Trip Report Doing it Live One Last Time! It's Our "Let's Try Some New Things" Summer Adventure to Disney World

Since its already after nine and we are getting up at 2:45 for our drive from the Lehigh Valley to the Philadelphia airport, I figured I'd get the beginning details of our trip posted.

Our flight is scheduled for 6:50 am arriving in Orlando at 9:20. Ive been looking all week on the SWA site, and it has shown this flight arriving early each morning this week!

Our first resort is AKL. We plan on dropping off the kid's carry on bags at bell services, trying to check-in, then heading straight to the MK. We have FP+ for Peter Pan at 12:30, followed by lunch at the Plaza at 1. After lunch, we have FP+ for SDMT and Space Mountain. Crystal and I were able to ride the mine train twice during the 24 hours in May, but that was an adults only trip (really wish I had done a live TR for that trip), so this will be a first for Brayden and Madelyn.

We have a week long stay planned at AKL before moving to GF for a week and finishing up a relaxing resort only stay at YC. We never just did resort only activities in WDW, so this will be a first for us.

Other firsts this trip will be both water parks, La Nouba, and Harambe Nights. We also have The Frozen activities planned in HS.

We are trying a few new restaurants as well. As I stated in the countdown thread, we have no plans on a trip to WDW or DL anytime soon. We really want to see and do many of the things we always talk about, but somehow never end up doing.

Have a good night everyone, and I'll be posting as time allows in the morning. Really excited for this trip!

coachwnh

Original Poster
The view of some of the animals from our balcony right now

IMG_2663.JPG

Zoom in a little more

IMG_2664.JPG

disneypearl

Not sure what I'm more impressed by - the number of mini-m&m's, or that they still make minis. They must be the baking ones, cause I never see the tubes anymore. Man those were great, you could pop the top and shovel em in.

I find the mini M&Ms in the candy isle at Target by the movie sized candy.

Now I want to decorate cookies! They looked delicious. :)

DisSplash

Loved your pic of the Yeti! And cookie decorating is always fun -- my kids loved doing that at the Shades of Green two visits ago. You could hardly call them cookies after all of the stuff they glopped on them tho ...

coachwnh

Original Poster
Even though back to back FP+ attractions are down for us, we can't add another until after 7 when mine train expires. With dinner at 7:30, FP+ options for tonight might not be so good. We do have the paper pass from Space and will be able to go on main train later if it died reopen however. So it's not all bad. Still having a good time.
:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom