Question about DVC rentals and magical express

larathydo

Original Poster
Hey all!

Just a couple questions about an upcoming DVC rental we're getting:

1) We are staying in a two bedroom villa at AKL Kidani village. There will be 9 of us - three families total. Each of our families are thinking about renting a car for the trip, as such, will disney give us a total of 3 parking passes for each family renting a car and staying onsite?

2) We will need to bring car seats for our children. We're used the magical express before for just our personal luggage, but can you also use the magical express to have your car seat delivered directly to our room as well automatically without picking it up at MCO? Our plan is to pickup the rental car a day or two after we arrive at the hotel.

slappy magoo

I can't answer your questions for sure, but I will say this - it seems like car rentals are cheaper at the airport than at WDW. Unless you're only planning to rent a car for a day or two, you might be better off if at least one family in your party rents a car onsite. Or, unless you're all planning to go offsite at different times and to different places, reduce it to just one or two vehicles where the 9 of you could still comfortably fit. A SUV and a smaller car, maybe. Before making a decision, go to Alamo/National's website, see the difference in price (if there is one) between renting a car at the airport for the length of your trip versus using DME, waiting a day or two and then renting onsite.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Hey all!

Just a couple questions about an upcoming DVC rental we're getting:

1) We are staying in a two bedroom villa at AKL Kidani village. There will be 9 of us - three families total. Each of our families are thinking about renting a car for the trip, as such, will disney give us a total of 3 parking passes for each family renting a car and staying onsite?

2) We will need to bring car seats for our children. We're used the magical express before for just our personal luggage, but can you also use the magical express to have your car seat delivered directly to our room as well automatically without picking it up at MCO? Our plan is to pickup the rental car a day or two after we arrive at the hotel.
1) If you let the front desk know that there are 3 separate families, each with their own car, then they should be OK with giving you 3 parking passes. I do know that they normally only give out one, but with 9 people in the party, they wouldn't all fit in one car!
2) If you checked them at your starting airport with the yellow tags, then I don't see why they wouldn't be delivered like any other luggage, but I would definitely call the ME hotline (866-599-0951) to ask for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom