What did you do?

Kristia

Dan and I did the Merrell Down and Dirty Mud Run yesterday. They changed the location from previous years which I wasn't too happy about, but my sister was set on running this again so I agreed. I told her one more year and that is it for me! They usually hold it in Fairmount Park which is pretty much Central Philadelphia and about an hour from my house. They changed it to Warminster Park, Warminster, PA which is about 1.5 hours from my house. This was my main reason for not liking it.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the change in venue. The parking was right on site and very close to the action, unlike the 1/2 mile walk, that you had to do to get to the race at Fairmont Park. The traffic getting to the area was light (unlike the Schuykill Expressway mess). Locals from the area will understand that statement. The Schuykill is a mess on good days! The course and staging area were much more open which lead to far less crowds. We didn't have to wait at all for obstacles unlike in previous years. I think the Fairmont Park course has a lot of areas where they couldn't put obstacles due to terrain issues where as Warminster Park is much more open and flat. I overall liked the change! So maybe I will do it again next year. My sister didn't get in much running this race had to take a lot of walk breaks and we still finished 5 minutes faster than last year.

LindsayLoves

Today was hill repeat day 5x400m hills @7:30/mi with 400m downhill jog RI and a little over a mile for w/u and c/d for a 5 mile total.

These felt good (I say that now that the pain fest is over), my RI was shorter than previous versions of this workout. By no means was this an easy workout but it was nice to see some improvement with my recovery time.

dreamfinder

Today was 2x1600@6:10 w/400 RI@8:30 then 1x800@5:52, with a 1/4 w/u and c/d. Feels good, the lingering stiffness from my double on Sunday worked its way out during the w/u.

Today was hill repeat day 5x400m hills @7:30/mi with 400m downhill jog RI and a little over a mile for w/u and c/d for a 5 mile total.

Nice hill repeats with a solid pace! (And I think I'm stealing w/u c/d to save a ton of typing.....)

Kristia

Early morning run today! Did 3 miles at about a 10:30 pace. It was nice and cool at 4:30 am :D Actually, the weather is supposed to be super nice here the next few days. My Garmin behaved itself today. It was 100% charged when I left and still at 91% when I got back. Hoping the software reset worked and now it will behave itself!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Saturday, we took the whole family out to Lambeau for the Packers 5k. My 8 year old daughter ran her first 5k, and we pushed the 3 year old in the jogging stroller. We got to run inside Lambeau Field, and got medals at the end. I was proud of my oldest, as she had never run more than a mile, and ran the first half of the race without stopping at all.

JillC LI

Congrats to your daughter @Fievel.

These felt good (I say that now that the pain fest is over)

This made me laugh. Speed work always feels good after it is over. But seriously, it's great to see the same workout feel easier over time.

As for me, 4.5 miles last night. I was hoping DS would join me but he has been very lazy with his running all summer. He's gonna pay for it when X-Country practice starts in a month!

fmingo36

So today is about 10 degree cooler than yester and hardly any humidity. I was so happy to be able to run outside today. I did the same route as yesterday 4.5miles at a10:50 pace but I was miserable from the get go. I got a side stitch within in the first 1/2 mile and could not get on track with my breathing. I was really hoping to hit 5-6miles today but the running gods were not with me. Not sure if it was because I did back to back running days which I really haven't done in a while or what. Luckily, we are supposed to have some really nice weather this week so hopefully I'll get a few more runs in before I'm back to ALL KIDS-ALL THE TIME!

Sumrdog

3.2 in the heat. I was up until midnight doing my schoolwork so I did not get up early enough to run in the cooler morning weather. We are supposed to be in the mid 90's for the next ten days, so I need to get up earlier...

It was very difficult for me to get going today, I felt like a snail..I managed about a 10:30 pace which is fast for me and it's done!

OG Runner

My Garmin has been acting a little funky lately. I think it takes the location found and then bases my time on that location. I start toward the back of the pack, but don't hit the start button until I hit the starting line. My time on the Garmin are coming up a bit faster than my race times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom