Sci Fi dining tips without ADR

Thumper14

Original Poster
I am over a hundred days out. I have stumbled on a 8:20 ADR at Sci-Fi, but really wanted an earlier time around 6 or even a lunch. Currently I have an ADR for 50'S at lunch. But Sci-Fi is being as difficult as BOG.
Of course I will keep trying the ADR website.
How difficult is it to get a table for 4 without an ADR? The park closes at 8 pm on Friday, Nov 14. So I assume the crowds are lower.

ToTBellHop

I am over a hundred days out. I have stumbled on a 8:20 ADR at Sci-Fi, but really wanted an earlier time around 6 or even a lunch. Currently I have an ADR for 50'S at lunch. But Sci-Fi is being as difficult as BOG.
Of course I will keep trying the ADR website.
How difficult is it to get a table for 4 without an ADR? The park closes at 8 pm on Friday, Nov 14. So I assume the crowds are lower.
Nearly impossible. Especially during Free Dining.

Keep looking.

shipley731

If you can't get the reservation that you want, you may want to try to walk up right when they open. Of the 4 times, I've tried that, it worked 3 times. We've had luck with doing this at a handful of the World Showcase restaurants as well. That being said, we were always prepared to go & get CS somewhere else if getting a walkup didn't work. We tend not to make many ADR's and are pretty flexible about meals.

Texas84

I've been able to walk up once in my entire life. Is the table in the back just extra seating or something special?

Thumper14

Original Poster
I do not guess 6:30 or 7:00 would be considered an odd time.:rolleyes: I was hoping Fastasmic might draw people away. No luck going solo though. I will keep checking the website, I did finally get a BOG ADR on my anniversary, just 10 days out, so I will keep hoping. If no luck there I will show up early and give that a try. We were hoping to hop over the Epcot for the late EMH that night. We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas. Trying to do all 4 parks in 1 day and 2 partial days. This should be interesting. We are veterans, but one in the group is a first timer. We are trying to take her to all of favorite must do's and of course It' a Small World.

Short Weekend at WDW  

Teresa-Hollywood

I've been able to walk up once in my entire life. Is the table in the back just extra seating or something special?

We sat at the back table so extra seating. ????? We were a walk up

Odd times for us.. Between lunch and dinner. Like 3ish. We have strange eating habits on vacation. This upcoming trip is going to be interesting since I booked the free dining plan. I made plans...we are not ones to plan.

WDW_Emily

We made the mistake of making adrs at every park except DHS last trip because we already did Sci-Fi and Brown Derby previous trips and nothing else really fit our fancy. Due to my sister having different dietary needs, we realized we needed a sit down restaurant for DHS once we were there. Absolutely nothing was open when we checked at 11am for lunch or dinner except mama melrose for 3pm. We took it but I would keep calling/checking on line for cancellations. Sci-fi and 50s are the most appealing to families in DHS and prob. fill up the most.

startraveler

Are you talking about the table that has a car front and back on each side but you are just sitting at a table? That's for wheelchair seating. If it's the one I've used before. Just can't remember where it's located.

Texas84

Regular round tables. You can see them in the back with the umbrella-looking thingies. Figured they were overflow.
DSC_3382.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom