Be Our Guest Restaurant FastPass+

loriloughs

Ok. So I just got off the phone with a Disney Dining Rep re: how to book a fastpass for lunch at Be Our Guest. She told me that I have to wait for an email invitation. And that email could come at any time including the day before our trip. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have been to Disney more than 20 times but not with FP+ or MagicBands. Has Disney gone loco?!!!

stichrules

According to Disney this is still in testing and is by invitation only. Must be staying at WDW resort to be invited to the test. We just got our invite the other day for our trip next month. Confimred this thru calling Disney DVC memebr site as we own DVC and on the Disney site Moms panel. Not sure if they open it to everyone later on. Could not get that piece confimred anywhere, the CMs kept aying you must be invited into the test thru email.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

According to Disney this is still in testing and is by invitation only. Must be staying at WDW resort to be invited to the test. We just got our invite the other day for our trip next month. Confimred this thru calling Disney DVC memebr site as we own DVC and on the Disney site Moms panel. Not sure if they open it to everyone later on. Could not get that piece confimred anywhere, the CMs kept aying you must be invited into the test thru email.

Correct - while BOG has been open for quite some time now the FP+ lunch option remains a test. Its not guarenteed that everyone staying onsite will get an email. However, I have read reports where people have not received the email but logged in to the site and was able to reserve anyway.

Upvote 0

loriloughs

Original Poster
Hello again! As of 12:00 I was eligible to book fastpass+ for Be Our Guest. At 12:02 all the fastpasses were gone for lunch for the entire week of our stay!!!!!!! Has anyone else had problems?? So frustrating! What I've read from all the above, it seems I am the only one with a problem. 3 different Disney cast members were NOT able to help me!!! AGH!!!

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Hello again! As of 12:00 I was eligible to book fastpass+ for Be Our Guest. At 12:02 all the fastpasses were gone for lunch for the entire week of our stay!!!!!!! Has anyone else had problems?? So frustrating! What I've read from all the above, it seems I am the only one with a problem. 3 different Disney cast members were NOT able to help me!!! AGH!!!

CMs will not be able to help you at all. I can tell you that days open up day by day. Your best bet is to keep checking everyday several times a day. When I got the email it only showed times for the first 2 days and nothing for the rest of the week. Then about 5 days later - I had every day and lots of times avalaible.

Upvote 0

stillgoofy

The BOG fastpasses are released at different intervals than the other FastPass at 60 days. There is no consistency. We got ours at close to 60 days but others have reported around 30 days or even 10 days. Keep trying the special link. They are not necessarily gone they may not have been released yet.

Upvote 0

LisaBelle

We were there Sunday, July 20. I was not able to get a Fastpass+ for BOG, but we got in line around 11:00 and were inside, had orders placed and were seated in less than 15 minutes. Could have been pure luck, but it worked out great for us. We LOVED BOG!

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We were there Sunday, July 20. I was not able to get a Fastpass+ for BOG, but we got in line around 11:00 and were inside, had orders placed and were seated in less than 15 minutes. Could have been pure luck, but it worked out great for us. We LOVED BOG!
We were there on Saturday, July 19. Had a BOG fastpass for 11:10 a.m. and when we arrived there was a line to check in for the fastpass, but NO LINE AT ALL for standby! So we bypassed the check in and walked right into the restaurant; there was no line in the knight room either and we only had to wait a couple minutes to place our order at a kiosk.

When we exited about an hour later, there were less than a dozen folks waiting to get inside.

So, @LisaBelle, it seems last weekend was either anomaly or the popularity of BOG has finally slowed down.

Upvote 0

BrianV

We've been looking at the website for weeks. Nothing. Finally today there were fast pass openings for our arrival day, about 25 days from now. Only the first day was available, so I'm wondering if they open up one day at a time. We need our third day that we plan to spend at mk, hopefully.

We've never received an official invite. However, we did just get an email that our magic bands were being sent so maybe they coincide.

Upvote 0

LisaBelle

We were there on Saturday, July 19. Had a BOG fastpass for 11:10 a.m. and when we arrived there was a line to check in for the fastpass, but NO LINE AT ALL for standby! So we bypassed the check in and walked right into the restaurant; there was no line in the knight room either and we only had to wait a couple minutes to place our order at a kiosk.

When we exited about an hour later, there were less than a dozen folks waiting to get inside.

So, @LisaBelle, it seems last weekend was either anomaly or the popularity of BOG has finally slowed down.

@Tuvalu, if it was an anomaly, I am super happy that it happened during our visit! I wasn't able to get an ADR for BOG for dinner and I tried multiple times for the lunchtime fastpass without success. Eating at BOG was one of my main goals for this trip, so I was beyond thrilled that we got in :happy:! We noticed a similar situation as we exited BOG. There were a few more people in line than when we joined the queue, but still not what I expected based on photos and stories I'd read on the boards.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Keep checking, what you are describing happens to me all the time. I've had it get to maybe 7 days prior to arrival when a FP for lunch would open up. Most of the time I can snag one at about 21 days from arrival. But I had it get really close in March. Also check your email after you check in because I also got one that way, and email arrived to my inbox and I logged in and there was availabilty. The lunch is really good.

Upvote 0

TRONorail12

For anyone with upcoming resort stays, keep checking for the e-mail. All resort guests should be invited soon if they haven't been already. BIG changes are coming to BOG. The number of FP time slots are going to see a big increase for resort guests. However, the number of guests allowed to queue for standby is going to dramatically decrease.

To all the guests that kept complaining about having to wait in line on a first come, first serve basis for a restaurant... you finally got your wish. BOG is beginning the process of eliminating the standby line. HOWEVER, if you don't have a FP reservation, you may not be guaranteed to dine for lunch anymore. :jawdrop:

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

For anyone with upcoming resort stays, keep checking for the e-mail. All resort guests should be invited soon if they haven't been already. BIG changes are coming to BOG. The number of FP time slots are going to see a big increase for resort guests. However, the number of guests allowed to queue for standby is going to dramatically decrease.

To all the guests that kept complaining about having to wait in line on a first come, first serve basis for a restaurant... you finally got your wish. BOG is beginning the process of eliminating the standby line. HOWEVER, if you don't have a FP reservation, you may not be guaranteed to dine for lunch anymore. :jawdrop:

Hopefully the big changes include a different menu. I have both a dinner and FP+ reservation and will decide to dump one before I leave next week - but the menu is disgusting looking. The strawberry cheesecake looks amazing though.

Upvote 0

cw1982

If they are eliminating the standby queue, would it not make more sense to just move to full-on ADR's? I understand lunch is more casual and usually doesn't take as long as dinner, but it seems like this would make more sense than confusing people by calling it a fastpass when it's not part of the same system as fastpass plus. This is even more true if there is no more bypassing the queue imo.

Upvote 0

TRONorail12

If they are eliminating the standby queue, would it not make more sense to just move to full-on ADR's? I understand lunch is more casual and usually doesn't take as long as dinner, but it seems like this would make more sense than confusing people by calling it a fastpass when it's not part of the same system as fastpass plus. This is even more true if there is no more bypassing the queue imo.[/QUOTE

Actually, it wouldn't make more sense to move into full ADR's because then you are classifying a quick-service restaurant in the table-service category. Yes, you are correct in the sense that the BOG FP is NOT part of the same "system" as FP+ through the MyDisneyExperience site. Why are you correct? Because this is a test period for the brand new system they are implementing. Will it eventually be a part of MDX and take the place of one of your attraction FP+ choices? Well, you will have to find out when the time comes.

One of the biggest differences though is that you are not reserving a specific table size, it's open seating in the restaurant. Next, comes the fact that you are still going to have to wait in line to order food. A lot of people think the definition of FP is "bypassing the queue line." That is not how Disney describes it. In Disney's eyes, FP is simply little to minimal wait time. And that is how they are going about this new system. By reducing the number of standby guests, they are decreasing the "overall" wait time for the restaurant as a whole. No more 45-90 min waits.

Upvote 0

BrianV

So this morning, my date of august 25th opened up for me and I'm pretty excited. It had been extending day by day, one day at a time. I chose the regular arrival as opposed to the direct to table. Does anyone have an opinion if one is better? Looks like I can change anytime I want.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
So this morning, my date of august 25th opened up for me and I'm pretty excited. It had been extending day by day, one day at a time. I chose the regular arrival as opposed to the direct to table. Does anyone have an opinion if one is better? Looks like I can change anytime I want.
I have yet to read of anyone having success with direct to table. We have tried it 3 times and always have to reorder once we arrive. It's not a big deal.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom