What is your favorite "extinct" Disney ride/show?

GrammieBee

Skyway to Fantasyland - that ride was awesome. I hated Skyway to Tomorrowland though. Just the worst. Glad they removed it.

Color me confused. There was only one Skyway ride in the Magic Kingdom. It went between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland or from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland depending on which direction you were going. The gondolas traveled in a loop. If it wasn't crowded they might let you make a round trip without having to exit at one end.

By morning I realized that the quoted post was maybe meant to be a joke.

Last edited:

graphite1326

At MK
Alien Encounter
Diamond Horseshoe review
Merlin letting kids pull the sword from the stone
Mr Toads Wild Ride
2000 Leagues under the Sea ( never got the chance to ride em )
I agree with the first three. 2000 leagues I just can't figure out why people liked that. It was the most boring ride ever.

Tom 55

I miss 20000 Leagues and the Gondola. Here are some pictures from 1982. The Speedway picture is taken from Gondola ride.

Attachments

• IMG_1597[1].JPG
    IMG_1597[1].JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1598[1].JPG
    IMG_1598[1].JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 67

Cmdr_Crimson

I liked Honey I shrunk The Audience....I thought the concept of the Theater being shrunk was a creative concept for the Mid 90's and when It was still around before The Captain came back from the Dead I'd always go there..But, all I have now is to watch Martin's tribute to it on a 90" movie screen in my room...It's tragic I know....

And yeah..I'll watch Cranium Command On occasion as well...
DSC00681.jpg

20000 Leagues for sure! As a kid, this was always my pick for "parade ride", the ride you do that you love cause the line is short while everyone is at the parade. I loved being inside the submarine. I was sad when I went back years later and it was gone.

Mouse3268

Its hard for me to say for a variety of reasons:
- It would have been Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, but I got the chance to ride it when I went to Disneyland in 2011. So I didn't feel like I was missing out anymore. Same explanation with 20,000 League Under the Sea and the Nemo Subs (yes I know the experience isn't the same, but it is similar enough).
- I never had the chance to experience Horizons, it was closed when I was 5 and I obviously cannot remember if I rode it or not when I was 2.
- I was 5 the last time I rode World of Motion and Journey into Imagination, so while I remember them, they don't have the same sentimental feeling if say they would have still been around when I went when was 11. Also I understand why both of them had to go, even though the execution of a new Imagination could have been much much better.
- The new version of Spaceship Earth does not bother me. Seems like a logical update and in a way incorporates some of the spirit of Horizons. I do agree that the decent could have been done better.
- Never went on Alien Encounter, would not have gone over well, haha!

Finally to my choice:

Wonders of Life pavilion was probably my favorite "extinct" thing at Walt Disney World. Loved Cranium Command and I thought Body Wars was more intense than Star Tours, which always made it more trilling for me. Plus the other stuff around the pavilion was always fun and I loved that everything was connected to a common theme, which we really only now in The Land.

Maelstrom will take over the top spot if the rumored Frozen takeover does indeed happen.

Californian Elitist

Why Mr. Toad? I just experienced that at DL and it was just not memorable.

Mr. Toad is a Walt-era attraction, where you end up in hell at the end. I've never experienced I dark ride like this one. It is arguably the most unique dark ride Disney's ever built, and I highly doubt we'd see something like this get built today. I can bet these are some of the reasons why people would like to see it back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom