Potentially dumb ADR question

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
This is probably going to sound like a really dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway. After all, better safe than sorry, and also it wouldn't be the first time something I thought was simple at WDW almost caught me out (a technicality regarding that ever-present divisive topic - refillable mugs!).

Party A consists of two people who have booked and paid for a WDW holiday including flights, accommodation, park tickets and all the other bits and pieces via the WDW website. Party B also consists of two people and has done the same as Party A.

During their trip, both parties want to meet up for a meal. My question is this: is it possible for one of the parties to book an ADR for a restaurant for four people, despite their holiday reservation only being for two? Could ADRs also be booked through the My Disney Experience app or Magic+ or whatever it's called?

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this is the dumbest question you've heard all day/week/month/year!

Yes one person can book ADR's. When we went last year my parents had a separate reservation number than we did. We booked all the meal reservations for the party without every linking them to my parents reservation. And yes they can be booked via the application.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! The current trip is still in it's very early planning stages, and this was a thought that struck me on the way home from work today. Even with seven WDW trips under my belt, I still end up with questions!

Yes one person can book ADR's. When we went last year my parents had a separate reservation number than we did. We booked all the meal reservations for the party without every linking them to my parents reservation. And yes they can be booked via the application.

That sounds almost exactly like the situation we will probably be in, so it's good to know it works in practice.

Thanks everyone! The current trip is still in it's very early planning stages, and this was a thought that struck me on the way home from work today. Even with seven WDW trips under my belt, I still end up with questions!

That sounds almost exactly like the situation we will probably be in, so it's good to know it works in practice.
Yep you should have no problems. Fastpass+ is a different story though. You cannot book fast passes for people in other reservations even if that reservation is linked to yours. We were part of a test group last year and that was the biggest complaint. My understanding is that remains the same still. We had to do our fast passes literally in the same room together last year and though we were putting in for the same things simultaneously we were never able to match the times completely. This year as my parents are not coming with us we don't have that issue.

Dafid Duck

Thanks for sharing that bit of info. This year we are traveling with my in laws. We are still over a hundred days out but we are hoping to get a BOG lunch fast pass together. I am handling all the tech aspects of the trip. We shared all of our ADRs under my MDE account but I guess I'll have to get those separately.

wannabeBelle

I was able to book Fastpasses for more than one grouping of people together as recently as my May trip. Some of the other girls were in a different room ( different reservation and resort from me) and I was able to do Fastpasses for all of us, and they did one for me as well so I know it works that way too. You do have to check off that they are part of your friends and family to do this though. Ill post the phone number for My Disney Experience Tech support when I get into the office this evening. They should be able to sort it out. I have always had a great result working out problems with them. Marie

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You have to add them as My Family and Friends in MDE on the Disney website. You can specify whether a person can just see what you have scheduled, or allow them to make reservations for you. Every person HAS to have an account for it to work well, though, and give you explicit rights to add to their reservations. We did this with our 2 boys and their wives this past trip. We made all of the dining reservations for all 6, and each family made their own FP+, though we could have combined a few of those as well. Worked great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom