturday morning hopefully we'll be 'adjusted' for the night. And if not we've got the Frequent Fear Pass anyway so have many opportunities to return other nights to complete or repeat the houses which we plan on doing anyway.

danpam1024

So this was on my FB feed-
Construction inside SS 22 - FDTD! Coming along nicely. -mike. What does FDTD mean???
BuDjrouCUAA-TI0.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom