Photo Editing Tutorials

NowInc

Original Poster
So, as a few of you know, I enjoy teaching. I am FAR more effective in person than I am talking to a computer screen. However, in an attempt to help many who have asked how I edit my photos, I decided to take on a personal project: I will post a tutorial on each image I post (if possible). So far I have been keeping up with it, so lets hope I can maintain the habit pushing forward. Be forewarned of two things: 1.) I don't post every day. I can't. Just too much work to do in my day to day life. 2.) I record these tutorials in the AM. I am very tired, and as such I am not always clear in what I am talking about. These are unedited from start to finish, my entire process...including mistakes.

Have at it:

Final Result:
The Start Of A Good Day by DreGGs, on Flickr

Tutorial:

Final Result:
New Fantasyland Nooks by DreGGs, on Flickr

Tutorial:

Final Result:
Magic Happening over Beast's Castle by DreGGs, on Flickr

Tutorial:

Final Result:
What could go wrong? by DreGGs, on Flickr

Tutorial:

Gomer

These are fantastic! Like the person above, I’m also just wading in with my DSLR and I’ve been able to find plenty of resources for tips on the photography but very little for editing. These are a great help!

MissM

These are really great!

Now if only I could get a current PC so I could actually run photo editing software... :( (With a processor from 2007 and only 2gb ram, I can't even use most current programs so I do almost no editing on my photos out because it's sadly not an option.)

Clamman73

When I get a chance I have to watch these...I've usually watched the Anthony Morganti vids, but I'm curious to see your approach the LR edits. Thanks for doing these...

ddbowdoin

Not to be too tongue and cheek, but do you actually enjoy this aspect of photography? I feel like sitting in PS / LR is just a very cold process and takes away my love for photography.

NowInc

Original Poster
Not to be too tongue and cheek, but do you actually enjoy this aspect of photography? I feel like sitting in PS / LR is just a very cold process and takes away my love for photography.

Seeing how I have been adobe certified since 2003 and didn't actually start taking photos regularly until a few years ago, I suppose I view it all differently as for me I was always a touchup kind of guy. I do find lots of enjoyment in the post processing of images, as thats my roots and how I made a decent living while in college pre-2000 (before digital was mainstream and I had to scan everything). Thats not to say I don't like hitting the pavement and working on composition (I almost never crop or alter my composition in any way in post), it's just for me a whole package. For the better part of the last decade all of my work relies on digital post processing (Currently as a CG animator especially), and its where I feel like I can help people the most. I can easily see why its different for you, you've been traditional a lot longer than me, and see the art differently.

ddbowdoin

Seeing how I have been adobe certified since 2003 and didn't actually start taking photos regularly until a few years ago, I suppose I view it all differently as for me I was always a touchup kind of guy. I do find lots of enjoyment in the post processing of images, as thats my roots and how I made a decent living while in college pre-2000 (before digital was mainstream and I had to scan everything). Thats not to say I don't like hitting the pavement and working on composition (I almost never crop or alter my composition in any way in post), it's just for me a whole package. For the better part of the last decade all of my work relies on digital post processing (Currently as a CG animator especially), and its where I feel like I can help people the most. I can easily see why its different for you, you've been traditional a lot longer than me, and see the art differently.

Yeah... I just struggle with having to throw work into CS / LR to "make it good". That part of the process kills me, it almost feels like the image loses authenticity. This may be from left field but I feel myself questioning the ownership of the image, is this my work or am I grateful for the computing power of PC and editing software. It's like NIK silver effects or whatever... those types of images can be made with a filter and proper exposure, but using the presets feels like taking the easy route. I suppose its a final destination vs journey / destination approach.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom