WDWMAGIC Takes the Cake - The Official Cake Talk

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
@HouCuseChickie you seem to be the resident cake pro :) I emailed wdw.magickingdomcakes@disney.com for a mini cake for my daughter for her birthday dinner at BOG with the following request: I would like the Minnie princess 2 tier mini cake but I would like it to look as if Minnie is dressed as Belle. I would like the top tier to look as if it is the bodice of the dress like the attached picture and then the bottom tier to just be a continuation of the dress with the ribbon bunting being the highlight of the tier with a couple of the classic belle red roses on the dress. I would love if Minnie could have just her classic bow but in yellow to match the dress with a small tiara in the front middle of the bow. I provided the below pictures (ones that I had found on this thread) as examples of the bodice and dress bunting that I was referring to. I received a response that to be quite honest has me taken back.

The response I received was:
I heard back from the bakery and unfortunately due to the complexity of the request we cannot accommodate this in a ‘mini cake’. They can do this in a larger cake if you wish, but it would be much grander. Let me know what you decide and I will be happy to assist!

WHAT???!!! all of these intricate cakes I've seen on here and they are saying they cant make it look like belle's dress? So I responded and said:
I am wondering, what bakery did you request the cake from? I suppose my confusion is because the examples given were cakes that were created by Disney and both mini cakes. I have also seen many of the mini cakes done in far more intricate detail, can you ask them if there is something they can suggest that would be both belle princess themed and a mini two-tier cake? I am open to both tiers just being yellow with some lighter color yellow lines drawn on to appear as the ribbons from her dress and I'm not opposed to taking away the tiara, I guess knowing what the specific issue is would help me come up with a more suited design for the cakes size. there will only be three of us and one of us does not eat cake so I would hate to waste so much cake by having to order a bigger cake. I am open to suggestions that they may have but I would think that they would be able to accommodate at least a yellow mini cake with a couple of the ribbons from the Dress on both tiers. I suppose I'm just a little taken back by the refusal with seeing so many other recently done cakes of more intricate detail. Please let me know if I should perhaps reach out to a different bakery within WDW that can handle the more intricate designs that I have seen done or if this bakery has some suggestions that would be helpful.

Her response:
This was a response from the Disney bakery that handles all the cake requests for the Magic Kingdom. I do know they used to do more intricate mini cakes but have stopped for the most part. I have seen if there is any way they can accommodate your request and I will let you know what they say. My apologies for the inconvenience.

SO, I guess I will wait and see what they come back with...sorry for the lengthy post, I just couldn't believe this :( I have been so disappointed with my experience with WDW so far, wishing for some of the "magic" so many others rave about!! Not a great first timer experience so far though.

Oh and in case I didnt mention, this was the "Minnie princess mini 2 tier" I was referring to

@HouCuseChickie

Sadly, this seems to be the new normal with the Contemporary bakery- at least for mini wedding cakes. If you go to pg 17 in this thread (post 330), you'll see the confirmation I posted on their new stance on elaborate minis. All of the other bakeries seem to be OK with them. I was really hoping that they'd change their minds now that Chef Brian is back, but he's always preferred 8" or larger when doing elaborate decorations. I also added a note on pg 1 post 2 about the issue, but it may have only been saved to the Contemporary bakery section. I'm sorry they're not being very accommodating with this...but it does seem to be rooted in this policy change.

I'm unable to see the pics, but if you're able to post them in publicly visible format I can try and come up with some suggestions.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
OK- I've been bad...I haven't been on here in a while. I promise you that I have been scoping out cakes, I'm just spending a lot of my free time working out...and it's working. WOOHOO!

First off, I have a cake that was made by an offsite bakery.
http://www.chachasdelights.com/
They also did some Disney sugar cookies for the people.

I have to say, while I wish the edible wallpaper on the cake had hidden edges...I think it's pretty darn good. No clue on the cost though.

And now for a Frozen cake. Mind you, I am not caught up in all of this Frozen mania so I'm sort of filtering the Frozen cakes at this point, but I liked this one because it had the glow elements.
B735F30B-87FC-4F1E-95A3-4A4880F1EC46.jpg

This one was done by the GF.

This was the wedding cake posted on the Disney Wedding blog last week. Interesting choice to have Wreck it Ralph on your wedding cake...
WreckIt.png

WreckIt2.png

This week's cake was not as fun...
b16f58ebf6fa6270e78242957af541a7.jpg

So, it's been slow with cakes of late, so I've been looking to outside ideas. I saw this Cinderella themed wedding cake yesterday and realized the hatter tiers could inspire a special occasion cake.
cindy-hatter.jpg

I mean, none of the bakeries are likely to agree to make the carriage, but the hatter layers could easily be turned into a single tiered Cindy themed cake.

OK- and finally...I think I've come up with my cake for me and DH. I haven't sketched anything...in fact, I don't think I will. Still, if you are good with visuals...here's my idea...

DH's fave character is Stitch and as many of you know, mine's Donald. We are not super romantic people, and our fave characters are both male, so we are going to ask them to do a 2D edible image of angry Donald blowing his top and yelling at a uniform clad Stitch armed with his little blasters ready to fire. I want the cake to be Hatter shaped and I want the cake to be steam punk meets nautical design. The steam punk factors into that futuristic aspect of Stitch and the nautical with Donald's sailor suit. Hopefully, there will be no issues as I'm probably going to work with the GF this time.

afm81986

Sadly, this seems to be the new normal with the Contemporary bakery- at least for mini wedding cakes. If you go to pg 17 in this thread (post 330), you'll see the confirmation I posted on their new stance on elaborate minis. All of the other bakeries seem to be OK with them. I was really hoping that they'd change their minds now that Chef Brian is back, but he's always preferred 8" or larger when doing elaborate decorations. I also added a note on pg 1 post 2 about the issue, but it may have only been saved to the Contemporary bakery section. I'm sorry they're not being very accommodating with this...but it does seem to be rooted in this policy change.

I'm unable to see the pics, but if you're able to post them in publicly visible format I can try and come up with some suggestions.

:( dang I thought I'd read through the whole thread...and missed the most important part :( lol
I'm really hoping that they will accommodate but really I could always go with the option they gave me and just have them do the entire thing yellow and her hat (is that what that thing is called?) yellow and I'm sure my daughter would get the hint that it was belle :) they did give me 3 options for the mini cakes idk if that's new I seen it was only the Mickey delight option when they first cut off customization but they are now offering flowers in the color of your choice cascading down in a slanted spiral as well as two Mickey styles I'd assume to fit both girl and boy customers... so I'm going to try to upload those now, hopefully they come through. Also going to try to upload the pics I sent her again too in my original email

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 85

afm81986

:( dang I thought I'd read through the whole thread...and missed the most important part :( lol
I'm really hoping that they will accommodate

I just noticed that she didn't send a sample pic of the flower cake and I was imagining the cascading lol all that she said was 'Mickey cake,Minnie princess cake, or flowers in a color of your choice' so idk I'm assuming they would do whatever design you wanted with the flowers? Or maybe not idk... I reaaaalllyyy don't want a nasty cake lol I'd rather it be custom baked

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 100

afm81986

@HouCuseChickie just wanted to update you with my good news :) I heard back from the bakery and they are going to accommodate my second request and do the main cake in yellow with lighter yellow swags for the dress ribbons on both tiers with a red rose and Minnie ears hat on top with a yellow bow. I am satisfied with this solution and can't wait to see how it turns out! For me the most important priority was having the cake at BOG since that ADR was on my DD's actual birthday and we will be having dinner in Beasts castle and since Belle is her favorite princess to me it just HAD to be at this ADR. She likes Minnie but really it's not been her thing since she was smaller so this I feel is a good way to get the taste of a custom cake for our small family of 3, not break the bank or waste cake, and still get the Belle theme that I wanted. So it looks like if you push hard enough or are willing to simplify your design they might accommodate someone's custom request....notice the word might lol but never hurts to ask! :)

wilkeliza

I stalked this thread and one on another forum and am so glad you found you guys. We were in the world from June 20-23 for DBF birthday celebration. He turned 27 on the 19th and we wanted a friend filled adult Disney trip. We were staying at the Yacht Club which gave him his perfect reason for finally making it over to Yachtsman Steakhouse. Since he already splurged on himself by getting club level and pretty much everything else he wanted I had to scramble for a surprise. Well a cake was perfect and something neither of us had ever done for each other at WDW. So I called a little over a week before and requested a teal 6" fondant cake with a 2D propped up Stitch playing the ukulele . I had no clue what the cake was going to look like but as long as it had the things I requested I thought it was going to be fine.

Fast forward to the day of the reservation at Yachtsman and the surprise. Luckily he decided he wanted to go to the pool with our friends so I was able to sneak away while we were all at the pool and call to confirm everything. I am so glad I called. When I did they just asked for my name and looked it up. The nice lady on the phone goes "Oh yes we have you confirmed for a 10pm pick up at Art of Animation for a 10" Mickey Cake" my jaw dropped. I was like um there is absolutely nothing right about that cake! I said I ordered a 6" teal fondant cake with a chocolate Stitch for the Yachtsman at 6pm. She asked me to give her a second and she would double check. She puts me on hold and I am freaking out. My big surprise felt ruined. Well luckily she comes back and says "Sweetheart I am so sorry for giving you a heart attack. There is another person staying on property with your name and they also ordered a cake. We do have you confirmed for the cake you described at Yachtsman." At that point I laughed and was like what are the odds. My name is a pretty common combination and I even grew up a few neighborhoods away from a girl with my same name which use to cause problems at the library. I just never would have thought another woman with my name would have ordered a cake for the same day.

With all that over I enjoyed the rest of the day. At dinner time everything was great and we had a lot of fun. Finally cake time. The brought it out and it was perfection for us. I know the DBF loved teal but he has a favorite color that flip flops all the time. A few days before the trip he mentioned his current favorite was Orange. Well it was too late to call and change the cake so I was like ok teal will work. Well the cake comes out and like magic it had orange on it.

All in all the cake wasn't a difficult or complex custom but it was exactly what I needed to surprise him. He was so surprised and although I know he has had grander better tasting cakes he said it was his favorite in his 26 years of cakes.

Attachments

• stitch.jpg
    stitch.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 126

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
@HouCuseChickie just wanted to update you with my good news :) I heard back from the bakery and they are going to accommodate my second request and do the main cake in yellow with lighter yellow swags for the dress ribbons on both tiers with a red rose and Minnie ears hat on top with a yellow bow. I am satisfied with this solution and can't wait to see how it turns out! For me the most important priority was having the cake at BOG since that ADR was on my DD's actual birthday and we will be having dinner in Beasts castle and since Belle is her favorite princess to me it just HAD to be at this ADR. She likes Minnie but really it's not been her thing since she was smaller so this I feel is a good way to get the taste of a custom cake for our small family of 3, not break the bank or waste cake, and still get the Belle theme that I wanted. So it looks like if you push hard enough or are willing to simplify your design they might accommodate someone's custom request....notice the word might lol but never hurts to ask! :)

I'm so glad that they are willing to work with you. I think you hit the nail on the head...at least for the Contemporary. Simplifying a more custom design is likely what helped sway them. We've done several 8" cakes and we wind up with so much cake left over. So, I can understand not wanting to waste cake. Regardless, good to know that they're willing to bend a little. I doubt they'd be willing to make the mini I had made back in September, but this is encouraging news :) Please share your cake pics after your trip and I hope your DD has an amazing Disney bday!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I stalked this thread and one on another forum and am so glad you found you guys. We were in the world from June 20-23 for DBF birthday celebration. He turned 27 on the 19th and we wanted a friend filled adult Disney trip. We were staying at the Yacht Club which gave him his perfect reason for finally making it over to Yachtsman Steakhouse. Since he already splurged on himself by getting club level and pretty much everything else he wanted I had to scramble for a surprise. Well a cake was perfect and something neither of us had ever done for each other at WDW. So I called a little over a week before and requested a teal 6" fondant cake with a 2D propped up Stitch playing the ukulele . I had no clue what the cake was going to look like but as long as it had the things I requested I thought it was going to be fine.

Fast forward to the day of the reservation at Yachtsman and the surprise. Luckily he decided he wanted to go to the pool with our friends so I was able to sneak away while we were all at the pool and call to confirm everything. I am so glad I called. When I did they just asked for my name and looked it up. The nice lady on the phone goes "Oh yes we have you confirmed for a 10pm pick up at Art of Animation for a 10" Mickey Cake" my jaw dropped. I was like um there is absolutely nothing right about that cake! I said I ordered a 6" teal fondant cake with a chocolate Stitch for the Yachtsman at 6pm. She asked me to give her a second and she would double check. She puts me on hold and I am freaking out. My big surprise felt ruined. Well luckily she comes back and says "Sweetheart I am so sorry for giving you a heart attack. There is another person staying on property with your name and they also ordered a cake. We do have you confirmed for the cake you described at Yachtsman." At that point I laughed and was like what are the odds. My name is a pretty common combination and I even grew up a few neighborhoods away from a girl with my same name which use to cause problems at the library. I just never would have thought another woman with my name would have ordered a cake for the same day.

With all that over I enjoyed the rest of the day. At dinner time everything was great and we had a lot of fun. Finally cake time. The brought it out and it was perfection for us. I know the DBF loved teal but he has a favorite color that flip flops all the time. A few days before the trip he mentioned his current favorite was Orange. Well it was too late to call and change the cake so I was like ok teal will work. Well the cake comes out and like magic it had orange on it.

All in all the cake wasn't a difficult or complex custom but it was exactly what I needed to surprise him. He was so surprised and although I know he has had grander better tasting cakes he said it was his favorite in his 26 years of cakes.

LOVE the cake!!!!! And what a story! Wow! I definitely would have had that heart attack moment if that happened to me. Knowing me- I probably would have started crying! Seriously though, what are the odds of something like that happening!?!?!? Also great how the orange was incorporated as well. I know the cakes can vary in taste, but the impact of the gesture (i.e. a custom cake at WDW) is very strong. Glad it was a great birthday experience :)

Beau Butler

@HouCuseChickie, I have read all 24 pages of this blog! Really impressive stuff, so grateful for all your hard work. This is my first attempt at a custom WDW cake. I have a plan drawn up, just not sure who to contact with the idea. So I thought I'd ask for your input. Below is the message I have sent an Email and and left on the Cake Hotline VM. I've heard nothing back in a week!

"We are planning to have my Son's Birthday/Graduation dinner at HS Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater on Wednesday, July 30, 2014 @ 8:05 PM and would like to have a cake delivered there. My son is a Nostalgic Walt Disney and 1950's fan and has a favorite picture of Walt and characters from a 1958 TV Guide cover (See Picture). I was hoping we could replicate it on the top of his cake. I need an estimate of price and the type and shape of cake it would require. I was thinking it could be done with a screen print of the picture I have sent on a white chocolate stand up "frame". "Happy Birthday and Congratulations John," on a white chocolate scroll. White cake and white butter cream is fine, with shell piping trim with primary blue and yellow accents. You can use your ideas to finish off the cake top. We just want a dignified simple cake. There are only 4 of us, so a 8" to 10" customized stock cake will be fine. If larger is required, so be it, we're big cake lovers! A small rectangle or square sheet cake would be ideal."

HouCuseChickie, Could you tell me which bakery supplies cakes to HS and SDIT? Do you know if they will custom print edible screen prints of pictures that are sent to them?
Thank you in advance for any info you can supply.
Sorry about the picture quality
10250257_10201789138730538_8030761499048702734_n.jpg
1958-walt-disney-disneyland-tv-guide.jpg

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
@HouCuseChickie, I have read all 24 pages of this blog! Really impressive stuff, so grateful for all your hard work. This is my first attempt at a custom WDW cake. I have a plan drawn up, just not sure who to contact with the idea. So I thought I'd ask for your input. Below is the message I have sent an Email and and left on the Cake Hotline VM. I've heard nothing back in a week!

"We are planning to have my Son's Birthday/Graduation dinner at HS Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater on Wednesday, July 30, 2014 @ 8:05 PM and would like to have a cake delivered there. My son is a Nostalgic Walt Disney and 1950's fan and has a favorite picture of Walt and characters from a 1958 TV Guide cover (See Picture). I was hoping we could replicate it on the top of his cake. I need an estimate of price and the type and shape of cake it would require. I was thinking it could be done with a screen print of the picture I have sent on a white chocolate stand up "frame". "Happy Birthday and Congratulations John," on a white chocolate scroll. White cake and white butter cream is fine, with shell piping trim with primary blue and yellow accents. You can use your ideas to finish off the cake top. We just want a dignified simple cake. There are only 4 of us, so a 8" to 10" customized stock cake will be fine. If larger is required, so be it, we're big cake lovers! A small rectangle or square sheet cake would be ideal."

HouCuseChickie, Could you tell me which bakery supplies cakes to HS and SDIT? Do you know if they will custom print edible screen prints of pictures that are sent to them?
Thank you in advance for any info you can supply.
Sorry about the picture quality
View attachment 59194 View attachment 59195

Sorry for the delay...I've been kind of MIA on here of late. Just super busy.

Sadly, Hollywood Studios is really limited when it comes to cake options. I've posted the DHS specific cake ordering info below that should help.

Hollywood Studios — 407-827-2253
  • 6-inch $21 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
  • 8-inch $32, same options
  • 10-inch $45 vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is white or dark chocolate mousse, vanilla or chocolate buttercream, or strawberry filling; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • Screen prints and inscriptions are available for cakes 8 inches or larger at no extra charge
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $48 (serves 10–12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
They definitely can do screen prints on cakes, but I haven't seen them do any kind of 2D stand ups or white chocolate scrolls like you get at the other bakeries. Also, all of the cakes (minus the Mickey option) are going to be rounds.

An alternative would be working with Boardwalk Bakery, seeing if you can pick up the cake from there, and carry it into the park. It would be a pain to carry a cake from BW to DHS/Sci Fi, but it would certainly open up a world of design options.

Beau Butler

Sorry for the delay...I've been kind of MIA on here of late. Just super busy.

Sadly, Hollywood Studios is really limited when it comes to cake options. I've posted the DHS specific cake ordering info below that should help.

Hollywood Studios — 407-827-2253
  • 6-inch $21 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
  • 8-inch $32, same options
  • 10-inch $45 vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is white or dark chocolate mousse, vanilla or chocolate buttercream, or strawberry filling; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • Screen prints and inscriptions are available for cakes 8 inches or larger at no extra charge
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $48 (serves 10–12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
They definitely can do screen prints on cakes, but I haven't seen them do any kind of 2D stand ups or white chocolate scrolls like you get at the other bakeries. Also, all of the cakes (minus the Mickey option) are going to be rounds.

An alternative would be working with Boardwalk Bakery, seeing if you can pick up the cake from there, and carry it into the park. It would be a pain to carry a cake from BW to DHS/Sci Fi, but it would certainly open up a world of design options.

Thank you for your quick response. The DHS Cake Line returned my call today, not the friendliest conversation I've had with a Disney cast member. Back to the subject, She had me send her an Email of the cake and ideas. Then she called me right back, saying, "I don't think we'll have time now, you'll be here next Friday." I informed her the cake wasn't to be delivered until Wednesday, July 30th at 8:05 PM, we have 11 days!. She replied back, "I'll forward this to the chef, he can deal with it!" I hope she was just having a bad day, because I do have her name now. Waiting to hear back from her or the chef. We changed our reservation to 50's Prime Time Cafe so we won't be looking at each other's backs during the celebration dinner. We'll see what happens....

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Thank you for your quick response. The DHS Cake Line returned my call today, not the friendliest conversation I've had with a Disney cast member. Back to the subject, She had me send her an Email of the cake and ideas. Then she called me right back, saying, "I don't think we'll have time now, you'll be here next Friday." I informed her the cake wasn't to be delivered until Wednesday, July 30th at 8:05 PM, we have 11 days!. She replied back, "I'll forward this to the chef, he can deal with it!" I hope she was just having a bad day, because I do have her name now. Waiting to hear back from her or the chef. We changed our reservation to 50's Prime Time Cafe so we won't be looking at each other's backs during the celebration dinner. We'll see what happens....

Makes me so angry when I hear of bakeries pulling attitude. I mean, it's Disney and there are just certain expectations...but even if it weren't Disney...you're looking for ways to spend even more $ with them. They should be professional at the very least! OK- I'll quit with my rant. I can't fathom why they wouldn't be able to do a cake with 11 days notice. 48 hours notice has always been the standard with all of the bakeries. We've even seem some done with even less notice. Even with my more elaborate designs, I've had the chef say he could have done it with as little as 48 hrs...different bakery, but still. OK- I'm ranting again. I'm a bit of a hot head with this kind of stuff (can you tell?), but if they give any resistance in your future conversations- I'd point blank ask why all of the other bakeries at Disney can do far more with less notice and less attitude. I'd also complain if their poor attitude persists. I'm sorry they're being less than helpful, but do keep us posted and I hope it all works out for the best. :)

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
It's been a slow summer as far as cakes go, but I finally have some new cakes to share.

These first few are from a person who got cakes at WDW for each day of their trip. That right there floors even me!

This first cake was made by the YC/BC bakery, is a vanilla cake with cookies and cream filling, and it cost them a whopping $540!

IMG_8139.jpg

Cake 2- same person-made by the Contemporary bakery, lemon cake, and was $390!

IMG_6805.jpg

Third cake- same person- delivered to Hoop Dee Doo- made by the Contemporary bakery, chocolate cake with peanut butter filling, and was $215!

IMG_9759.jpg

Still the same person...4th cake- made by the Epcot pastry team who replicated a cake originally made by the GF bakery- almond cake with amaretto crunch filling- cost = $750!!!!!!

IMG_2604.jpg

I've heard that they will have more cakes to post soon! Wow- just wow!!!

And this next one is not a Disney made cake, but I'm pretty sure this is something Disney could do if you supplied the figurines. I like the flames and it's a great option for a firefighter.

Disney-Cake-Firefighter-Donald-Goofy-Mickey.jpg

The wedding cake blog for Disney has been slow of late. 3 weeks ago it was just individual carrot cakes served in glasses- tasty, but not what we're looking for.

This first cake is a Space Mountain themed wedding cake combined with the Mickey wave pattern. I know for certain that we've seen Space Mountain special occasion cakes...so this is certainly something that could be scaled down for a smaller group.
93068099e3cbc4d6a0827c3e3d88433b.jpg

1253af69ee50a879ff54aa584f2d8a0c.jpg

80ed8319748815936f9aa18171b73f93.jpg

The next cake is not very Disney, but it could make for nice details to add onto a cake if you're into monograms.

6e0349f1ed44d89b76bc6aef7a9f4939.jpg

6439946c0ff0856f1fabb618576f62e2.jpg

Alright- that's all for now :)

jlsHouston

Hi, going to have a birthday to celebrate this time on our trip. DGS will turn 8 on our last day there. So...I am going to get a cake. Trying to decide if I should have it at our birthday lunch, which I have ressie at that Dinosaur place at DtD. How am I going to get a cake there? I did honestly read through all 24 pages earlier today and I see where you said at one point Captain Jacks could supply cakes for DtD. Can't I get the GF or CR bakery to deliver one for me? I'm thinking a mini pirate cake.... After lunch we are headed to the Pirates league for a makeover. I haven't got a dinner reservation anywhere yet because the only other place he mentioned was Chef Mickey and of course noting available at this point. We are staying at the GF. I could just get a pizza and do a cake at Gasparilla's. Pizza is like a favorite....

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Hi, going to have a birthday to celebrate this time on our trip. DGS will turn 8 on our last day there. So...I am going to get a cake. Trying to decide if I should have it at our birthday lunch, which I have ressie at that Dinosaur place at DtD. How am I going to get a cake there? I did honestly read through all 24 pages earlier today and I see where you said at one point Captain Jacks could supply cakes for DtD. Can't I get the GF or CR bakery to deliver one for me? I'm thinking a mini pirate cake.... After lunch we are headed to the Pirates league for a makeover. I haven't got a dinner reservation anywhere yet because the only other place he mentioned was Chef Mickey and of course noting available at this point. We are staying at the GF. I could just get a pizza and do a cake at Gasparilla's. Pizza is like a favorite....

If it were me, I'd pass on a cake in DTD. Captain Jacks is closing + their cakes come from DHS, which has extremely limited options. A cake at TRex would likely have to be coordinated directly through TRex.

Now as for the GF and CR bakeries...they will deliver to their corresponding resorts, restaurants, and specialty functions. They don't normally deliver to the QS spots, but the GF bakery could deliver a cake to your room and you could bring it down to Gasparilla. The GF bakery is also your best bet for getting a themed mini cake as the Contemporary is now pretty much refusing on anything smaller than 8".

I'd also keep stalking ADRs for Chef Mickey's. Those tend to open up quite a bit as you approach your dates.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
OK- so as promised, those people who were doing a cake a day had even more cakes to share.

This first cake was made by YC/BC, but delivered to Raglan Road. The cake is red velvet with cream cheese filling. The cake was $165, but Raglan Road charged a $100 cake fee since they offer their own options (non fancy- non customizable). Honestly, shame on Raglan Road. That's absurd when their offerings pale in comparison to what other bakeries can provide.

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_5396.jpg

The next cake was a spice cake with cream cheese filling made by the Contemporary bakery -$165

2014072495191052.jpg

Next cake made by the AKL bakery and delivered to Jiko. It's a vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse filling. $250

IMG_8903.jpg

Next cake was made by the GF bakery. It's a marble cake with alternating layers of white and dark chocolate mousse. $139

IMG_9179.jpg

Not sure if they'll have more cakes to share, but I'll be sure to post if they do.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Yes, I know...I've been MIA on here of late. Work is crazy and I started a new fitness routine that is taking up so much of my free time. It's a good thing, but it's been taking the place of my daily WDW Magic Disney fix...among other things. Still, I saw a few cakes on the Disney wedding blog that are worth sharing...

This first one is for that DHS fan or classic Mickey fan...

ec951d37c1a169aceb524939145d3e08.jpg
93132d44413e44d7e32aa27f6eccb7f3.jpg

4a324ec2d445609b5b8d024f4488e350.jpg

This cake above could easily be turned into a single tier special occasion cake.

This next one is just spectacular!!! LOVE IT!

7b0ccdc64d997d6afed3d55b86e829e8.jpg

362c5bbcb408a712221941c77aebda9e.jpg

It's similar to the dragon cake previously posted, but this time, we have Cinderella castle on the reverse...in black to create a shadowy effect. I can't see them doing this for anything but a wedding, but it's still awesome!!!

And finally, a hatter style cake...
171ef75344fb1f93112110e03ca08dc2.jpg

ca7a3304ed7755f2f5d7436b36dfa421.jpg

This obviously also could easily become a 1 tier cake. Just remember that hatter cakes cost more than a basic round.
Do you know how much that Hollywood Studios cake might cost?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom