Sony A6000 & SEL 18-105mm G f/4...good enough?

Dragion

Original Poster
Hi...first post and first time going to Walt Disney World.
I'll be going the last week of August with my wife & daughter and we'll be spending 6 days at WDW & 2 days at Universal Studios.

I'm wondering if my Sony A6000 paired with the SELP18105G be "good" enough as a "one~do it all" lens for the parks?
Not sure if it will be sufficient during the low light rides/shows and also a bit short for Animal Kingdom.

I do have a wide angle SEL 10-18mm f/4, SEL 35mm f/1.8, SEL 50mm f/1.8 & SEL 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 if needed.
I would prefer not to be changing lenses during this trip.

Any suggestion and advice will greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

~William

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome to WDWMAGIC!

I really like having an ultra wide in the parks. When you are up so close to things, it is great to be able to get the whole thing in. So I would be really tempted to take the 10-18.

Having said that, I think if you are trying to stay really light, and don't want to switch lenses, the 18-105 will be good for the vast majority of situations.

I would forget trying to do a great job on the dark rides unless you want to dedicate time to do it, and take the necessary gear.

stevejames21

Hi...first post and first time going to Walt Disney World.
I'll be going the last week of August with my wife & daughter and we'll be spending 6 days at WDW & 2 days at Universal Studios.

I'm wondering if my Sony A6000 paired with the SELP18105G be "good" enough as a "one~do it all" lens for the parks?
Not sure if it will be sufficient during the low light rides/shows and also a bit short for Animal Kingdom.

I do have a wide angle SEL 10-18mm f/4, SEL 35mm f/1.8, SEL 50mm f/1.8 & SEL 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 if needed.
I would prefer not to be changing lenses during this trip.

Any suggestion and advice will greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

~William

I would think you would be fine. I just bought an A6000 myself for our trip in September. I was going to use the 16-50 kit zoom only, as after a few thousand pics with it I am pleased with its jpg performance. That lens looks even better and with a great range. The A6000 has "clear zoom" which in my experience is pretty good. That would give you 315mm equivalent. Pretty good range as I was happy with 150 equivalent with the kit zoom. I have decided to take a small camera bag and my SEL 50 1.8 for some night portraits. If I can find the space that is, I would love a side shot as my girl sees the fireworks for the first time. I am sure you'll get some great shots my A6000 amazes me every time I go out with it :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom