Renting out your points?

reptar77

Original Poster
With the amount of construction going on in what seems every park and downtown we have decided to take a year off from WDW. We are 2 hours away from WDW so we visit a lot. We have some points that we need to use or they will expire, has anyone rented out their points? What was your experience?

Tom

Beta Return
Your best bet is to go through one of the legitimate DVC rental sites. They hold money in escrow so that neither party gets short-changed. They'll list your points, and the rental rate, and handle just about everything. All you do is call DVC to make the reservations, and add things like DME & DDP if the renter asks you to.

EOD K9

With the amount of construction going on in what seems every park and downtown we have decided to take a year off from WDW. We are 2 hours away from WDW so we visit a lot. We have some points that we need to use or they will expire, has anyone rented out their points? What was your experience?
I've rented to people directly on this site. The transactions on both ends were smooth. They got their rooms at a great rate (less than the DVC rental sites) and I got my money to finance my next DCL cruise. Everybody wins and everyone is happy. BTW, the people I rented to were/are well established posters.

jeffk410

I can't speak to renting out my own points, but I have purchased points directly from a person. It was a great experience for both of us.

Good Luck!

3:10toDisney

My wife and I rented out our points last year (350 banked points) because we just bought a new house and knew that a vacation wasn't an option because of the added expense of moving. We used one of the rental sites online and it worked very smoothly. Unfortunately we couldn't rent out all 350 points to one renter but it ended up being across three different rentals. I probably spent on hour total on each of the 3 rentals which then I was able to pocket close to $4000 ($11.25/point).. I will say this, I think you can make out better by renting them yourself but I didn't want the headache of doing that. I don't see us renting out our points anytime soon but I wouldn't hesitate using the service I used if life intervenes and vacation plans change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom