The New X-Box

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was afraid it would be too halo. I was wrong!
There is no question you can see the Halo influence, but it is very much its own game.

The X factor for me will be how multi-player fits into the mix. If I can play the entire campaign alone and they keep expanding it like the did with BL2 then I will love this game until the end of time.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
IMAG0105.jpg

I has a sad.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yup it went dead for me last night. I pre ordered, I can't not own that game. The bad news is one of my clients is having their biggest event of the year and it lasts 10 days. Destiny comes out smack in the middle of the event. Such a bummer.
I have not pre-ordered yet, but I probably will this weekend. I am just kin of bummed that the PC version is not launching with the consoles.

erasure fan1

Original Poster
I have not pre-ordered yet, but I probably will this weekend. I am just kin of bummed that the PC version is not launching with the consoles.
I was thinking of pre-ordering as well but I am just going to wait and see. While I loved borderlands I am not a big FPS guy.

bhg469

I was thinking of pre-ordering as well but I am just going to wait and see. While I loved borderlands I am not a big FPS guy.
Did you play the beta? It is very loot centric like borderlands. Think borderlands with bosses that can drop randomly in the sandbox.

erasure fan1

Original Poster
Did you play the beta? It is very loot centric like borderlands. Think borderlands with bosses that can drop randomly in the sandbox.
I didn't get to play it unfortunately. It sounds cool but I also want to see how the 360 version turns out. My fear is they spent the time on the one and ps4 and last gen got the short end of it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Story driven FPS is my poison of choice.

What really has me nervous about Destiny is the reported lack of matchmaking for raids. If these raids are essential for the campaign, it could present a big roadblock people like myself that simply do not play multi-player and/or don't have a large friend list.

Some of these raids will require 6 players and take an hour or more. I think I might have 7 people on my friend list and I don't think I have ever seen more than 2 online at any one time.

The good news is Borderlands the Pre-Sequel will be out in October.:D

erasure fan1

Original Poster
@Master Yoda I am looking very forward to borderlands 3 as well. I don't mind the pre-sequel but I would have rather gone to one of the new planets.

I am not a big fan of online multiplayer as a requirement in games. I don't play online a ton and like you only have 6 or so friends. Only 3 are really active and I'm not sure they even want to buy destiny.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
@Master Yoda I am looking very forward to borderlands 3 as well. I don't mind the pre-sequel but I would have rather gone to one of the new planets.

I am not a big fan of online multiplayer as a requirement in games. I don't play online a ton and like you only have 6 or so friends. Only 3 are really active and I'm not sure they even want to buy destiny.
My only regret with BL3 is that they are not putting it on the next gen consoles. When I got my XB1 the 360 went to my daughter making using it rather problematic. This means that I will be getting BL3 on PC and effectively reducing my co-op partners to zero.

Aside from that, I can't wait. The moon base and the added element of low gravity looks like a lot of fun.

bhg469

I also am very upset at the lack of a next gen version. My 360 is right there in my living room but for some reason I find it impossible to spend money on it.

erasure fan1

Original Poster
I would think that BL3 will hit next gen next year sometime. I just can't see them ignoring it for too long, especially if both systems perform well this x-mas. My bet would be on a GOTY edition with some or all of the extra content and a few other bonuses and maybe a trade up program. The only way I see it not happening is if Microsoft or Sony all of a sudden get backward compatibility going.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would think that BL3 will hit next gen next year sometime. I just can't see them ignoring it for too long, especially if both systems perform well this x-mas. My bet would be on a GOTY edition with some or all of the extra content and a few other bonuses and maybe a trade up program. The only way I see it not happening is if Microsoft or Sony all of a sudden get backward compatibility going.
Yeah...I am not good at waiting.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom