The Yankee Trader closing for refurbishment - is a dedicated Haunted Mansion gift shop coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissM

OH MY GOD. I want it ALL! :D

I missed out on the last Dooney because well, pretty much everyone missed out on it. Hopefully, new bags will be in greater numbers:

Everything looks great, Steven! Do you know if supplies for the Haunted Mansion Dooney and Bourke handbag will be decent this time? It was virtually impossible to get the one that came out last fall.

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 3:09 pm
@Heather – I spoke with the accessories team who said they have multiple orders placed in the coming months. We certainly saw the excitement from the original bag released last September.

And, if you read the comments there are FOUR total designs coming this time around for the Dooneys:

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 3:21 pm
In addition to the original form we released, there will also be a tote, a letter carrier and a wristlet.

mp2bill

Disney Parks Blog had announced all these items are coming this Fall. Could these be for the rumored HM shop?

hmmmmm8390021-613x613.jpg

Apparel which will include both long and short-sleeved options for women, men and children. Some of the shirts will also include a glow-in-the-dark element.
Awesome! Love the uniforms. I assume the quality won't be all that great though. :(

NewfieFan

I'm not even into the HM or it's merch but this has me excited. I'm hoping it will spread to other attractions and resorts!

(Don't shoot, but I'd love similar treatment for IASW. Seriously, I love the art design of Mary Blair and would love to see some real IASW merch with it. And I'm not talking about the character stuff from DL that somehow makes its way to WDW. A couple of years ago I bought a fitted women's tee with the IASW clock on it and it's my fave.)

jrogue

I really hope all this new merchandise is the first step towards a HM attraction specific shop! And those bookends! I must have them :inlove:

DManRightHere

Wouldn't pirates be easy to make some unique merch too!

I hope they have plenty of this junk when we go back in a couple years. Plus I hope it sells well so they will continue for other attractions! (But not hot cakes well that could induce price hikes!)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Does anyone else find it strange that Disney would approve of those highly-detailed screen-printed uniform tees? I like them don't get me wrong, it's just odd for Disney to offer something so close to actual CM costuming. I wonder if by doing this Disney is or will be forced to develop new uniforms for the Mansion. Though, I might be getting ahead of myself.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Does anyone else find it strange that Disney would approve of those highly-detailed screen-printed uniform tees? I like them don't get me wrong, it's just odd for Disney to offer something so close to actual CM costuming. I wonder if by doing this Disney is or will be forced to develop new uniforms for the Mansion. Though, I might be getting ahead of myself.

I don't think it's odd, it's hard to mistake these for an actual costume.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I don't think it's odd, it's hard to mistake these for an actual costume.

I never said these could be mistaken for CM costumes!? I'm just saying that It's odd for Disney to release a design that resembles an attraction's CM costume. It's Unprescendented. Attraction specific attire is one thing but a design closely-based on the Haunted Mansion CM uniforms is surprising.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I never said these could be mistaken for CM costumes!? I'm just saying that It's odd for Disney to release a design that resembles an attraction's CM costume. It's Unprescendented. Attraction specific attire is one thing but a design closely-based on the Haunted Mansion CM uniforms is surprising.

Sorry, I just assumed that was your concern. I think it makes sense for the mansion since the costumes are so iconic.

cw1982

I too read your post to imply that the shirts could be mistaken for costumes. How else should we have interpreted the comment about Disney being "forced" to change the costume because the shirts look so close to the real thing? I don't think that will happen, but it's certainly what I thought you were saying.

But to answer the question, I agree with @danlb_2000 about the costumes being iconic enough to be a logical shirt design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom