Ellen's Energy Adventure update?

HappilyEverAfter71

Original Poster
Please feel free to move this if it's in the wrong spot or direct me to another thread if this has already been discussed. But I've thought in many recent years that this attraction needs a pretty big facelift. At least in terms of the video parts of the attraction. Sometimes it just seems kind of painfully outdated (and really long). So is there any word or info on if the attraction will have any sort of update in the future?

kap91

If all the effects were reinstated and the info updated a bit it'd be great. I for one think longer attractions are better and it has always been one of my favorites - especially the score. I imagine that it will be updated sooner or later and I think it's been anticipated and didn't happen a few times because large effects weren't fixed presumably with the idea being "why fix them if were just going to close soon anyway?" Obviously such things didn't happen

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I wouldn't worry about Ellen. At least it's open and still entertaining for first-timers. I'd focus on things that aren't even being used.... *Cough WoL cough cough*

kap91

Nah.

How hard is it to fix a pair of curtains?

For example.
Apparently very hard because the number of times they (well before they removed them) and others break on property is staggering

I was talking more the giant steel doors between rooms that are currently not working. The last time they broke it took ages before they were repaired and it was right around the time the pavilion lost sponsorship. Figured they were waiting for something. That or they're really difficult to fix.

kap91

What? The dividing doors (the ones that raise out of the floor) aren't currently working???

They (2/3) weren't the last time I rode it in late June. Prior to that the one that always seems to have trouble between the entrance theatre and the dinosaur scene wasn't working months ago. I assume it wasn't fixed in the meanwhile and broke again, but it's possible considering that's the one that usually breaks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That is disgusting.

There are two doors between theatre two and one but even so. Audio will leak and show is really bad.

There's one door between theatre one and the diorama and one between the diorama and theatre two. For any to be broken for a length of time is unbelievably bad. Can anyone verify this?

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
What we need here is to totally throw out all celebrities! Just make it generic again like the old show.
However what's more important is sponsorship... Hey, Disney! Get FPL (Florida Power & Light) on the phone!

HappilyEverAfter71

Original Poster
If all the effects were reinstated and the info updated a bit it'd be great. I for one think longer attractions are better and it has always been one of my favorites - especially the score. I imagine that it will be updated sooner or later and I think it's been anticipated and didn't happen a few times because large effects weren't fixed presumably with the idea being "why fix them if were just going to close soon anyway?" Obviously such things didn't happen
I don't mind too, too much that it's long. It's nice to be able to site for an extended period of time when you've been walking around for so long.

Mike S

That is disgusting.

There are two doors between theatre two and one but even so. Audio will leak and show is really bad.

There's one door between theatre one and the diorama and one between the diorama and theatre two. For any to be broken for a length of time is unbelievably bad. Can anyone verify this?
So that's why I've been hearing the other scenes on my last few rides? I've been wondering about that for a long time. Thanks for the info.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

If they used high tech projections like they use for Celebrate the Magic that that alone would make an incredible difference. I didn't really mind Ellen and Billny, I can think of many worse hosts and using non character hosts and using regular celebrities playing themselves is the perfect way to host an expo attraction at a place where Disney characters don't belong. That said they still should update the film. But I am going to keep quiet because if I say to much they might have Idina Menzel host the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom