What did you do?

fmingo36

This is the second time this week that I stepped outside to do a run and realized my Garmin battery was dead and I had once again forgotten to charge it. Sigh. Oh well. Since I know my routes, I know I did 3.5 miles on both runs, but I'm not sure of the pace. I felt like I pushed a bit and felt strong, but who the heck knows. I'm a poor judge of my pace without the Garmin. Joel always liked to do a no-watch day each week. I guess this is my no-watch week this month! Speaking of @joel_maxwell, anyone heard from him? I guess he's still taking a social media break!

I hate it when my Garmin fails me. I also hate that I've become so dependent on it!

Joel is alive! I've had some correspondence via text with him.

fmingo36

Yesterday morning- 1hr. of yoga/pilates. 2 miles on TM including .5 miles walking backwards on the TM. I really love to do this. I can totally feel this in my legs! And then I taught a 45 minute class in the afternoon.

Today was a quick three miles outside (YIPPIE!) at a 9:57 pace.

Kristia

This is the second time this week that I stepped outside to do a run and realized my Garmin battery was dead and I had once again forgotten to charge it. Sigh. Oh well. Since I know my routes, I know I did 3.5 miles on both runs, but I'm not sure of the pace. I felt like I pushed a bit and felt strong, but who the heck knows. I'm a poor judge of my pace without the Garmin. Joel always liked to do a no-watch day each week. I guess this is my no-watch week this month! Speaking of @joel_maxwell, anyone heard from him? I guess he's still taking a social media break!
I had a no watch Thursday today and mine died on me on Tuesday also. My Garmin has been acting weird. It was charged 100% and about 10 min into the run it started the low battery chirp. It died about 20 minutes into the run. That night, I did a hard reset, which worked the last time I had this issue. I charged overnight and then on Wed, it did the same thing, but made it through the run. I checked online and Garmin said it could be a software issue so I did the recommended fix which was. Charge it to 100%, remove from charger and start the timer. Let the timer run till the battery dies and then recharge it to 100% and leave on charger for an additional hour. I left the timer on overnight and it lasted all night. I heard the low battery chirping at 2:30 am and had to get up to throw it in a drawer. Had to put it on the charger this morning, so I wasn't able to use it on my run. Hopefully this will fix it!!

JillC LI

Joel is alive! I've had some correspondence via text with him.

Has Nick talked him into running a 100 miler yet?! LOL. Tell him we miss him 'round these parts.

.5 miles walking backwards on the TM. I really love to do this. I can totally feel this in my legs!

Interesting. I've never tried this. Gonna have to now though!

I had a no watch Thursday today and mine died on me on Tuesday also. My Garmin has been acting weird.

I actually thought I had fully charged mine on Sunday night yet it was dead when I went out to run on Monday. Just forgot to do anything about it since then. I hope it was a fluke on Monday and doesn't start dying on me all the time. Hope your fix works for you.

LindsayLoves

I have finally figured out that the only way I can be sure of getting my runs in is to suck it up and do them before work. This means I have to get up and be out the door by about 4:30 - 4:45 am. I just finished day 3 today. Its tough but I am so glad when I get home after work and I don't have a run looming over my head!

Kristy, I have become a morning/before work runner as well, today I left my house at 4:18am in order to get my run and a shower in before work. I do enjoy all the 'free time' I now have after work which basically just gives me more time to cook and clean up around the house. :facepalm: I hope your Garmin starts working for you again, as much as I like the new models I am not looking to shell out for one anytime soon.

Today 6.34mi @8:38, was aiming for 8:45/mi but once again I overshot it and ran too fast.

Kristia

Kristy, I have become a morning/before work runner as well, today I left my house at 4:18am in order to get my run and a shower in before work. I do enjoy all the 'free time' I now have after work which basically just gives me more time to cook and clean up around the house. :facepalm: I hope your Garmin starts working for you again, as much as I like the new models I am not looking to shell out for one anytime soon.

Today 6.34mi @8:38, was aiming for 8:45/mi but once again I overshot it and ran too fast.
After finishing the first week of early morning runs, I think I will try to stick with it. It wasn't quite as hard as I thought it would be and I am so happy when I am done! The longest mid-week run for this plan is 5 miles, so that one might be a bit tough since I will have to get up about a half hour earlier for that one! I hear ya with the watches. I would love a new one but don't want to spend the money quite yet! Mine is only 3 years old. They should last longer than that! I won't know till next Tuesday if it works. I have a Mud Run this weekend so I won't be wearing my watch.

bethram

I hope all this talk of issues with Garmin batteries doesn't jinx mine!

I was just thinking about Joel the other day, I'm glad to here he's doing well.

As for me, 3.1 in the hot panhandle of Florida this morning. It's about 70 when I run at home, it was 80 here this morning and felt like 88. I probably should have slowed down, but I opted to cut my run short instead.

AUPr8Hd

Track work last night.

1 mile with sprint on the straights and jog on the curves.
4x400m with 2 minutes rest (1:52, 1:57, 1:58 and 2:01)
1 mile with sprint on the straights and jog/walk on the curves.

Please don't jinx my Garmin. I've had it for more than 4 years and I'd like to not have to buy a new one :D

bethram

3.5 miles in the Florida panhandle again, but this time I slowed it down significantly because DD11 ran the first 2.5 miles with me :)

My Garmin started beeping at me that it had a low battery, but I'm pretty sure it's time because it's been a while since I charged it. I'll have to remember to plug it in when I get home tomorrow before my run on Monday morning.

Texas84

My Garmin is fine. :) But I listen to music on my phone and it malfunctioned after 5 miles this morning. The volume turned itself down to zero and couldn't be increased even after two reboots. So 5 more miles without music. I think sweat got in the zip lock and shorted the headphone jack. First world problem?

Sumrdog

4.1 with my 11 year old daughter this am. We had a simulated character stop when my neighbor pulled her car over to talk to us. So with the 5 minute stop our pace was 13:30. I am not too worried about her not finishing the Disneyland 10k anymore, I think she will do great! She knows that I am finishing the 10k with or without her because I want my Dumbo medal...Is that selfish of me?
Just over one month until our mother daughter Run Disney weekend!

JillC LI

My Garmin is fine. :) But I listen to music on my phone and it malfunctioned after 5 miles this morning. The volume turned itself down to zero and couldn't be increased even after two reboots. So 5 more miles without music. I think sweat got in the zip lock and shorted the headphone jack. First world problem?

I charged my garmin and it worked fine today. 8 miles in 68 degree weather with no humidity. Nice. My nano has had volume control broken for years though. It consistently plays too loud. I just put the earbuds next to my ears backwards, and my headband holds them in place. People probably think I'm stupid for having the music blare so loud, but they hear it louder than I do.

She knows that I am finishing the 10k with or without her because I want my Dumbo medal...Is that selfish of me?

No, I think it will give her added motivation.

LindsayLoves

Today I participated in my first "Long Training Run" for the NYC Marathon. For $10 you have the option of running however long you want to run 6-20 miles, and they have pacers from 7:30 min/mi - 12 min/mi. The pacers run the entire thing but you can drop out wherever you like, though the start/finish line is at miles 6, 11, 16, 20 which makes it easy to check out there as baggage is located there. They have a ton of water stations set up along the course and in the start/finish area there is also gatorade, gus, bananas, and pretzels.

It was my first time doing something like this and it was kind of awesome. I had 13 miles scheduled so I did 2 miles as a warmup before making my way over to the start area and lining up with the 9:30 min/mi group. My goal, as with all my long runs, is to keep it slow and even. Without having my hydration belt on I knew I would be tempted to really run this course so I used the pacers to keep me where I should be. I felt really good after finishing the 13 miles but told myself to stop because I shouldn't throw my plan away for extra miles.

My only complaint is that people felt like they had to be on top of the pacers, like if they were 10-15 ft back all out be lost. Since people were riding them so hard they were getting pushed over pace pretty frequently because what else do you do when someone is inches behind you, you run faster. Because of that we had a few miles that fell under 9:20. Only 99 days left until the NYC Marathon.

Mad Stitch

Lol at all the Garmin comments. I forget to charge mine all the time and that feeling you get when the low battery chirp goes off during your run is horrible.

I added a new track to my running playlist on Friday, Charging Fort Wagner from the Glory soundtrack. If your not familiar with it I suggest watching the movie and you'll see why it's a good pump you up song. During my run yesterday I looked at my watch and I had a quarter mile to go, and then that song entered the shuffle. What a great way to finish the run.

dreamfinder

Nothing Saturday, so ended up doing a double on Sunday. 4 mi of hills in the morning, ~8min pace. Afternoon was similar to last Sunday, 11.1 on TM w/.5 inclined. Started at 7:47, neg split on 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 9 1/2, 10, 10 1/4, 10 1/2, 10 3/4, 11. Bigger increases towards the end. About a 22 min 5k to wrap it up. 1/2 warmup & cool down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom