Gravity Falls

ispydork

Original Poster
Anyone else just love this new Disney Channel show? Its the perfect blend of quirky oddness. It seems like it would appeal towards a much older audience, but still has stuff for kids. Good stuff!

wiigirl

I love it....I mean my kids love it... :p

75.gif

Kuhio

I've only seen four episodes and I'm pretty much hooked.

I especially love the intro, all the hidden messages, and the fact that the episodes seem to respect an actual in-show chronological continuity. The supporting characters are great as well.

Much of the material is surprisingly edgy, and on the whole it's so much more sophisticated than the Disney Channel's live-action "sitcoms" that it doesn't even feel like it should belong on the same network.

popcenturylover

I've only seen four episodes and I'm pretty much hooked.

I especially love the intro, all the hidden messages, and the fact that the episodes seem to respect an actual in-show chronological continuity. The supporting characters are great as well.

Much of the material is surprisingly edgy, and on the whole it's so much more sophisticated than the Disney Channel's live-action "sitcoms" that it doesn't even feel like it should belong on the same network.
I can't stand this show! Whenever it comes on the channel is changed!

Can we go yet?

Much better than that disgraceful sitcom "Jessie". I was at the beach this weekend and watched a bit of that because my nephew begged me to watch it. Laugh tracks were playing on every un-funny scene, yet I did not even smile at the failure. I like how this show deals with the supernatural, and how it's another animated show on Disney. :)

Magenta Panther

It's a nifty cartoon. I love it. What really strikes me about it is the way the twins behave towards each other. In other shows, siblings, especially male/female siblings, are always at war with each other. But Dipper and Mabel are buddies. So refreshing. I get sick of the constant internecine bickering that goes on in other TV toons, like that crappy Fairly Odd Parents (I can't STAND Cosmo). But Gravity Falls is too intelligent and original to rely on tired old tropes, and this, I think, is why it's so successful, and why it's TV-cartoon-hit number two for Disney (number one, of course, is Phineas and Ferb, another fave of mine). Watch out, Nickelodeon!

CnoteBflat

Going to bump this.

After a year long agonizing wait (especially after the cliffhanger), Season 2 starts this Friday! I can't wait. I've been watching the preview videos from Los Angeles Film Festival and SDComic Con to keep me hyped.

Magenta Panther

Going to bump this.

After a year long agonizing wait (especially after the cliffhanger), Season 2 starts this Friday! I can't wait. I've been watching the preview videos from Los Angeles Film Festival and SDComic Con to keep me hyped.

Thanks for the news! Can't wait to see the new season. I've been watching the little Gravity Falls shorts, like "Mabel's Guide To Colors" etc., and "Dipper's Guide to the Unexplained". They are freaking great!

NMBC1993

I actually wasn't fond of Gravity Falls at first, it never caught my eye (I was a P&F fanatic at the time) until recently. After growing more and more bored throughout season 4 of P&F (they have officially become Family Guy, telling the same jokes over and over with no new material. In my opinion if you have no new material, just end the show with dignity rather then letting it grow even more stale), a friend of mine told me how much he enjoyed Gravity Falls and that I should give it another watch. To this day I have to give him credit, Gravity Falls is hilarious and original. You've got to love Kristen Schaal as Mable (she reminds me of Louise from Bob's Burgers for some reason;)) and of course Gruncle Stan, I wish he was my uncle:)

Magenta Panther

Yeah, "The Tooth" is awesome! Truly creepy with that THING chasing the kids, and really funny with Mabel's awful old bear puppet (looked kinda like a moth-eaten Country Bear, didn't it)? I love GF so much.

Bparso87

Might be my favorite cartoon right now and one of my all time favorites if they can keep it up I love fight fighters and the one with the boy band

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom