Running at Disney

pixeemom

Original Poster
Ok everyone I am starting to panic, I am training for the Diva 1/2 marathon in October, I am doing a 14 week training plan, today starts week 5 for me.....my dilemma is, I will be going "HOME" in two weeks, so I will not most likely not be able to do weeks 6/7/8
frown.gif
because we are driving home and taking our time coming back to NY
whats going to happen to me
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

We are staying at the AoA, is there any place to run around there?
will I get in trouble for running the property?
even if I don't follow my routine I feel like I need to try and get some running in, I am so depressed over this now :(

LindsayLoves

If you are at AOA run around Hourglass Lake and if its early or late enough through AOA and POP resorts for a bit of a change of scenery. Missing three weeks of training is going to be rough but try to get in as much running as you can. If you are driving back and staying at hotels along the way use treadmills whenever you can.

pixeemom

Original Poster
If you are at AOA run around Hourglass Lake and if its early or late enough through AOA and POP resorts for a bit of a change of scenery. Missing three weeks of training is going to be rough but try to get in as much running as you can. If you are driving back and staying at hotels along the way use treadmills whenever you can.
Ok I will look at the AoA map thank you!!

pixeemom

Original Poster
The map for POP is old, it is from when they were doing construction on AOA so you couldn't fully make it around the lake. Now that AOA is open you can run around the lake and over the Generation Gap bridge between the two.
should I be looking at the AoA map now?? to see where to go?

dreamfinder

Just do laps around the parking lots & building. Had no problems doing that at the other resorts. Just ends up with a bit of redundancy.

LindsayLoves

pixeemom

Original Poster
I don't think they have a map for AOA for some reason. Below is the link to someone who did this loop, if you zoom in you can see the bridge that runs between the two resorts. You can directly access the path from most of the building at AOA or Pop.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/celebration-fl/hourglass-lake-loops-pop-century-resort-route-175262068
Thank you!!!! I will most likely stick with running around hour glass lake a few times maybe i'll cross over the bridge and do a little pop to...:)

DizPunk

I run AoA/Pop a few times a month (I try to rotate resorts every run). Its a great place to run through. I am usually there at 6am.

I usually start off at the bridge, and run either left or right at AoA towards Cars or Little Mermaid. I make a loop around AoA until I come back to the bridge. Then I go through Pop the same way, back to the bridge. Then I make a loop around Hourglass lake. Depending how you create those loops in AoA or Pop you can make that route 3-4 miles. So you can use that for a basis for how many miles you need :)

pixeemom

Original Poster
I run AoA/Pop a few times a month (I try to rotate resorts every run). Its a great place to run through. I am usually there at 6am.

I usually start off at the bridge, and run either left or right at AoA towards Cars or Little Mermaid. I make a loop around AoA until I come back to the bridge. Then I go through Pop the same way, back to the bridge. Then I make a loop around Hourglass lake. Depending how you create those loops in AoA or Pop you can make that route 3-4 miles. So you can use that for a basis for how many miles you need :)
awesome that's exactly what I need and I will be having to keep doing that route till i do my 8 miles, thank you!!!

DisneyFreak23

I ran the route around Hour glass lake while we stayed at Cars AoA in May. It was very beautiful and I learned a little trivia at Pop Century!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom