Avatar construction aerial updates

Tom

Beta Return
the pour can be walked on in 24 hours, but will not reach full load strength until about 28 days in

And they will most certainly wait until test cylinders break at full strength, given the immense loads these foundations will bear. Of course, I haven't had a cylinder reach full strength any later than 7 days in years. Modern concrete technology is quite impressive.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Florida must have some seriously steep beaches and shores.
Hallelujah.JPG

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I wish you guys would talk on our level once in while ;)
"Slump" is essentially how stiff of thick the concrete is. Different applications require different levels of slump. To think and the concrete will not work its way around the forms and rebar. To thin and it looses strength.

4000 PSI concrete refers to the stress it can take before failing. 4000 PSI concrete will takes about 4000 lbs per square inch.

You will typically see 2.5k-3k used in driveways, sidewalks, house slabs, etc.

3.5K concrete is used for applications where significant loading is expected. It is most commonly used for things like paving curbs, where heavy traffic may drive on the surface, building footings, bond beams, grade beams, and floor slabs where heavy loads may be moved or stored.

4k concrete is used for heavy traffic pavement, heavy use slabs like shops and warehouses, and concrete footings designed to support heavy loads.

5k and higher concrete mixes are usually used for specialized construction projects where high impact resistances, very low wear rates, or extreme conditions are expected.

"Hydrating the load" is adding water to a load of concrete while it is waiting to be poured. Concrete starts setting from the moment is mixed. The manufacture will adjust the formula based on how long it will be from the time the truck leaves the yard until the concrete gets poured. When that time is exceeded, the driver has to add water or risk loosing the batch.

ABQ

OK, so keeping things in terms of what one would see around WDW....are monorail pylons 4K? or just the legendary footings? What of the legs holding up SSE, I know I saw some pic where they appeared to be steel skeletons, but were they wrapped in concrete later? What attraction around the property has the deepest poured support?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom