Memory Maker - Multiple Future Vacations Booked

FrostyNaples

Original Poster
I haven't seen this scenario come up yet, and i will fall into this category soon, seeing if anyone has experienced this yet.

I have a resort reservation for late October, and just recently added the advance purchase memory maker (after the fact of resort booking).

Somehow it magically linked the Memory maker to all my resort guests (family linked) without telling it to do so.

Shorlty, even before this October trip, we will be booking another trip for December.

I will also be purchasing memory maker for that trip as well, most likely resort,dining,park tickets, memory maker, all in one transaction.

So here's the quetion, how will memory maker (advance purchase) no which resort reservation to use??

My concern is that the (2) memory maker packages will prematurely begin on the October trip, and not space them out accordingly.

Now i understand this linking of reservations and guests is wonderful, but the only items currently that ask which guests to link to, are during a resort booking, park tickets.

When i purchase memory maker (on its own transaction) it never asks who, what, where, when to link it to.

Anyone out there already go through this process? Thank you for your input.

sissa216

That is a good question, and one that I hadn't thought of yet!

Did you add the first MM to your resort reservation? You can add it as part of the package. I think doing it this way will help keep things clear. And if there's any confusion, you can point to that to make it easy for Disney/ Photopass to straighten it out.

Memory Maker extends to all of the pictures with your family and friends. I believe there's an option to check on or off that "this person may view and edit my MM pictures". When it comes time to download, only the person that purchased the MM (you) will have downloading privileges. You can download all of the pictures taken on the MBs of your contacts, but the downloading will have to be done from your account.

FrostyNaples

Original Poster
That is a good question, and one that I hadn't thought of yet!

Did you add the first MM to your resort reservation? You can add it as part of the package. I think doing it this way will help keep things clear. And if there's any confusion, you can point to that to make it easy for Disney/ Photopass to straighten it out.

Memory Maker extends to all of the pictures with your family and friends. I believe there's an option to check on or off that "this person may view and edit my MM pictures". When it comes time to download, only the person that purchased the MM (you) will have downloading privileges. You can download all of the pictures taken on the MBs of your contacts, but the downloading will have to be done from your account.

Memory Maker was purchased after the fact, not added (completely separate transaction). But it appeared to link on its own, just not sure on how it will interact with the second trip.

I will certainly find out once its booked, was looking for any hind-site if someone already experienced this scenario.

Tinkerfan4ever

I think this option would work. You have the Oct vacation booked, so go ahead and purchase Memory Maker. You will get the pre purchase price. Book your Dec vacation, but do not add MM at this time. Once you are back from your Oct vacation, do all your editing and such to your photos and then download them. Once all of that is done... go back into My Disney Experience and again pre-purchase the MM for your Dec trip. As long as you are more than 3 days away from your Dec trip, you will still be able to get the pre-purchase price. This way you won't have 2 MM purchased prior to your Oct trip.

cw1982

I think this option would work. You have the Oct vacation booked, so go ahead and purchase Memory Maker. You will get the pre purchase price. Book your Dec vacation, but do not add MM at this time. Once you are back from your Oct vacation, do all your editing and such to your photos and then download them. Once all of that is done... go back into My Disney Experience and again pre-purchase the MM for your Dec trip. As long as you are more than 3 days away from your Dec trip, you will still be able to get the pre-purchase price. This way you won't have 2 MM purchased prior to your Oct trip.

This.

Unless you are getting free MM as part of some kind of deal, buying it between the time you get back from your October trip and the three days prior to the December trip will cost the same as it would if you buy it when you book the reservation, so cost-wise there's not really a need to buy it when you book the trip.

FrostyNaples

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice, i was hoping someone with past experience would chime in. I now have both vacations booked, as well as memory maker. Since I booked the second vacation with all details included, with memory maker in one transaction, it looks like it separates them just fine. We shall see when implemented how it works out. FYI - the memory maker has been assigned to different people, so when we go to retrieve them, it will be from two different log ins, this may help. Thanks again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom