First UNI Visit with Child - Advice, Please...

LondonGopher

Original Poster
Like many of you, my last visit to WDW made me a bit sad, and so UNI (who appears to WANT my business ;)) will get my theme park $$$ this year!

But my last visit to UNI was a goodly while ago, and I have never been with my son. Mr Gopher isn't really a theme park sort of chap and he will fly back to London after our lovely holiday on the Gulf Coast. DS (7) and I will stay on for 4 nights at Portofino (at the beginning of October).

DS is tall enough for all the rides (he wears a size 5 (adult US) shoe already :eek:) and loves to try "new" foods.

Can all you UNI experts recommend the best things for a mother and her 7 year old son to do? To eat? To experience?

I've got him a robe and wand for HP stuff (bought last year in the post-Halloween sales :D). He loves SpongeBob but isn't a huge superhero fan - any great tips?

Many thanks in advance!

JillC LI

For a Harry Potter lover, there is soooo much to do now. I recommend you get to the park for early admission to the Harry Potter sections, perhaps one day at IoA and one day at US. The day you go to IoA, if you have any interest in the wand show at Ollivanders (and it was very cute - my DD was picked to participate), then I suggest you go there before you even go to Forbidden Journey because the lines there move much slower and the capacity for the show is extremely small. Of course, there is much else that is non-Potter to do with your son as well. Seussland, Spiderman, Mummy, the parade, transformers, and tons more. Bring a change of clothes if you plan on going on the wet rides because you can get soaked there.

Disneyhead'71

What kind of foods do you guys like? Mythos and Emeril's Choup Chop are great for adults AND kids. The family pool at Portofino is nice. Unfortunately you will probably be buying a new interactive wand once you get to Universal. They are quite popular and fun.

And even though your son isn't into theme parks and super heroes, I think he will be quite entertained with the attractions at Universal.

danpam1024

My DS is 12- he LOVES the Big Pink Doughnut in Springfield- Lard Lad's. That is his "vacation breakfast"
KfeOfFatDcroNPeut34qFvbsVwn4BIMD6gbDoB_q3gw=w160-h212-p-no

and he also enjoys mini golf at City Walk (after dark when it's lit up) followed by Menchie's ice cream:hungry:
Even if you don't enjoy Super Heros, Spiderman is one of the coolest rides there. Camp Jurassic is always a favorite as well. We like to use the water cannons at RipSaw Falls to give the riders a good soaking before the ride is over :devilish:.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom