Anyone have any stories about rude guests getting their "just desserts"

disney4life2008

It really is too bad this thread was revived. Not liking the vilification of the Brazilians. I must say that I have been going to WDW for many years and I have yet to encounter these Brazilian groups. I'm not saying that rude, obnoxious people don't exist, I've encountered my share at Disney, too...it just bothers me when a whole culture is painted with a very negative paintbrush.
Last summer I was eating in restaurant in Yarmouth, MA. when a bus filled with Brazilian tourists pulled in. These people came in, sat down, ordered their food - they ate and laughed and appeared to have a good time just like anyone on vacation would.
-T

LOL you must have never been to disneyworld during the brazillian takeover. Book a trip for the month of January and you will come across the most obnoxious, loud, arrogant kids you ever been around. And the chanting, screaming, hollering makes it a very unpleasant situation for everyone else. Fantasmic! is the worst - the chant the brazillian motto over and over again. While I agree its unfortunate for them to be targeted - it is well deserved.

I_heart_Tigger

LOL you must have never been to disneyworld during the brazillian takeover. Book a trip for the month of January and you will come across the most obnoxious, loud, arrogant kids you ever been around. And the chanting, screaming, hollering makes it a very unpleasant situation for everyone else. Fantasmic! is the worst - the chant the brazillian motto over and over again. While I agree its unfortunate for them to be targeted - it is well deserved.

I feel your pain however you would have to replace every Brazilian reference with a cheerleader one.

I was once heading to my locker at MK and found the floor blocked by a group of cheerleaders. They were sitting on the floor with their legs stretched out one to the left, the next to the right - about 8 or 9 of them fully covering the floor.

I said excuse me twice and they looked at me then kept laughing and talking. I ended up stepping over their legs to get to my locker, got my stuff out then had to step over their legs to get back.

One girl lifted her leg tripping me and I fell forward into another girls knee and smashed it on the pavement. It felt like it twisted to the side. I imagine it hurt pretty bad. She screamed in pain but luckily the cheerleaders broke my fall and I wasn't hurt.

They all started crying because they were supposed to compete the next day. A CM saw the whole thing and came over to see if I was ok.

Another thing from the same trip --- I was in line for ToT with my friends son who was the only one brave enough to do the ride with me.

A group of cheerleaders pushed their way past us to the empty fountain area and climbed on it chanting and dancing. A few people asked them to be quiet and they gave them the finger and shook their butts at them and responded with some pretty vulgar language.

They had a couple friends still in line and when they saw their friends moving up further they jumped off the fountain to push their way back into the line and two of them managed to smash their heads together.

People cracked up. No sympathy for those two.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I had the displeasure of being at DHS when ALL the South American school groups of teenagers (there are 50-80 kids per group) showed up and basically took over the entire park. Completed my last FP+ and quickly left to return to my resort. Nothing worse than listening to 20+ of them dinging all the bell hop bells in the gift shop at ToT.

DfromATX

My beef with the Brazilians is mostly due to there being SO MANY of them. I will never go back in July because of them (ok, them and the heat). I've never encountered actual rudeness I guess, but the chanting is annoying. Imagine if hoards of Americans went somewhere else and chanted, "USA!, USA!" We'd probably be attacked or thrown out.

DfromATX

You mean "BRA-SIL, BRA-SIL," clap clap clap? LOL I've been in Fantasmic when Brazilians and some other South American country (don't remember which one) were battling it out.

Anariaca

Not so much a 'just desserts' story or even happening at Disney, but it does involve the Brazilians.

I was with my cousin and her husband at Universal in early July of last year.

They wanted to ride the Simpsons ride, and were about to get in line for it when all of a sudden the 'zilians knocked her off balance as they rushed in--hootin', hollerin', chanting and all that good stuff (it was wild, didn't even see them coming). I'm more of a relaxed individual, but my cousin put a mighty impressive string of expletives together as she got up and went to go to talk to Guest Services, and she got some Express Passes for her trouble.

I don't really care for either huge group be they Brazilian or cheerleader or large family reunion group, as they tend to develop a mob mentality--if one starts acting stupid, it becomes a domino effect (I've seen this several times at Uni or Disney). But if they're acting civilized and not like chimpanzees amped off of Red Bull and bath salts, it's smooth sailing.

Last edited:
me and 2 of my baseball teammates were eating at Casey's corner and we were sitting down on a late November day and it was kind of crowded. and we were on our phones and looking at what we were gonna do next. and an older lady comes up and is screaming at us to get up because we were done. and we said okay. and asked another family if they need a table and gave them it and walked off and she was eating by a trash can

Aurora1

I wonder what would happen in the Fantasmic theater during this chant battle would have started a USA chant.

we were there in early July when this sort of happened... Argentina was screaming and singing during the little pre-show games and a section all the way towards the right started shouting USA... it took a while for all of that to die down haha

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The only problems i've had with Brazilian tour groups was sleeping in that long hallway in EPCOT and chanting DURING illuminations.

Other than those two times, I didn't even see them the rest of the day.

yaksplat

I was on the Haunted Mansion and there were two obnoxious girls. In the stretching room they were both saying each line as the audio played. As soon as the wall opened, they rushed though and dove under the rope to cut ahead of a bunch of people. A CM yelled at them and sent them back in line. They were still ahead of us at that point and continued to be obnoxious through the entire ride.

After the ride completed, both of them had been pulled off to the side by a few CMs and both girls were sobbing uncontrollably, saying "....please don't take it..."

I'm not sure what happened, but my guess was they got an annual pass revoked for line jumping.

FettFan

It really is too bad this thread was revived. Not liking the vilification of the Brazilians. I must say that I have been going to WDW for many years and I have yet to encounter these Brazilian groups. I'm not saying that rude, obnoxious people don't exist, I've encountered my share at Disney, too...it just bothers me when a whole culture is painted with a very negative paintbrush.
Last summer I was eating in restaurant in Yarmouth, MA. when a bus filled with Brazilian tourists pulled in. These people came in, sat down, ordered their food - they ate and laughed and appeared to have a good time just like anyone on vacation would.
-T

Perhaps you should experience a Brazilian Tour Group made up of teenagers and pre-teens at Disney.
It definitely isn't Yarmouth.

Pixie VaVoom

Not so much a 'just desserts' story or even happening at Disney, but it does involve the Brazilians.

I was with my cousin and her husband at Universal in early July of last year.

They wanted to ride the Simpsons ride, and were about to get in line for it when all of a sudden the 'zilians knocked her off balance as they rushed in--hootin', hollerin', chanting and all that good stuff (it was wild, didn't even see them coming). I'm more of a relaxed individual, but my cousin put a mighty impressive string of expletives together as she got up and went to go to talk to Guest Services, and she got some Express Passes for her trouble.

I don't really care for either huge group be they Brazilian or cheerleader or large family reunion group, as they tend to develop a mob mentality--if one starts acting stupid, it becomes a domino effect (I've seen this several times at Uni or Disney). But if they're acting civilized and not like chimpanzees amped off of Red Bull and bath salts, it's smooth sailing.

Yeah - i hate it when it turns into just another poo flingin' day in the jungle !!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom