all star sports resort

hrmom26

Original Poster
i was so excited to be able to get in on the free dinning for my next trip but i had to be put in the all star sports resort to get it, my kids and i are not big into sports ... at all lol so i was a little sad , i have researched the hotels and was scared to see the sports was often mentioned as the worst wdw hotel at least in a few threads anyway . i know all values are set up pretty must the same, aside from the decor is there something... not good about the resort?

for instance the room when was the last time there were refurbished? are they more run down than the other value resorts? i saw the food court , pool and arcade have been refurbished in the last few years but how about the rooms? also i saw one one site that the rooms had a small frig in the room but other site listed the frig as a extra $$ add on anyone know which is true?

thanks in advance! ---heather

SDisney90

i was so excited to be able to get in on the free dinning for my next trip but i had to be put in the all star sports resort to get it, my kids and i are not big into sports ... at all lol so i was a little sad , i have researched the hotels and was scared to see the sports was often mentioned as the worst wdw hotel at least in a few threads anyway . i know all values are set up pretty must the same, aside from the decor is there something... not good about the resort?

for instance the room when was the last time there were refurbished? are they more run down than the other value resorts? i saw the food court , pool and arcade have been refurbished in the last few years but how about the rooms? also i saw one one site that the rooms had a small frig in the room but other site listed the frig as a extra $$ add on anyone know which is true?

thanks in advance! ---heather
I've stayed at the All Star Sports 2 years in a row, and I do not really see a point in changing that. My girlfriend and I are the type to be out all day, and only go to the resort to shower and sleep. But thats beyond the point and lets answer some questions.

Last year the rooms were some what refurbished in the Football area at least (which is where I prefer to stay) they were painted, the bedding was changed and there are fridges in all of the rooms at no extra fee. I visit just about every January so the crowds are fairly low, but I haven't experienced any issues with guests or CMs. The CM's were friendly, the room service was great every morning - I had no complaints. IMO- request the football themed area. It's close to the food court, main building, and bus stops.

if there's anything else I can answer just let me know!

hrmom26

Original Poster
thanks that's a big help and great about the frig. i can not plan on cereal in the room for the kids for breakfast, which helps my budget

belledream

Sports is fine. Like @SDisney90, we are there from midnight to 7am and it works wonderfully for us. I get that Disney-happy-magical-feeling whether I'm walking into Sports, Music, or Movies. Plus, the food court was just renovated last year, and you'll want to avoid Music as it is getting the same renovation this fall.

The only thing I hear about Sports, crowd-wise, is during some competition times, it can be a little hectic. Hopefully you can avoid that. If not, make the best of it. You're at Disney! :)

hrmom26

Original Poster
Sports is fine. Like @SDisney90, we are there from midnight to 7am and it works wonderfully for us. I get that Disney-happy-magical-feeling whether I'm walking into Sports, Music, or Movies. Plus, the food court was just renovated last year, and you'll want to avoid Music as it is getting the same renovation this fall.

The only thing I hear about Sports, crowd-wise, is during some competition times, it can be a little hectic. Hopefully you can avoid that. If not, make the best of it. You're at Disney! :)

thank you. when are the competition times anyway, do you know?

disney4life2008

Ignore any and all reviews about any of the all star resorts. People tend to be sadity and arrogant and its totally uncalled for. I have stayed in sports 4 out of the 5 times I have stayed on property the last 2 years and it is AMAZING!!!! The food court just got upgraded and now outshines the other all stars and to me - even POP. The rooms were refurb in the last 2 or 3 years and are immaculate. Bus transportation has never been an issue for me. In regards to being a sports fan - its disney sports and its gaudy but in no way overbearing. I love sports

hrmom26

Original Poster
Ignore any and all reviews about any of the all star resorts. People tend to be sadity and arrogant and its totally uncalled for. I have stayed in sports 4 out of the 5 times I have stayed on property the last 2 years and it is AMAZING!!!! The food court just got upgraded and now outshines the other all stars and to me - even POP. The rooms were refurb in the last 2 or 3 years and are immaculate. Bus transportation has never been an issue for me. In regards to being a sports fan - its disney sports and its gaudy but in no way overbearing. I love sports

awesome!! thanks so much i have stayed at movies twice , pop once and love the all star resorts but i was thrown a bit when told i was going to sports lol especially when i read some reviews. i like that its been renovated too that is a definite plus and i am going to request the football building to be close to the main building , i have rheumatoid arthritis and closer is better

smk

DITTO, It is our favorite value by far.

SDisney90

Absolutely correct, when the competitions are around head for the hills, lol! I stayed until january 15 this year and I caught the beginning of one. It wasn't that bad but, like i said it was just the beginning of the competition.

SDisney90

awesome!! thanks so much i have stayed at movies twice , pop once and love the all star resorts but i was thrown a bit when told i was going to sports lol especially when i read some reviews. i like that its been renovated too that is a definite plus and i am going to request the football building to be close to the main building , i have rheumatoid arthritis and closer is better
One thing I've learned you cannot knock it until you try it. Do you know how many times I've read Mama Melrose and Tonys Town Square are horrible TS restaurants..Let's just say for 2 years straight I've booked them both and loved it each time. Everyone has their own preferences for what's good and what isn't.

These forums are great for advice, questions, etc but only you can decide whether or not you like something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom