Last Minute Suggestions.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Hi!!!

Less than 6 weeks left!!! I am a planning fool... I am constantly trying to think of last minute things that we might need or that I may need to add to my "food shopping" list for when we get down there (before we check in we're going to Walmart to get some necessities).

I don't want to forget ANYTHING.
Help me not forget anything... Any suggestions are much appreciated :happy:

cw1982

Sunscreen
Plastic (like ziploc) style baggies to put your phones, wallets, etc in so they don't get wet if it rains or while on water rides
Tylenol or ibuprofen
Blister pads just in case your feet get mad at you lol

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I'm going follow you on this seeing as though I was just about the same thing. What are the "must brings"?

I've got all the necessities as well as (so I've heard) a small powerstrip (I got one that has 4 outlets at walmart for $4) and I also got sturdy "chip clips" to clip the towel to the baby's stroller just in case she's sleeping and the sun is coming in on her :) - I swear I've thought of everything to my kid comfortable lol

SAV

Clip on fan for the stroller? It will get hot in there if it is covered and no air flow.

A rain cover for the stroller? The last thing you want is a wet stroller.

As for the "Cheap" poncho's. I used to buy the $1 throw away poncho's. This last trip, I didn't buy them ahead of time and ended up with the $5 thicker ones from Wal-Mart. They were yellow and had Mickey or Minnie and "Florida". The best $20 I spent on the entire trip. They were longer than the $1 ones and kept us much drier.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Clip on fan for the stroller? It will get hot in there if it is covered and no air flow.

A rain cover for the stroller? The last thing you want is a wet stroller.

As for the "Cheap" poncho's. I used to buy the $1 throw away poncho's. This last trip, I didn't buy them ahead of time and ended up with the $5 thicker ones from Wal-Mart. They were yellow and had Mickey or Minnie and "Florida". The best $20 I spent on the entire trip. They were longer than the $1 ones and kept us much drier.

Ha! We have 2 stroller fans!! I have the cheapo ponchos, but I think I will def take your advice and get the ones at Walmart... I'm adding that to my list right now :) Thanks so much

Amyleigh

Extra tee shirts! I sweat right through mine and usually changed before we headed out to dinner. I also was glad I brought two hats. I sweat a lot (see above) and by noon I was ready to throw my hair in a ponytail and slap on a hat. My daughter ended up wearing one too because of the sun. The hats also helped when it would rain. No hair worries!

Weather_Lady

I've found in the past that anything I threw in last-minute turned out to be superfluous. Still, here are two items that may make your trip easier:

Clothespins -- for keeping paperwork together, closing snack bags, hanging up wet swimsuits (your hotel shower will typically have a clothesline that pulls across the tub surround), etc.

Quart-sized Ziploc bags -- for traveling with liquids/gels in carryons, keeping small items (hair ties, crayons, itinerary cards, Band-aids, the clothespins, you name it) together, and keeping electronics in your park bag safe on wet rides, etc.

HollyAD

Make sure to have small easy essentials to pack to take into the park. Best example would be sunscreen! Make sure to pack a smaller size sunscreen to throw in your bag to take into the park. This takes up less space in your bag for the day. Ziplocs are a must as stated above. I always put my phone in one in case of rain or water ride. I pack tide to go stain remover and small sample size of laundry detergent. Don't go spend a lot of money on these things and try to find things in the dollar store or $1 bins at Target. On the last two trips with my son I have ended up needing to wash clothes due to unforeseen messy days. Laundry detergent at resorts can be a little pricey depending on where you stay. Make sure to take any meds you may need with you to save a little money. Tylenol, Motrin, antacids, neosporin, etc. I usually make a ziploc for meds/ first aid supplies. Grab some bottled water at walmart.If you have kids...buy what you can outside of the park. Disney fruit snacks, Disney refillable bottles, Disney pens for autograph books. These items are often in dollar bins and can save you serious cash in the parks. Who wants to pay $4.50 for a pen?

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Make sure to have small easy essentials to pack to take into the park. Best example would be sunscreen! Make sure to pack a smaller size sunscreen to throw in your bag to take into the park. This takes up less space in your bag for the day. Ziplocs are a must as stated above. I always put my phone in one in case of rain or water ride. I pack tide to go stain remover and small sample size of laundry detergent. Don't go spend a lot of money on these things and try to find things in the dollar store or $1 bins at Target. On the last two trips with my son I have ended up needing to wash clothes due to unforeseen messy days. Laundry detergent at resorts can be a little pricey depending on where you stay. Make sure to take any meds you may need with you to save a little money. Tylenol, Motrin, antacids, neosporin, etc. I usually make a ziploc for meds/ first aid supplies. Grab some bottled water at walmart.If you have kids...buy what you can outside of the park. Disney fruit snacks, Disney refillable bottles, Disney pens for autograph books. These items are often in dollar bins and can save you serious cash in the parks. Who wants to pay $4.50 for a pen?

Great ideas... I've got lists for different stores coming out of my ears!!! lol - I can't thank you enough!!! I think I should stock up on travel size sunblock esp for the baby (6months old).

Carol53000

We made peanut butter sandwiches every morning and took them with us for the kids. We had 4 little kids and this made them very happy. When we were in a line they would dig one out of the backpack and munch away. One of us always had water for them to wash it all down. We never had kids meltdown from being hungry. You'd be surprised what a little nourishment will do for a kid's disposition. Have fun and good luck with the summer crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom