Trip Report Protect the Dolls!-Our 1st Anniversary Trip Report!

Jambo everyone! Welcome to another PartOfYourWorld trip report! I am very excited to be writing this report, seeing as we spent a WHOLE WEEK in Walt Disney World!!! We’ll cut right to the chase and get this thing started first with the basics…

Characters: Me-Jess-25 years old, Disney obsessed, who one day dreams of becoming an Imagineer & my husband-Mike-follows along with my Disney craziness & loves DC comics superheroes. We were married just over one year ago at Sea Breeze Point along the Boardwalk, and it was one of the most magical days of our lives! Here is a picture of us from our wedding last year in Disney (this is my favorite and Mom @LuvsTheMouse took it!)
IMG_7655_zpse1a2dc36.jpg

When: May 10th-18th, 2014

Home Sweet Home: Beach Club Resort

We’re Celebrating: Our 1 year wedding Anniversary!!!

Here we go!!!!!!

Saturday May 10th

Our day started at 8 am heading to the airport!!! We were there in plenty of time for our 10:55 am flight!

We were lucky to have a brand new 800 series plane on our flight down to Orlando, and an awesome exit row seat just with the two of us! And we had a really funny flight attendant to boot. Thank you Southwest for an awesome flight!

After waiting forever for our luggage, we were arriving at Disney’s Magical Express!

So so happy to see this sign again!

After a few stops we arrived at the Beach Club!! First time staying here for both of us!

For me I try to savor every second of this moment…walking into a Disney resort for the first time of every trip. It’s one of my favorite moments because you know you are about to have the trip of a lifetime every time!

Peeking up at some rooms!

We went through our check-in process without even going to a front desk. I thought it was pretty amazing. An attendant with his touch pad came up to ask asked us the usual questions,, we had already checked-in online and had our magicbands. He went and got our welcome package and we were on our way to our room in 5 minutes tops! It was really great!

I love the Beach Club Lobby, especially the smell! I loved walking through it every morning and coming home from the parks every night!

We went on our way to Room 3702! It was a decent walk from the elevators but we didn’t mind!

At first when I walked in, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it (it had nothing on the Boardwalk! Boardwalk is still number 1 in my book!) But after a day we loved it and didn’t take long to feel like home!

Double Sink!

I loved these seashell pillows!

Welcome Home Mickey!

mrdrift

Loving the report and I'm still amazed at the quality of your pictures. Can you tell me the F-stop of the 18-135 mm lens you are using. Love the castle pictures from the side. Will continue to follow.

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Great trip report so far! Can't wait to read the rest. I hope the Mine Ride opened while you guys were there.

Thank you!!!!! And sadly, it didn't it opened about 2 days after we left for soft openings :( Something to look forward to next time!

"and he agreed when we got out that Stitch’s sucked."

Couldn't agree more after our family's first time experiencing this "attraction" in early July! Sometimes we all just have to learn the hard way.:) Looks like you had a wonderful trip and I look forward to reading more!

hahaha yep we do! At least they experienced once and we both won't have to go through it again! haha

I must get on the liberty belle at sometime!! Loving all your photos! Makes me feel like I am there. I'm so excited to see the festival of fantasy parade.. It looks so colorful. :)

yes you must!!! It's great for when you just want to relax for a little while

loving this report! I can't believe you have been married for a year! I remember reading your wedding report and thinking "how magical" happy anniversary!

Thank you!!!!! :) And I can't either!!! Time flies!!!!!

love this report!

Loving the report and I'm still amazed at the quality of your pictures. Can you tell me the F-stop of the 18-135 mm lens you are using. Love the castle pictures from the side. Will continue to follow.

Thank you!!! And I apologize I took a closer look at my lens and it's 18-55mm...misread the numbers! It's a Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II :D Thank you again for all the kind words!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Thursday May 15th
Love the detail on the pillows!

We had breakfast at 930 at Akershus in Norway! And we were on our way around 9…it’s so easy when you are staying so close!

So cute!

Just a little overcast this morning

We were ready to eat!

We had to wait a little while before we were called in but that’s okay!

Finally it was our turn to go inside!

Belle…the host!

We were seated in the main room right in front. As soon as we were seated, someone came up to our table…it turned out to be @M&M fan ! We knew we were having breakfast here this morning and I thought they would have been gone by now since their reservation was earlier, so it was a nice surprise to meet her and congratulate her and her husband on their recent wedding! Thank you for coming over to us and I'm glad we've been keeping in touch!!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Our waitress turned out to be from Bergen, Norway…a place we will be visiting on our cruise next year!!! We asked her a little bit about her country, etc. And we can’t wait to go next summer!!!! Now it was time for breakfast and some princesses!!! The food was excellent; no pictures of that though sorry!!!! The princesses were just okay, Ariel was the best though and made the most to talk with us a little bit.

Could you tell I was eating something?

Mike took a little blurry picture

Loved the detail on Cinderella’s dress when she bent down to talk to the little girl behind me..I just had to take a picture!

Just so I know when I go to Norway next year haha

I think the sun was in our eyes a bit…

There was no one in here!

We hung around until 11 so we could go on Maelstrom when it opened! (I hope they don’t turn this into a Frozen ride!)

Can’t wait to actually be in Norway next summer!

I never noticed him before

We decided to wander into Future World since we hadn’t ridden anything there yet, it was also getting hot so I knew the perfect place to hang out for a while….

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster

We got out just in time for our Soarin’ fastpasses to work!

I am just not a huge fan of this ride, but I hope that new video comes soon! It would be nice to see a change.

You can guess where we went next…Spaceship Earth!

Apparently THIS is who I get to spend my future with

It started to rain a little bit, but it wasn’t that bad. We also ran into @plaz10 and Bill for the first time! We would see them again later.

I just love the Flower and Garden festival and wanted to take tons of pictures there!

And I wanted to wait for a monorail!

Daxiegirl

Really, your photos are great! Your hand is so steady and you seem to have an eye for composition (at least to me). Keep them coming!

Love the resort photos-you really make it look romantic and relaxing!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster

Since we still had a lot of time between now and dinner, I had myself (finally!) a rum Pineapple Dole Whip! It was really good, but I’ll stick with the regular Dole Whip!

We decided to take the long way around back to International Gateway and explore each country.

As we approached the American Adventure we spotted @M&M fan and her husband! It was starting to rain again, but it was nice and refreshing. We stood there and talked for awhile and then we kept on walking around World Showcase with our new friends and enjoying the scenery. We stopped at the Katsura Grill so Mike could have some teriyaki chicken.

These ducks were having a good time too

We parted ways in the UK pavilion, exchanging emails and numbers to keep in touch.

Mike and I headed back to the Beach Club to get ready for our dinner at California Grill!!!! We had these two little guys waiting for us, and they are now home with us too hanging out in our bathroom! I just thought they were so cute!

Our purchases from earlier

We got back to our room just in time because it started to pour!

We made sure we left ourselves enough room to get to the Contemporary with transportation because we ended up taking a bus since it was still raining a bit and we didn’t want to walk through EPCOT for the monorail. Once we arrived at the Magic Kingdom the rain was all gone!

Red was taking us to the Contemporary!

We were still early so we walked around for a bit and explored…we also didn’t want to check in too early just incase we got a window seat so we could drag it out and watch Wishes.

I don’t think I’ve ever been out on the observatory deck on the same floor as Chef Mickey’s

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster

So pretty from up here

Caught the monorail going by

It passed right under us!

That was really cool!

It was finally California Grill time!

We were brought up in the elevator by Ariel! (no not the character Ariel, but a girl named Ariel!) It was pretty cool. Pretty much as soon as we got upstairs our table was ready! We didn’t even have time to explore a little. We were surprised of course…we were lead to a table with a Magic Kingdom view!!!!!!

So excited!!!! It was our first time here and we got the best view in the house!

I just couldn’t stop taking pictures!

You could see everything!!!!!!

Our waiter came over and it was pretty cool because he was from Rhode Island..not far from where we are in MA. We talked to him for awhile before we even looked at our menu about where he was from where we were from, etc…he was great!

Bread

Just couldn’t stop!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Loved these lights!

Mike tried this Scottish beer which was really good!

I really liked how this picture came out of the two of us…celebrating our 1 year anniversary!

I just felt like having a simple Vodka & Cranberry

The sky was turning wicked pretty…it was going to be a great sunset!

We shared an appetizer…I believe the Caprese Tomato Flatbread? It was suuuuper yummy!!!! My mouth is starting to water…

Mike and I both had the Filet of Beef for our Entrée…OMG best filet EVER…a million times better than LeCellier’s……. @blackthidot you would be proud of me to say that.

We made sure to try to eat very slow…one I wanted to savor every bite of that filet and I wanted to stay for fireworks. It actually made us less full to so we could enjoy our dessert. We didn’t feel so bad though because there was these two ladies sitting a few tables from us that had a window seat and they stared at their dessert plate for over an hour just so they could see fireworks. We thought that was pretty funny. Glad we weren’t the only ones!

For dessert, Mike ordered some kind of Jasmine tea (which was really good by the way and the best tea I’ve ever had) and the vanilla crème brulee.

I had the Sundae sampler and you can see another full drink to keep me through to fireworks!

These desserts were so cute I just had to take pictures of them individually!

Coke Float! Which actually tasted like root beer? Maybe it was just me haha

Caramel Corn! (I think this was my favorite one!)

The Electrical Parade was going across the 7 seas lagoon! It was so cool seeing it from up here!

Our waiter Eric (funny how his name was Eric, we got brought up in an elevator by Ariel & waited on by Eric! haha) got a nice picture of us! The castle even made it in the picture!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Finally, it was time for Wishes to start! I got a few good pics! But I mostly enjoyed it watching it from atop of the Contemporary!

My favorite part of Wishes!

We paid our bill and headed out to the observatories on top of the California Grill the views were beautiful!

Can you spot Spaceship Earth over there? I thought that was really cool!

Mike wanted to take a picture of me in front of the castle

We made our way back down to the monorail for our ride to the Magic Kingdom to catch a bus back to the Beach Club! We had a great dinner and can’t wait to eat there sometime again!

Look! Where we just ate at…from the monorail!

So this next shot is pretty awesome if I do say so myself and I completely caught it by accident…I didn’t realize it until I was taking the picture and saw it in the camera! I caught the end of Celebrate the Magic fireworks behind the Main Street Station!

There ended up being a Boardwalk bus there with no wait, while the Yacht & Beach Club had a very long wait so we opted for the Boardwalk bus and walked back!

We called it a night and headed to bed. Only two more full days left but we were trying not to dwell on that fact! We were having a great time!

Stay tuned for more!!!!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Trying to catch up...

LOVE the parade pics thanks for posting so many!! They are gorgeous!!

I would have died to have a Star Wars lunch! Looks like it was a blast.

Thank you!!!!!! There will be more to come of Festival of Fantasy don't worry!!!!

Star Wars lunch was awesome!!!

Really, your photos are great! Your hand is so steady and you seem to have an eye for composition (at least to me). Keep them coming!

Love the resort photos-you really make it look romantic and relaxing!

Thank you again!!!! I always try to get different pictures or different angles each trip since I have so many pictures from WDW! I have been getting better though I've noticed so thank you for the compliments!!! :)

mrdrift

Very beautiful night out for dinner. The sunset is what my wife loves to see anytime she can and with the clouds it made it perfect. Thanks for the dinner pictures, you are really making me hungry and its only 6:25 in the morning while I read this report. Glad to hear that you a wonderful time at the California Grill, it's on my list for our next trip. Following for the last couple days to come.

CtDisneyGuy33

AWESOME! We have reservations at Cali Grille in September and none of us have ever been. We have rsvps close to the time for WISHES so we can only hope for such an experience as you guys had! I'm with you - Filet and Sundae Flight but I will take an Innis and Gunn too!!

Great trip report and pics!

PolynesianPrincess

LOVE the pics from Cali Grill! Makes me even more excited to eat there in November!! :) Doesn't matter if we do the week at WDW or we do a week on the cruise, we will still get to have Cali Grill!

So weird with the Ariel and Eric thing! WHat are the chances?! Considering Ariel is NOT a common name at all!

Mike's face on SSE cracked me up! He's a silly guy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom