5th Pirates of the Caribbean movie

Rteetz

Jim Hill said that this will be the last pirates movie Johnny Depp doesn't want to do anymore. He also said it was supposed to come out earlier like around the same time Jurassic World was but Disney said lets move it so it doesn't have to compete with that. The script was also supposedly getting rewritten at that time as well.

WelshBatman

They just had to wait until they had the right story... as I understand it now the story involvesJack Sparrow having to search for some fingertips he lost while sailing around on the Black Pearl...

GrumpyFan

Interesting that Jerry Bruckheimer is back to produce it. I thought he and Disney had parted ways.

I'll have to wait for the trailers to decide on this one. I expect it will be a big bang kind of film, since it's the last.
I'm just wondering how long though before they re-boot the series and move the timeline to start before "Curse of the Black Pearl". I would kind of like to see a young Jack Sparrow and his mis-adventures leading up to that.

Magenta Panther

Actually, I'd love to see another Pirates film - as long as it's GOOD. One that doesn't have a convoluted plot and gives Depp more to do than stagger around and mug.

And I agree with Grumpyfan - a film that delves into Jack's past could be awesome.

RobUK

I quite like the Pirates films, but like most find that they get worse as they go on. Lets hope they live by some rules:

1. Take all the characters they write into the script and remove 1/3 of them. The more people in the film the less you learn about those that matter, therefore the worse it becomes;
2. Keep the story simple. Spend time making the world exciting. Let us disappear into their environment and lose ourselves for a few hours rather than sitting confused about what the heck is going on;
3. Limit Johnny Depp's over-characterisation. He's become a parody of a parody;
4. Don't get too 'clever'. Retain quirkiness, by all means, but don't bung something in the film that doesn't make sense, bear any importance to the plot, or lend itself to clever foreshadowing;
5. If it is going to be the final installment then finish it properly, rather than leaving it open-ended just incase Disney needs something to dig up in the future for a quick buck

NMBC1993

I quite like the Pirates films, but like most find that they get worse as they go on. Lets hope they live by some rules:

1. Take all the characters they write into the script and remove 1/3 of them. The more people in the film the less you learn about those that matter, therefore the worse it becomes;
2. Keep the story simple. Spend time making the world exciting. Let us disappear into their environment and lose ourselves for a few hours rather than sitting confused about what the heck is going on;
3. Limit Johnny Depp's over-characterisation. He's become a parody of a parody;
4. Don't get too 'clever'. Retain quirkiness, by all means, but don't bung something in the film that doesn't make sense, bear any importance to the plot, or lend itself to clever foreshadowing;
5. If it is going to be the final installment then finish it properly, rather than leaving it open-ended just incase Disney needs something to dig up in the future for a quick buck

I completely agree with the list above, especially #1. One of my big problems with At World's End is the fact that they have a whole plot devoted to "The Pirate Lords" that proceed to not do anything other then spend the whole final battle in boats tied to the docks. Why were they even there? The only thing that happened in that scene was Elizabeth became king of the pirates...which did nothing for the plot.

Other than the third film, I actually liked the rest of the series and am excited to see #5 when it's released...but it was really smart of Disney to wait a while before they release it. I think Pirates needs to be out of everyone's mind before we see another rum soaked romp with Captain Jack.

Matt_Black

I completely agree with the list above, especially #1. One of my big problems with At World's End is the fact that they have a whole plot devoted to "The Pirate Lords" that proceed to not do anything other then spend the whole final battle in boats tied to the docks. Why were they even there? The only thing that happened in that scene was Elizabeth became king of the pirates...which did nothing for the plot.

On the other hand, we got to see Keith Richards as a pirate, so I think we all came out ahead on that one.

Donillary Crumpton

I'm just happy Orlando Bloom is back, Depp needs a straight man.
Which poses the question of how will Bloom's character tie-in to this 5th installment. There are many possibilities, considering he now holds Davy Jones' job of ferrying souls to the next life... and now we have what appear to be "ghost pirates" as antagonists in this new movie. Should be interesting as to how it all comes together.

And has there been any word on the mermaid & priest who's story was kinda left hanging open at the end of On Stranger Tides?

Fox&Hound

I kinda figured the trailer would not bank on Depp due to his current PR problems. This looks good, hope it is better than the last for sure...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom