Best Disney tip you ever got!

melmel89

Arrive early and have a plan. I got the unofficial guide to WDW after my first visit and i found it helped me to get the most out of WDW holidays.

Teresa-Hollywood

Osborne light show. I thought dh was crazy but he was brilliant. We walked into Hollywood studios ten minutes or less from closing. Headed to the Osborne light show and it was not crowded at all!!! They did shut down until I think 30 minutes after closing. The cast joined in dancing and such. It was a very memorable time. This was the weekend right before Christmas.

Ps. The bus driver thought we were crazy too. It was a last minute idea. We were the only ones on the bus going to the park.

Joey Jurado

What is Ridemax? I've not heard of it.
it's an application that creates an itinerary for you based on all rides you want to go without lines, it tells you what fast passes to get, and at what times you should do it. And it also gives you many tips. I haven't used it for WDW but for disney it worked to perfection. it was super crowded that week, and the longest line we did was probably 10 - 15 mins at the most.

Nuslerosh

1. If you're going with friends or people who you can separate with and you're not having such a great time, don't be afraid to wander the parks and do what you want alone. I can't tell you how much more fun it was to go off alone then be with bad company.
2. Said multiple times, but go to the parks before opening. Did this for my first time and we hit every single long-wait line in Magic Kingdom in under 2 hours. Make sure you hit all the long-wait/medium-wait rides first during this time, and then later on hit the small-wait lines. You might actually have free-time to just walk around.
3. If you are traveling with someone with a disability, take advantage of the Guest Assistance Card. Disney is very accommodating when it comes to guests with disabilities, and with the GAC and Fastpass+, you can hit every ride you want to hit.
4. If you want short wait times in Tomorrowland, go during the day. Tomorrowland is most packed at night because of how nice it looks at night, but if you just want to get the rides done there, then hit them during the day.
5. Wear celebrating, first visit, etc. pins. I can almost guarantee that CMs will make your experience more enjoyable with those little pins.
6. If you want to start a pin collection, buy a bunch of mystery pins at the parks or buy pins online and trade them with cast members. You'll save a lot of money and you can find some great pins if you look hard enough.

Amyleigh

The best tip I got was to book an early breakfast at Crystal Palace. I got one for 8:05! Not only did we get in the park before it opened and got terrific photos, but we got to get in lines before the crowds hit. My son and husband rode Space Mountain 4 times and my daughter and I hit all the "kid" rides with little to no waiting!

Also, download an app with GPS like WDWmaps. We got lost several times and that app saved us from wasting our time wandering around.

Last edited:

HatboxGhost

Not really a tip that we heard but a tip we made up because we experienced it ourselves. If you can afford to do it and you have the time, go to the Halloween party twice. The first time we went only once and felt very rushed between the fireworks, the parade, trick or treating, going on the HM 30-40 times ;), enjoying the stories of the Ghost Lady sitting of front of the HM, seeing the stage show and meeting the villains after. Going twice really allows you to take a breather so you don't have to cram everything into one night.

nharned

Gosh the view of illuminations on the Moscow side right where the belly dancer dances is great. Also if you sit on the tomorowland bridge that connects it to the castle area at the beginning of the fireworks.. or maybe its the light show (im not sure) tinkerbell flys right over your head

Wags14

1. Arrive early
2. Have a plan, but be flexible
3. Take an early afternoon break
4. Bring a poncho, don't stop when it rains!
5. Transportation Cards
6. Bring your own snacks & water
7. Be happy, don't take it too serious (aka, its ok act goofy), and put yourself in your kids' shoes

NJL

The club level in deluxe hotels.

redriri.gif

NiarrNDisney

I was told to always remember:

- Breath (instead of getting frustrated with things you can't control just roll with it)
- Don't rush (you can't do it all in one trip so plan to come back for more fun)
- Relax and enjoy yourself (leave your real life at the gates you can deal with it later)
- Stop and smell the roses (take in the sights and sounds you may miss something without the details)

Scott10

-Schedule a character breakfast before park opening
-Have a plan to diffuse any arguments early (a saying or something silly to bring everyone back together) --- everyone gets tired and grumpy at some point in the trip. I have personally witnessed families who probably ruined an entire vacation with a major blow up in public and you could just tell that they were exhausted but still trying to get every last penny out of their Disney dollars spent.
-Have your kids make purchases only during a trip to Downtown Disney. We always let the kids look because the air conditioned shops can be a nice break from the heat, but they knew that everything they saw in the parks would be at DTD and that would be the day to spend their vacation money!

hrmom26

love this thread have read the whole thing making notes lol my contribution is this ...

for young kids get them a set amount of Disney dollars (if they still have them that is , if not a gift card will do tell them its there Disney credit card lol) before the trip. i gave my kids $100 each a lot to a kid but when you think about all the stuff they want to buy its really not bad ,this is there spending money. so there will be no mom can i get... mom i want... any souvenirs bought will have to come out of that money. tell them its there choice what to spend it on but once its gone its gone . this worked well for me with my kids i had no mom can i have, issues that can ruin a day, no whining, no issues. they were very careful when it was there money not mine they were spending, they loved having the choice and freedom to get what ever they wanted and i "surprised" them and bought them one gift each the last day.

Scott10

love this thread have read the whole thing making notes lol my contribution is this ...

for young kids get them a set amount of Disney dollars (if they still have them that is , if not a gift card will do tell them its there Disney credit card lol) before the trip. i gave my kids $100 each a lot to a kid but when you think about all the stuff they want to buy its really not bad ,this is there spending money. so there will be no mom can i get... mom i want... any souvenirs bought will have to come out of that money. tell them its there choice what to spend it on but once its gone its gone . this worked well for me with my kids i had no mom can i have, issues that can ruin a day, no whining, no issues. they were very careful when it was there money not mine they were spending, they loved having the choice and freedom to get what ever they wanted and i "surprised" them and bought them one gift each the last day.
We did something similar to this with my daughter as she grew old enough to understand the value of money. It was hilarious to watch her make the transition.....she went from seeing item, picking it up, and saying "I want this".....to seeing item, picking it up to check out the price, and placing item back on shelf as she said "wow, that's a lot of money!!!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom